shape
carat
color
clarity

Advice on which marquise to buy for e-ring

BSP2019

Rough_Rock
Hi all, I am looking for a warmer marquise to set in rose gold for an e-ring. Minimal bow tie is important to me. I found 3 options that I think look great but I'm not sure which one is the best. My budget is $2000ish for the diamond + ring so I thought these were all solid options. Just want to be sure I'm not missing something as I am no expert! Any advice or thoughts would be very appreciated! :)

One:
https://www.fourmine.com/shop/finalring?ring=28885&diamond=196204301

Or two:
https://parcelandstone.com/diamond/...183126-90?utm_source=rarecarat&utm_medium=cpc

Or three:
https://parcelandstone.com/diamond/...No-998046?utm_source=rarecarat&utm_medium=cpc

Last edited:

KKJohnson

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I can’t get the first one to load, I like #3 but Can’t tell how well it preforms without video

Starfacet

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love #3!!

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
You will want to see the diamond SET before determining if there will be a bow tie.
Marquise is a very shallow cut. Every marquise I have bought loose looked different once it was set. Simply put, a loose stone with no bowtie does not mean you will not see one once the metal from the setting is right under the base of the stone.

BSP2019

Rough_Rock
And one more question- claw and v tip prongs or just small regular prongs like the one in the picture? Idk if I get the option but wondering if one is clearly better than the other stability-wise or is it just aesthetics.

BSP2019

Rough_Rock
Ohh okay. That's very helpful, thank you. Both of these vendors have fantastic return policies so I might just make the jump and see.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really like 3! Don't care for 1 because it looks like it has a prominent bowtie. Couldn't get the four mine one to load, but in the pic that was posted I don't like it as much as 3.

molecule

Brilliant_Rock
#3 is a sample image
#2 does show the stone face on
#1 has a large bowtie

Can you wait a couple days before ordering for some PSers to glance through?
Quite honestly, I wouldn't go so low in color- with marquise in particular as the color concentrates in the points.

BSP2019

Rough_Rock
I believe 3 is the actual stone

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
couldnt get 1 or 2 to load and like molecule said 3 is a sample image

BSP2019

Rough_Rock
I can def wait a few days. But I like that I can get a larger/ better cut stone in a lower color since I am partial to warm stones anyway! :) thanks for your advice

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium
weird, #3 says it's a sample image, so I'd inquire.

Personally, I love the look of a bezeled marquise. It protects the tips from chipping too :)

BSP2019

Rough_Rock
Oh I see, you're totally right about it being a sample. Man! I thought that looked amazing to be so low in color. :lol:

BSP2019

Rough_Rock

Thanks so much for these! So are the GIA reports not as important for marquise cuts? The ones I originally found had at least VG symmetry, and in other categories were excellent. Some of these are "good" yet look very crisp. Confusing. Maybe I was relying too much on the reports.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
#3 is a sample image
#2 does show the stone face on
#1 has a large bowtie

Can you wait a couple days before ordering for some PSers to glance through?
Quite honestly, I wouldn't go so low in color- with marquise in particular as the color concentrates in the points.

GRRRR I didn't notice that 3 was a sample image. Whoops!

KKJohnson

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I didn’t notice it was a sample image either :(

molecule

Brilliant_Rock
I tried looking on a couple other sites but only found this one with video
https://www.yadavjewelry.com/diamond/3251817

So are the GIA reports not as important for marquise cuts?
The amount of videos was already quite limited, so I tossed everything out the window other than movement of the diamond since you said you said you were not particularly color nor clarity sensitive.

Some might disagree but I didn't focus too much on lab that graded the diamonds either due to the decreased availability.

KKJohnson

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Out of the videos I think I’m going to still stand with #3, it looks like a really nice diamond. I can’t see any mush, bow tie is negligible, the body color is leaning towards brown and the color is evenly distributed. Hopefully when you get it mounted the bow tie is a light one instead of dark, I know the settings can effect them but the diamond unmounted is attractive

58327312-B0DC-4863-A805-687501254D17.jpeg

BSP2019

Rough_Rock
Out of the videos I think I’m going to still stand with #3, it looks like a really nice diamond. I can’t see any mush, bow tie is negligible, the body color is leaning towards brown and the color is evenly distributed. Hopefully when you get it mounted the bow tie is a light one instead of dark, I know the settings can effect them but the diamond unmounted is attractive

58327312-B0DC-4863-A805-687501254D17.jpeg

Thanks so much! I appreciate the help.

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can’t wait to see yours!!

KKJohnson

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
When is it coming in? I’m excited to see it!!!

BSP2019

Rough_Rock
When is it coming in? I’m excited to see it!!!

Me too!!! It should be in by the first week of October. Hopefully sooner. :D

I chose a rose gold solitaire setting with claw prongs and can't wait to see what it looks like! I'm hoping the rose will complement the slight brown undertone. But because it's a J I'm thinking the undertone should be pretty light right?

KKJohnson

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Th photo didn’t look light, it has some color but I think the rose gold will compliment it very well. @Starfacet has a beautiful diamond I saw in person that has some brown undertones set in rose gold, maybe she will post a photo for you!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results