shape
carat
color
clarity

Any FitBit’s Wearers Amongst The Bling?

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My very, VERY romantic husband bought me a FitBit Alta HR for Valentines Day :lol:

I did mention about a year ago, that I might quite like one to see how many steps & miles I do with my running, just generally, as I only use a Casio running watch to record my times. Yes really, in this day & age. I don’t like technology! He has set it all up for me & put the app on my phone, and i’m just happy that I can finally prove that I don’t sleep as soundly as he does!

I have put it on my right wrist, as I wear my watch & bracelets on my left wrist. I’m not giving up my beautiful diamond faced watch for a rubber band, so I shall wear both.

Who else wears a Fitbit AND a regular watch? And what does your Fitbit provide you with that is important to you?

Last edited:

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I use Fitbit but it just stays in my pocket. I get a more accurate count and I don't have to wear a giant rubber band! I use it to keep myself honest with myself about how much I am moving. I also use it to track food and water about half the time to make sure I keep in healthy areas that way too.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I took mine off last week. Got tired of wearing it. It's sitting in my bling drawer surrounded by sparklies.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wear one but got a silver tone mesh band from Amazon. Much nicer look than the rubber IMHO. I like getting text messages and tracking my steps.

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I used to wear my regular watch and Fitbit when I had Flex but it died last year so my mom gifted Alta HR to me. Now it just seems silly to me to wear a watch with Alta. So my lovely Cartier watch sits in the safe:cry2:.

I like keeping track of my sleep and my heart rate on the app. I recently received Fitbit scale as a gift so now weight syncs automatically. not having to manually enter it is helpful as I tend to forget to do it.

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
My husband uses one for step tracking. He loves it. He promised I could get one eventually too because I enjoy that stuff.

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have the Fitbit one so I just clip it to my bra. I’ve been looking to get something to replace it though but I’m not happy with the choices.

strawrose

Brilliant_Rock
I wear a versa. First one broke after 6 months and they replaced it. o_O Well, I guess it’s okay because I abuse it like crazy.

Last edited:

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’ve had fitbits for 5 years but I just got an Apple Watch 4. I have a way to go working this new fangled thing out but so far it’s great. Apparently if I keel over and don’t respond to it it will call the emergency services for me and SMS my nominated people.

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have two Apple watches but prefer the Fitbit bc I feel it’s a lot more accurate. The Apple Watch is great for other things (I run and do the Nike app run on my watch and I can listen to music thru it) but as a step tracker I just prefer a Fitbit. Also I like to join weekly workweek and weekend challenges with people at work/friends and it keeps me motivated.
I sometimes forget to wear my watch but I always wear my Fitbit one.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love my fitbit. It really helped me get my sleep problem under control. The only downside for me is looking at my steps at the end of the day and thinking I must jog in place before hopping in bed if I have not hit 10K : )

Q

Queenie60

Love, Love my Fitbit. I had an HR and recently upgraded to the Charge3. Tracks my steps, I use it as a heart rate monitor while spinning, It tracks my sleep and probably does much more. I have the silver band from amazon. Also, connects to the weight watchers app.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love my fitbit. It really helped me get my sleep problem under control. The only downside for me is looking at my steps at the end of the day and thinking I must jog in place before hopping in bed if I have not hit 10K : )

I sleep terribly. How did it help you to get a better sleep, if you don’t mind me asking? I’ve just looked at my sleep pattern from last night & I had one short period of deep sleep, lots of light sleeps & THIRTEEN red spike said i was awake!? I went to the toilet twice & one of my children has a nasty cough that could have disturbed me, but i’m not aware of actually being awake that make times, even though in general i’m rubbish at sleeping.

jordyonbass

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Someone loaned me one for an overnight trip I did for my Land Surveying job about 6 months ago, I just put it in my pocket and was shown the basics on how to use it and was told that it would go off if I hit 10 000 steps.

