shape
carat
color
clarity

WTB Aquamarine Pendant/Necklace

elliefire99

Brilliant_Rock
Just putting out feelers for this as a potential Christmas gift. I can definitely look elsewhere online, but reaching out on the off chance that someone has something.

Looking for an aquamarine pendant for my mother. Larger size, as her neck is short and thicker, so dainty pendents get lost a bit on her neck. A simpler, but well-made setting is best for her. She's not quite a bling queen like the PSer's here. Yellow gold preferred, but not necessary. Around $300 or less would be great, but flexible.

A bit of a backstory to this. My parent's/my childhood home burned down about a year and a half ago (they think it was an electrical fire), and all of my mom's jewelry was destroyed in the process. Insurance covers some stuff, but there wasn't a lot of proof of what she had. My parents have been too busy with all the big stuff (rebuilding the house, etc.) to worry about things like jewelry.

Last Christmas, my dad bought her a simple set of aquamarine studs, prong set in yellow gold, so she could have a little bit of fine jewelry. She has worn them literally EVERY day since. Hoping to find a nice pendant to match :)

(any leads for a solid 20"+ chain would be great too!)

Thanks everyone!

Last edited:

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
F1967EA2-BBCB-4148-9496-6D2C24F281BF.jpeg 5599AABF-D210-4D65-980F-BF4E2B93B104.jpeg D6971319-E2DE-4A14-8364-724AD22AEF6A.jpeg I might have just the thing!
It’s in 18ct yellow and white gold and an oval aquamarine. It’s is faceted on the underside and smooth on the top side.
Added bonus is that the bale opens up to go over a thicker chain or cord.
I used to wear it with the faceted bead necklace (genuine ? - I forget) with a 925 silver clasp.
I don’t think I’ve worn this in 20 years - oops. I went through a gemstone bead necklace phase o_O

elliefire99

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Bron! This may be about right. Do you have approximate dimensions? My only fear is that it may be just a bit too big/heavy, as I still want this to be an everyday piece.

But it's pretty! Reminds me a lot of all the big opal and amber pendants she uses to wear when I was a child.

elliefire99

Brilliant_Rock
Visited my parents, and it seems that my mom lost one of her earrings and now had plans to make it into a pendant. I guess the project is off then! Haha

Perhaps now I should be looking for earrings instead.... hmmm...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results