shape
carat
color
clarity

Advice on Yvonne Pendant design

sapphiremomma

Shiny_Rock
Premium
B180BA2C-ADB7-46A4-98C7-B313B943BE22.png 22DDB930-0454-4FCD-8ECE-27AAAC99CC31.png 378E8985-6B7D-4923-A499-79CC704F0C01.png Hi there!! I got a gorgeous paraiba and emerald from a lovely PSer a few months ago. Since they are originally from Yvonne she is going to set them into a pendant. Tourmaline is mine and my oldest son’s birthstone and emerald is my youngest son. I added in a small purple garnet to represent my husbands birthstone. I LOVE the color combo.

She recommends connecting two of them directly and having the other connected with a ring. She says if they are all connected by rings it would flip more. Here were her thoughts. Which one do you like best and do you have any other suggestions? The stones are little - the garnet is 3.5mm to give you an idea. It will be set in white gold. I originally wanted bezels but she says the princess paraiba would be too fragile to do that. So she is suggesting all prong set.

Thank you for your advice!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
76590528-0D30-4244-8B7F-EE7545EC56DB.jpeg What if.....
It’s more of a cluster?

sapphiremomma

Shiny_Rock
Premium
@Niel - where would you put the bail?

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’d maybe do it on the corner of the emerald?

sapphiremomma

Shiny_Rock
Premium
That makes sense! It’s mt first custom piece so I feel very out of my league!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That makes sense! It’s mt first custom piece so I feel very out of my league!
If you like the idea send it to Yvonne she might have ideas !

sapphiremomma

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Already sent it!!!

sapphiremomma

Shiny_Rock
Premium
@Niel I heard back from Yvonne -

Pretty. But I'm not understanding the mechanics. Are these representing three connected prong settings? So there are some bars underneath? And would the resulting prong setting not look awkward?

Thoughts?

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the top suggestion the most (tourmaline, purple garnet, then paraiba). I’d keep the paraiba and the purple garnet connected, if that makes sense.

Something like this perhaps (please forgive my really terrible drawing skills).

8BE3AED8-BCD3-4ECE-8DD5-B36D17AC51AD.jpeg

Edited to add this pendant, which is what I was trying to draw. :shock:
236D12C0-FF22-4D22-B6D9-30950E845212.jpeg

Last edited:

sapphiremomma

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I like the top suggestion the most (tourmaline, purple garnet, then paraiba). I’d keep the paraiba and the purple garnet connected, if that makes sense.

Something like this perhaps (please forgive my really terrible drawing skills).

8BE3AED8-BCD3-4ECE-8DD5-B36D17AC51AD.jpeg

Edited to add this pendant, which is what I was trying to draw. :shock:
236D12C0-FF22-4D22-B6D9-30950E845212.jpeg

That would be soooo pretty! But I am really trying to avoid paying a CAD fee and I just bet she would charge me one for that since I’m sure it would have to be modified :(

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That would be soooo pretty! But I am really trying to avoid paying a CAD fee and I just bet she would charge me one for that since I’m sure it would have to be modified :(

I hear ya, CAD fees are no fun! :snooty:

What are you thinking of doing? Grouping them all together like your lower pics or just having them set/ connected into a dangly pendant?

sapphiremomma

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Well I think they are prob just going to be prong set. If we went with just the three in a row design, I believed the garnet and paraiba would both be prong set and soldered together. And the emerald would be on top with with one of those small rings in between. But I really like @Niel’s idea of a cluster if Yvonne can make it work. But she doesn’t seem as comfortable with it as of now. I’m just afraid with the three in a row design I might be bothered that two are connected directly and one isn’t.

voce

Ideal_Rock
I doubt that so many stones as in Jpie's design would be doable without CAD.

Here's my idea. Have her make sliders and hang the gemstones at different lengths so they wouldn't knock against one another.

Submitting my bad sketch with inaccurate colors (because I'm still at work and don't have the right color highlighters).
IMG_20190220_165516540_HDR.jpg

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium

leslie1956

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love those stones for your pendant, so pretty! I have a pendant from Yvonne where the top stone dangles and the middle stone is soldered to the bottom stone which is a baguette. In my pendant, the top stone is a pale pink diamond set in a rose gold bezel that hangs free and the blue sapphire is soldered to the pink/purple sapphire baguette.

il_570xN.957402766_q2ya.jpg

sapphiremomma

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I love those stones for your pendant, so pretty! I have a pendant from Yvonne where the top stone dangles and the middle stone is soldered to the bottom stone which is a baguette. In my pendant, the top stone is a pale pink diamond set in a rose gold bezel that hangs free and the blue sapphire is soldered to the pink/purple sapphire baguette.

il_570xN.957402766_q2ya.jpg

That looks really pretty!! Thank you for helping me visualize it!!

leslie1956

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That looks really pretty!! Thank you for helping me visualize it!!
You're welcome :) Luckily I had pictures of this pendant close at hand. For the record, my pendant was done without CAD.

sapphiremomma

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I doubt that so many stones as in Jpie's design would be doable without CAD.

Here's my idea. Have her make sliders and hang the gemstones at different lengths so they wouldn't knock against one another.

Submitting my bad sketch with inaccurate colors (because I'm still at work and don't have the right color highlighters).
IMG_20190220_165516540_HDR.jpg

That’s an interesting idea!!!! Then I guess they could be used as individual pendants too. Still think I am leaning towards a cluster or the original idea Yvonne had. She is probably annoyed with all my questions in something that was supposed to be simple lol

voce

Ideal_Rock
That’s an interesting idea!!!! Then I guess they could be used as individual pendants too. Still think I am leaning towards a cluster or the original idea Yvonne had. She is probably annoyed with all my questions in something that was supposed to be simple lol
Don't worry about it. Yvonne is probably more patient than you think, and she doesn't stroke me as the type of person to get easily annoyed. I inquired without purchasing anything three times before I started my first project with her, and she was as curteous and prompt with responses every time. Just ask Leslie; she's worked with Yvonne since 2011 :mrgreen2:.

leslie1956

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Don't worry about it. Yvonne is probably more patient than you think, and she doesn't stroke me as the type of person to get easily annoyed. I inquired without purchasing anything three times before I started my first project with her, and she was as curteous and prompt with responses every time. Just ask Leslie; she's worked with Yvonne since 2011 :mrgreen2:.

Voce is correct :) Yvonne is an incredibly kind and patient individual, asking perfectly reasonable questions about your project will not annoy her. Her personality has played a significant role in her success, I think :)

sapphiremomma

Shiny_Rock
Premium
If you go for the cluster, I would consider adding another tourmaline so you and your eldest each are represented with your own stone :)

I actually just messaged her about putting a small pink tourmaline on the other side opposite the garnet and possible doing a light bezel on both the round stones so it wasn’t prong overload. We will see what she says!

sapphiremomma

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Update - she doesn’t seem to want to do a cluster and just wants to stick with the original plan. I guess I don’t have a choice at this point. She seems set on doing a drop style. Because that is what we originally planned she already has the settings and doesn’t think they will look right in a cluster form. Oh well. I’m a bit disappointed as I thought the cluster was really cool

Hivona

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I don’t have any ideas to contribute but just wanted to suggest Madly Gems on Instagram for ideas and inspiration for cluster jewelry. They seem to have a knack for combining various colors and shapes into beautiful jewelry.

voce

Ideal_Rock
The first one looks best to me.:geek2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results