shape
carat
color
clarity

August Vintage Moissanite?

Jelly88

Rough_Rock
I’ve been wanting to get an antique stone and I THINK I would like something in the 4-5ct range. However, I’m not sure how I’d actually feel wearing it day to day in terms of comfort and not getting in the way of things. I’m also not sure how I’ll end up liking antique cuts versus modern cuts as an everyday ring. I’m considering starting with a simulant first, and see how I feel after a couple months before I purchase the real thing. I don’t want the simulant to look too obviously fake though, because I really want to get a good sense of how I would like a real stone of this size and cut. I’ve read good things about August vintage on the boards, but was wondering if anyone has seen their moissanites in real life and can comment on them? Or do you guys think I should just go ahead and purchase the actual diamond?

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
You might have better luck in the Fabulous Fashion jewelry section. Several there have the AV moissy with photos. I bought one and I love it, but I'm not one who had to have the "real deal" ...

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yup. I also recently started a thread over there about my AV ideal round cut moissy. Love it. I also own plenty of diamonds but wanted to try out the 2ct size to see if I’d find it too much or not to wear to work. If I can’t wear it to work (which is where I spend most of my time outside of home) then I probably don’t want to invest too much money in the ring.

Jelly88

Rough_Rock
Thanks!! MakingTheGrade, How does your AV moissanite compare to your diamonds?

Jelly88

Rough_Rock
Super helpful, thanks!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results