It went off 3 times in 2 days, I nearly wanted to throw it away. No wonder why I've lost 50lb :lol:

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Alex, hi. I used it to see what was going on while I was asleep, then modified my behavior to see if I could get better readings. For instance, I found that melatonin actually gave poorer quality of sleep, as does even a few sips of wine. And I found that going to bed earlier gave me better sleep. For a while I made charts to see if I could “crack the code” for better sleep. The elusive beast is deep sleep.
In addition, comparing my sleep to the averages they showed helped me be less concerned as most often my sleep patterns where typical for my age. The waking multiple times seems normal.
I also experiment with: a weighted blanket, different mattress toppers, sleeping in a hammock!, sleeping surrounded by a long u-shaped « pregnancy « pillow. And taking magnesium before bed (does work) or Aleve (also helps).
I feel like I haven’t really slept in years. (((sigh))) but do get a good night once in a while. The fitbit gave me reference data to help make sense of things.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Alex, hi. I used it to see what was going on while I was asleep, then modified my behavior to see if I could get better readings. For instance, I found that melatonin actually gave poorer quality of sleep, as does even a few sips of wine. And I found that going to bed earlier gave me better sleep. For a while I made charts to see if I could “crack the code” for better sleep. The elusive beast is deep sleep.
In addition, comparing my sleep to the averages they showed helped me be less concerned as most often my sleep patterns where typical for my age. The waking multiple times seems normal.
I also experiment with: a weighted blanket, different mattress toppers, sleeping in a hammock!, sleeping surrounded by a long u-shaped « pregnancy « pillow. And taking magnesium before bed (does work) or Aleve (also helps).
I feel like I haven’t really slept in years. (((sigh))) but do get a good night once in a while. The fitbit gave me reference data to help make sense of things.

Thanks for the info :wavey: I have in general, always been a bad sleeper. But it was Valentines obviously yesterday, so we did have a couple of glasses of wine with dinner which may have affected my sleep. I shall see if it’s different tonight with no wine. I don’t like to get hung up or obsessive about things, so for instance, i don’t plan on checking my heart rate often as i’ll become paranoid & can be prone to anxiety. The watch has already clocked this, as I have been scrolling through to the step count & now it has moved the steps to the first thing it scrolls to, which is very impressive!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Someone loaned me one for an overnight trip I did for my Land Surveying job about 6 months ago, I just put it in my pocket and was shown the basics on how to use it and was told that it would go off if I hit 10 000 steps.

It went off 3 times in 2 days, I nearly wanted to throw it away. No wonder why I've lost 50lb :lol:

Maybe I need to change my job & become a land surveyor, and then I wouldn’t need to run all these mile to keep my arse in check!

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes but I strap it to my bag, brag or keep it in my pocket! Wrist real estate is precious!!!! I don't have space for no ugly plastic band!

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I LOVE my fitbit, couldn't live without one now. I stopped wearing a watch though. Sometimes I just can't stand anything on my wrists. I'm surprised I was able to overcome that with the fitbit. But I love seeing the information, so I put up with it. I'm surprised about my sleep. I always feel lazy and like I sleep for 12 hours. Turns out I rarely ever make my 8 hour goal. I usually just wear the black strap. I have multiple straps for it.

LJsapphire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I used to have a fitbit until my fiance bought me an apple watch so I only have to wear one thing on my wrist (I'm not a bracelet person).

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had a fit bit but now have an apple watch...I never go anywhere without it on...its great for keeping track of how many steps you do...

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi all :wavey:

Well I have now done 24 hours in my Fitbit, on my right wrist so that I can still wear my watch etc on my left. Today was not a gym day, just a regular day, and I had completed 10k steps by 6.40pm, when it started vibrating & setting fireworks off on the display. Very cool! It was interesting to see my sleep from last night too, so i’m looking forward to monitoring that aspect. Tomorrow is Saturday & I shall be hitting the gym early for my run, so tomorrow will bring different information I expect.

But... I’m not finding it very comfortable! I have it positioned correctly, a couple of fingers upwards from my wrist, but the ridgid watch body is hurting now. My instructions say to wear it snug, not too tight & not too loose. If I ease off a notch then it starts sliding everywhere. So I think it’s just right. I do have bony areas on my wrists & I remember years ago giving up on my Nike Fuel Band as I got a sore patch of skin underneath.

Hmmm... Anybody else get this or have any suggestions?

