shape
carat
color
clarity

Am I crazy? Is there such a thing as too big?!

nikkirawks

Rough_Rock
Hello all! I have been wearing my gorgeous e-ring for 4 months now and initially I thought it was big but that I would grow accustomed to it. Call me crazy but after all this time I still feel a little self-conscious wearing it to work or certainly when working with my charity orgs and usually opt to just wear my band. I feel terrible about it because it is my dream ring (see my older post) so maybe I am just looking for some reassurance, but truthfully I think highly of this forum and do believe you’ll all give me your honest opinions.

If it matters I’m a size 4 and my ring is 11mm across. Thanks!

Up close
3FE673C3-2854-4178-A3DC-60D50EFA1472.jpeg

Perspective
8A1DA1D2-A4BC-4BDF-8F0E-E1F39DDD026B.jpeg

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s stunning, wear it with pride.
I can understand why you may not to wear it to any charity work (I also only wore my diamond wedding band and left the big diamond engagement ring, my Rolex, diamond earrings etc etc at home when I was doing charity, school help) But to work I wore everything all the time.
Why have pretty things if you don’t enjoy them.
These days I’m walking the dog in $10 gym pants while wearing 10 carat plus diamonds ha ha! Though maybe people assume they are CZ!

AV_

Ideal_Rock
It hasn't occured to me to change feathers - the stuff breaks the ice in the right way, else people do not ask for anything. This might be a local idiosyncrazy - couldn't know...

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s lovely, and definitely not too big. If there are environments or occasions where you don’t think it appropriate to wear, then don’t, othervwise be out and proud with it :D

nikkirawks

Rough_Rock
I can understand why you may not to wear it to any charity work (I also only wore my diamond wedding band and left the big diamond engagement ring, my Rolex, diamond earrings etc etc at home when I was doing charity, school help) But to work I wore everything all the time.
These days I’m walking the dog in $10 gym pants while wearing 10 carat plus diamonds ha ha! Though maybe people assume they are CZ!

Thank you for the reassurance!

nikkirawks

Rough_Rock

I think people think it’s a cz at times too but whatcha gonna do? 1.65cts on a size four can look huge! I guess it has less chance of being stolen? Lol! Thanks for the reply. Felling better already :)

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
For my personal taste and this is strictly for jewellery I wear on my own body. Yes there is too big. For my own jewellery that I get a say in, I prefer not to go above 1.5 to 2 carat equivalents depending on the shape since some face up smaller. It just doesn't look as nice on me as i always thought it would and I'm a 6.5.

HOWEVER this is not my opinion about other peoples stuff! Your ring is gorgeous and looks perfect on you. I love the emeralds so much!! Absolutely please wear it more!! It's so beautiful and deserves to be worn! :kiss2: Try giving it more time wearing it. It might just be taking you more time to get used to it is all.
But if a couple years go by and you are still uncomfortable maybe do some kind of reset to something a bit more to your liking that you do feel comfortable wearing. Maybe you would prefer it without the halo after all. Or maybe you just might need a smaller centre and keep the gorgeous halo. Or maybe something else entirely. But I really think if you give it some extra time you will start to feel more comfortable with it and remember why it's your dream ring in the first place. It really is stunning! Wear it!!
:D

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
From a guy's POV I don't care much about the size of a woman's diamonds. Some can rock a 7 carat ring and others can't pull off a 1 carat. It comes down to the attitude, personality and confidence (without being cocky or snobby) of the woman wearing the jewelry.

Truly, the woman defines the woman, not the jewelry the woman is wearing.

I am a big advocate for having different pieces to wear based on your surroundings. Mainly as security measures. When traveling to foreign countries, or even domestic areas where you are uncertain of your surroundings it's always smart to blend and not become a target of opportunity.

Also, I might add -- consider your peers when asking for advice. If diamonds were a drug, PS is like a crack house full of addicts strolling around with needles hanging half way out of their arms telling you there is no such thing as too high. :lol:

Of course, I mean this with love as there are smart people here too but we are all a little biased. ;)2

nikkirawks

Rough_Rock
From a guy's POV I don't care much about the size of a woman's diamonds. Some can rock a 7 carat ring and others can't pull off a 1 carat. It comes down to the attitude, personality and confidence (without being cocky or snobby) of the woman wearing the jewelry.

