shape
carat
color
clarity

A sapphire halo ring

ordinaryrainbow

Shiny_Rock
Hi there. Posting some pictures of my sapphire ring in a new thread, as has been requested by a few PS'ers.
I must admit, I am nervous to post. My sapphire, although beautiful to me, is likely not PS standard (being darker than what I see often shown here, without silk, and with extinction). But, she is very special to me: my husband suggested we buy a significant piece of jewellery during my first pregnancy, which was tough on me, and this is what we decided on. I will forever associate this stone with my beautiful daughter, and I hope that she will love it one day as much as I do.

The sapphire is difficult to photograph. When she darkens in low light, she goes a beautiful deep royal blue colour with a hint of violet. Unfortunately this colour doesn't show in photographs and she will photograph almost black in poor indoor light.

I've taken these photos with my Canon in a range of different lighting conditions, on a sunny day and on a cloudy day, inside near a window and outside.
IMG_1830.JPG IMG_1928.JPG IMG_1770.JPG IMG_1781.JPG IMG_1833.JPG IMG_1858.JPG

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    66 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_1927.JPG
    IMG_1927.JPG
    112.7 KB · Views: 22
  • image.png
    image.png
    84.3 KB · Views: 21

Kevin Bryant

Rough_Rock
Trade
All sapphires are a pain to get a great photo of I literally took 400 pictures today of 5 different sapphires I am listing I only have 15 more to go, Your sapphire has amazing color, dont worry about others standers its clear you love it and its got some great color thanks for sharing

ordinaryrainbow

Shiny_Rock
All sapphires are a pain to get a great photo of I literally took 400 pictures today of 5 different sapphires I am listing I only have 15 more to go, Your sapphire has amazing color, dont worry about others standers its clear you love it and its got some great color thanks for sharing

Thank you!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
People post blue sapphires here in all kinds of colors, and I don’t know of a PS standard in sapphire. :confused: I’ve posted mine and they’re far from trade ideal, but the important thing is to post them. It’s a beautiful ring and stone, and I’m glad you posted it!!

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats on the pretty ring and the precious daughter =)

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Your ring is beautiful and I love that you will give to your daughter someday and that is very special and meaningful. This is part of why I love jewelry!

crystalinmke

Shiny_Rock
Premium
hey dont worry, we love sapphires of all colors! i like grassy green sapphires with yellow in them which i have seen considered as "not ideal" here but i still adore the color and am on the hunt for one. your ring is beautiful and congrats on your growing family. i'm sure your daughter will adore this future heirloom.

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your sapphire is very beautiful.
Certainly some colors and hues are more “trade ideal” but everyone loves what they love and that means differences thank goodness.
Neither my aquamarine (too green) nor my emerald (too pale) are top trade colour but they are MY top color and that’s what matters to me.

ordinaryrainbow

Shiny_Rock
Thank you everyone for your kind words!

I get very sentimental about jewellery, and I love that this reminds me so much of my daughter.

The nail art is a little old now! Haha :D

natasha-cupcake

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I think it's a very pretty ring and it's completely understandable that you are proud of it. Enjoy your gorgeous ring and your gorgeous daughter. Thank you for posting. I love to look at gemstones that are trade ideal/top color, but I cannot afford them. There are many truly beautiful gemstones out there that aren't trade ideal and it makes perfect sense to love them as beautiful affordable gemstones in their own right. I own a few myself.

eapj

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@ordinaryrainbow - your ring is beautiful! I love colored stones because there are so many varieties and something for everyone. I don't have the funds for trade ideal and thankfully I love what I can afford. Enjoy your lovely ring!

mpc

Rough_Rock
It’s beautiful and love the blue color! What a special story behind it too. It makes jewelry much more meaningful, enjoy!

Rad_Fan

Ideal_Rock
It's so saturated and I cannot see much windowing or zoning. I can understand that you would want to staring at it! Magical when the right light hits the facets!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
BEAUTIFUL color!!

ordinaryrainbow

Shiny_Rock
Everyone's comments are so kind - thank you so much. I will always love this ring regardless because of it's meaning to me, but to have you all take time to chime in and say such nice things is so lovely. Thank you again.

MamaBess

Rough_Rock
I think you did a fine job of photographing the ring! I also have to say, It is a beauty! Your daughter will be very pleased to wear it one day.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's a really pretty sapphire not too dark at all, I like blue sapphires in a range of colours from dark but vivid blues all the way down to paler ones.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful blue! I love how the diamonds make the sapphire pop!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results