shape
carat
color
clarity

Advice on matching band

Bloempje

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone,
I would love some advice on a matching band to go with my ring below.
I would like it to be substantial enough to wear on its own, but still match my ring.
Any suggestions are welcome!
Thanks! :kiss2:

Matching band.jpg

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone,
I would love some advice on a matching band to go with my ring below.
I would like it to be substantial enough to wear on its own, but still match my ring.
Any suggestions are welcome!
Thanks! :kiss2:

Matching band.jpg

Beautiful ring! Please post more pictures including profile shots. Please tell us more about the ring like the width of the band etc. Where did you get it from and do they have any options? Please tell us more about what you want. Do you want pavé, engraved, curved, matched, mismatched?

Thanks. =)2

Bloempje

Rough_Rock
Beautiful ring! Please post more pictures including profile shots. Please tell us more about the ring like the width of the band etc. Where did you get it from and do they have any options? Please tell us more about what you want. Do you want pavé, engraved, curved, matched, mismatched?

Thanks =)2

Thank you very much! Uhm, center stone is 2.24 ct, double halo is 0.7 (I believe).
The width of the band is quite small, so I guess it's 1 mm. I had it custom made.
I have a big emerald cut eternity (6 ct), but I'm not happy with it - not enough bling, so I'm have it redone (earrings).

I like bling, I don't want it to be too thin (not as thin as the band of this one)...

Please excuse my cold weird looking hand in the last picture :oops2:

Cartier.jpg Profile I.jpg Profile II.jpg

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, beautiful ring! Really beautiful.

I see you wear gold on your wrists. Do you want mixed metals? Like would you consider a gold band? Personally I'm not sure what I think of that, I think a platinum based band would look lovely, but I've seen a lot of mixed metal sets and they do work!

Do you want one ring or would you consider swapping it out with more than one?

You have a doughnut on your ring, so you're not going to get a flush set unless you get a band custom made with a curve in it to go around that doughnut. That means you're going to end up with a skin-gap - what do you think about that?

In regards to thickness, you have a split shank. 1mm for a pavé band I think is really too thin. I think you would be wise to perhaps go to a shop and try various bands on and see what you think of different sizes etc. Also have a think about how you feel about curved bands etc, especially if you're ever going to wear the band by itself.

Would you consider going back to the maker of the ring and seeing what they might offer?

There are some really nice inspiration threads on this forum, have you looked at any of them?

Here are a couple of examples:

Mismatched wedding bands
Wedding sets for haloes

Bloempje

Rough_Rock
Wow, beautiful ring! Really beautiful.

I see you wear gold on your wrists. Do you want mixed metals? Like would you consider a gold band? Personally I'm not sure what I think of that, I think a platinum based band would look lovely, but I've seen a lot of mixed metal sets and they do work!

Do you want one ring or would you consider swapping it out with more than one?

You have a doughnut on your ring, so you're not going to get a flush set unless you get a band custom made with a curve in it to go around that doughnut. That means you're going to end up with a skin-gap - what do you think about that?

In regards to thickness, you have a split shank. 1mm for a pavé band I think is really too thin. I think you would be wise to perhaps go to a shop and try various bands on and see what you think of different sizes etc. Also have a think about how you feel about curved bands etc, especially if you're ever going to wear the band by itself.

Would you consider going back to the maker of the ring and seeing what they might offer?

There are some really nice inspiration threads on this forum, have you looked at any of them?

Here are a couple of examples:

Mismatched wedding bands
Wedding sets for haloes

=)2 I'm sure I want it in platinum. I do not mind a good gap!
I have contacted the jeweler who did the other ring and will visit him this weekend! :lol:
I have a couple of small stacking bands, but they're not substantial enough to wear alone.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results