shape
carat
color
clarity

Advice on matching band?

Bloempje

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone,
I would love some advice on a matching band to go with my ring below.
I would like it to be substantial enough to wear on its own, but still match my ring.
Any suggestions are welcome!
Thanks! :kiss2:

Matching band.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you want to be able to wear the band on the same finger as your ER or are you planning on wearing it on another finger?

Your ER is beautiful and if you want to wear a band with it on the same finger I would choose a thin band so as not to take away from your gorgeous and substantial ER.

If you are planning on wearing it on the opposite hand then a more substantial WB would work. You could do a diamond band to match the shank of your ER.

Otherwise if you plan on wearing it on the same finger I would choose a thin (match the width of your ER shank) band either an engraved or a simple platinum band.

Bloempje

Rough_Rock
Do you want to be able to wear the band on the same finger as your ER or are you planning on wearing it on another finger?

Your ER is beautiful and if you want to wear a band with it on the same finger I would choose a thin band so as not to take away from your gorgeous and substantial ER.

If you are planning on wearing it on the opposite hand then a more substantial WB would work. You could do a diamond band to match the shank of your ER.

Otherwise if you plan on wearing it on the same finger I would choose a thin (match the width of your ER shank) band either an engraved or a simple platinum band.

Thanks, Missy! I like to change things up, so I would like to be able to wear it both ways: on the same finger as well as on my right hand. =)2
I have a couple of thin stacking band, but they're not "substantial" enough. Maybe a 2.5 mm could do both?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, Missy! I like to change things up, so I would like to be able to wear it both ways: on the same finger as well as on my right hand. =)2
I have a couple of thin stacking band, but they're not "substantial" enough. Maybe a 2.5 mm could do both?

It depends. To my eye the most pleasing combo is one that matches in width and height.

bubbalahand2bandsdiningroom.jpg

Here's one of the ways I wear my ER. I have a number of bands that I mix and match.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here are almost all my bands. I do not wear it this way but just to illustrate how you can have a number of bands and mix and match according to your mood that day and the temps too if your finger size fluctuates with the cold and heat as mine does.

bubbalahandbandsandfrancesca.jpg.png

You can see that most of my bands are similar in width and height and I feel that is aesthetically pleasing (to my eye).

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You could opt for an engraved band by Victor Canera in the same height and width. You have a gorgeous engagement ring

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That band has pave on three sides. Gorgeous, but it might damage your e-ring.

carbonfan

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
0541E3FB-246D-443E-A628-5060C96E29C5.jpeg 4D5D960C-9F39-47D0-A4FB-CB4143DBDD4A.jpeg
This is the band I had in mind. Might give a nice contrast next to the diamonds in your ring

I second this suggestion! I have one of Victor's engraved bands and not only is the engraving just out of this world, but it is one of the most versatile bands I own! You could still get a blingier right-hand eternity band at some point later if you want to, but I would keep the band with your e-ring a bit simpler so as not to compete with your gorgeous e-ring. Just my two cents' though!

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I know you wanted a band that will stand on its own, but I would recommend a band that is the same thickness as the band on your ring and have the diamonds be no bigger than the diamonds in your halo.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results