shape
carat
color
clarity

Any antique cuts or old european sellers in Sf bay area?

Manomi

Rough_Rock
Hey everyone
I am looking into antique cut stones and am talking to Adam from OWD. I love how the stones look in pictures and videos but I want to see in person before making a decision. I know Adam has a solid return policy but still if I am able to see these stones before ordering from him to get a feel, that would really help. Does anyone know of any vendors who specialize in antique cuts in california, SF bay area? I know Grace is in LA.. that would be doable too but best would be if someone can recommend sf area vendors so I don't have to travel far. Thanks a lot in advance!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Isn't lang antiques in SF? They don't specialize in loose stones, but have many incredible old cut diamond rings you could see if that helps.

EC8

Shiny_Rock
Lang Antiques, don’t think they sell loose stones but you can get to see a nice selection of jewelry with antique stones.

Athena10X

Shiny_Rock
Prince Estate (Sausalito, maybe SF) also carries antique/vintage diamond rings, though not loose stones.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Next time we do a GTG in SF we need to meet up. Lang Antique will have some beautiful examples, as well as 66 Mint. Eric Trabert in SF has old cuts but you need to ask. And they are a bit over priced. However his selection of Jewelers that he carries is very nice. I think he still does carry Erika Winter. I’ve read some reviews of bad custom projects so watch out. If you’re in LA, Single Stone will have some amazing settings and the occasional very beautiful old cut. However, their gorgeous settings can make even the least attractive old cut look good. They are VERY pricey though.

Miss Marple

Shiny_Rock
Definitely check out Lang Antiques in SF. As others have said, they don’t really have loose stones, but they do have a variety of already set antique cuts. Pricing is a little high compared to most PS recommended vendors and they don’t negotiate but pricing seems fair given that it is a B&M located on Union Square.

Manomi

Rough_Rock
Thank you sooo much for all the help!! I’ll definitwly be checking out Lang antiques. LLJsmom, please let me know when you do!! Would live to meet up!!

GearGirly

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That’s exactly what I was going to say. I don’t see many around here though but I know Lang has some.

LinSF

Brilliant_Rock
Langs is so much fun to visit... I have to fight to keep my wallet in my pocket there. :lol:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results