Truly, the woman defines the woman, not the jewelry the woman is wearing.

I am a big advocate for having different pieces to wear based on your surroundings. Mainly as security measures. When traveling to foreign countries, or even domestic areas where you are uncertain of your surroundings it's always smart to blend and not become a target of opportunity.

Also, I might add -- consider your peers when asking for advice. If diamonds were a drug, PS is like a crack house full of addicts strolling around with needles hanging half way out of their arms telling you there is no such thing as too high. :lol:

Of course, I mean this with love as there are smart people here too but we are all a little biased. ;)2

Hahah you’re so right! And working downtown I always spin it around so the face of my ring is against my palm. All great advice. Thanks!

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would give it more time. 4 months is still early to get used to a large piece. Did you have large rings before this ER? Was there a specific reason you wanted a big look?

FWIW, many married women at my job wear just WB to work. This usually happens a few years down the line not in 4 months.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the size looks great! And to me the emerald halo makes the over all look less flashy and more vintage, like it could be a family heirloom. :)

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello all! I have been wearing my gorgeous e-ring for 4 months now and initially I thought it was big but that I would grow accustomed to it. Call me crazy but after all this time I still feel a little self-conscious wearing it to work or certainly when working with my charity orgs and usually opt to just wear my band. I feel terrible about it because it is my dream ring (see my older post) so maybe I am just looking for some reassurance, but truthfully I think highly of this forum and do believe you’ll all give me your honest opinions.

If it matters I’m a size 4 and my ring is 11mm across. Thanks!

Up close
3FE673C3-2854-4178-A3DC-60D50EFA1472.jpeg

Perspective
8A1DA1D2-A4BC-4BDF-8F0E-E1F39DDD026B.jpeg

I think your set looks FAB! Rock it.

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it looks fantastic. BTW - I definitely do NOT wear my diamonds while doing charity work bc it just feel gross to ME. everywhere else I pretty much never take off: studs, er, wb, tennis, pendant!
LOVE your ring.

clcat120

Shiny_Rock
Trade
It is beautiful. Love the touch of green on your finger. It is an engagement ring, and embrace the love!
There are plenty of women working in Non-For-Profits that have gorgeous rings or other bespoken jewelry pieces!

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@sledge You’re the best! :lol::lol::lol:

Sorry for my distraction OP! Lol! Your ring is gorgeous and yes large, but in a tasteful and very beautiful and elegant way. It’s lovey as are you!

metall

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I think your ring looks fabulous! I love the edge to edge coverage you get!

kmoro

Brilliant_Rock
I think your ring is gorgeous! Yes please rock the rock! lol

Also, yeah, that question is a rather rhetorical “no” on Pricescope!

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Your ring is large, but in chic and elegant way. I personally wouldn’t wear it while volunteering, but I’d say the same thing about a half carat soli. I’d wear it with pride the rest of the time though!

Matilda

Shiny_Rock
While volunteering I can understand going "naked". In other circumstances I'd wear it. It's not the easy way out but I would challenge yourself to care less about what other people think, or what you ASSUME they are thinking. Often people are too self absorbed to seriously notice others around them. It is liberating to let go of changing yourself to please others , or to not rock the boat. It would be sad if your self conscious attitude extended to other areas of your life, not just your ring.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s a ring. Most people don’t notice or care. We at PS are a select few. But I guarantee you that no one else even realizes that you are wearing it. Wear it and enjoy it! Wear it in good health!

nikkirawks

Rough_Rock
Thank you all so much for the very thoughtful and supportive cheers on my ring! I will just get over myself and wear it with pride (and go naked on charity days) I always did love a bit a nudity :lol-2:

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it is perhaps the style of the ring that draws attention more than the size. It is beautiful, unique and different than most wedding rings so it is going to get attention.

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium

@sledge wins the internet today.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results