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
on my right wrist so that I can still wear my watch etc on my left. Today was not a gym day, just a regular day, and I had completed 10k steps by 6.40pm, when it started vibrating & setting fireworks off on the display.
You're supposed to wear it on your non dominant hand or it over counts and you get more false hand steps. If you want more accurate counts while wearing it on your dominant hand, you should go into settings and change the choice to non dominant which will make it less sensitive to movements.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wear it on my dominate hand. As long as you select that during set up, I think it is okay. I find the metal mesh band much more comfortable than the rubber. I have not worn it to sleep yet. I prefer no jewelry but like many of you, I also have sleep issues. Maybe I should try!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wear it on my dominate hand. As long as you select that during set up, I think it is okay. I find the metal mesh band much more comfortable than the rubber. I have not worn it to sleep yet. I prefer no jewelry but like many of you, I also have sleep issues. Maybe I should try!

The sleep is fascinating! I’m not really one for technology & generally am quite dubious, so when I woke for the toilet at 3.42am I deliberately made a mental note of the time so that I could check accuracy. Sure enough on my app this morning, shortly after 3.30am it is showing a deep sleep changing into a light sleep & then a short period of being awake. That seems pretty accurate to me!

I may investigate other bands at some point. I do have a slight latex irritation & have to wear cotton lined Marigold gloves for domestic stuff etc, and whilst this band is ok still, I do keep sticking a finger underneath to have a little scratch.

@Matata Thanks for the tip about the dominate hand as I had no idea! My husband set it up for me & he did ask which hand I would be wearing it on etc. i’ve just checked with him & he has set to being on the dominate hand, so we’re all good & as accurate as can be.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’ve been wearing a Fitbit for a few years now. I originally had the Flex in a lovely Tory Burch bangle.

IMG_2127.jpg
Unfortunately, the Flex died, so I got another, and then the bangle wouldn’t stay closed.

I know have an Alta, which I wear on my right wrist, but still wear a watch on my left.

I don’t actually believe the sleep readings, because I don’t sleep much, I can tell you every time I look at my projection clock, but as long as I lay still, the Fitbit counts it as sleep.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’ve been wearing a Fitbit for a few years now. I originally had the Flex in a lovely Tory Burch bangle.

IMG_2127.jpg
Unfortunately, the Flex died, so I got another, and then the bangle wouldn’t stay closed.

I know have an Alta, which I wear on my right wrist, but still wear a watch on my left.

I don’t actually believe the sleep readings, because I don’t sleep much, I can tell you every time I look at my projection clock, but as long as I lay still, the Fitbit counts it as sleep.

Urgh, that sounds dubious. Maybe your tracker isn’t reading properly? Love that bangle though. I have just ordered a stainless steel mesh bracelet for mine, as in general my skin doesn’t like rubber (purple rubber does my look good with my Tiffany DBTY’s!) & I have just removed it to shower after the gym this morning & have hot red bumps around my wrist. I have repositioned it a bit higher up & will just keep moving it up & down for a few days until the strap arrives.

On a plus note, I ran for quite a distance at the gym & my 10k steps firework display went off at 10.46am. So I think that means I can sit on my arse for the rest of the day, right??!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’ve had 3 fitbits now @Alex T , and I KNOW I don’t sleep much, I just lay very still, so I think as long as you lay very still, it assumes you’re asleep.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chances are, if I'm even ABLE to lay very still, I'm definitely asleep!:lol-2:I toss and turn like crazy unless I am in deep sleep. I have charted nights where I only got 2 hours sleep, and once I got 0 hours, and both were accurate. Just really bad nights.:eek2:

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chances are, if I'm even ABLE to lay very still, I'm definitely asleep!:lol-2:I toss and turn like crazy unless I am in deep sleep. I have charted nights where I only got 2 hours sleep, and once I got 0 hours, and both were accurate. Just really bad nights.:eek2:

Blimey! Well I always thought I was a rubbish sleeper, but i’m not so sure after hearing about your lack of sleep! I too get very restless when awake, so i’m pretty sure my readings are accurate. And last night it showed a total awake time of 1hr 51mins, which sounds about right from when I remember being disturbed. My husband always says i’m rubbish at pretending i’m asleep as I fidget, but when I really AM asleep, I literally don’t move!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results