shape
carat
color
clarity

A Sea Green Aquamarine

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
In a recent thread @Bron357 explained why green/blue was her much preferred color for aquamarine, and that she'd had to wait 15 years to find the right one. The photos of her fabulous Aqua will knock your socks off. WWW

DW has been less than thrilled with all the light blue aquas we have seen but, unbeknownst to her, I added a green one to her bucket list. ;-) I thought my search was going to be a long one, but guess what...yesterday we walked into a Palm Desert consignment store and this little beauty cried out "Hey Peter, I'm over here"

Aquamarine Ring 23 cts 2 (2).jpg
23 Cts of sea green gorgeousness, with a very nice diamond halo. DW fell in love at first sight, score! It fits perfectly on her middle finger, double score!

Aquamarine Ring 23 cts 7 (2).jpg
The stone does have a long, very narrow window face on, but it seems to add to its charm. Tilting the ring produces mesmerizing variations in shade. DW's first inclination was to convert the ring to an E-W hanging pendant, but decided, for the time being, to see if she could get used to wearing such a humongous ring. She wore it all day today and found it very comfortable, I suspect it's going to stay just as it is. =)2

Thanks to Bron for yet another very informative post, without that I wouldn't even have known there was such a thing as a sea green aqua!

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Holy moly that's beautiful! You found that in a consignment shop?! Ugh, they have nothing like that in the ones here...

sapphiremomma

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Omg that is one amazing ring! Love that color!!!!!

Reactions: prs

lmyracle

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Wow, that's really unique and pretty!

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
63983C57-5CA5-47B7-816A-FF71A433CC3A.jpeg No worries!
My preference has always been for the green blue ones because to me, they look more like the ocean.
The popular Santa Maria colour, to me, is too similar to Blue Topaz.
Mrs PRS ring is a stunner - excellent shopping there.
It’s a great, big and unusual shape (who wants what everyone else has!)
You could also get it converted to a “ring- dant” that’s a setting that can be either worn as a ring, or unclipped and worn as a pendant.
Twice the fun!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOVE this!

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Holy moly that's beautiful! You found that in a consignment shop?! Ugh, they have nothing like that in the ones here...
My secret is out, the Palm Springs, Rancho Mirage, Palm Desert corridor along CA-111 must be the Mecca of consignment stores! It's like there's one on every corner! :wink2: THEY ARE mostly higher end furniture and art, but there are a few that are Estate and Consignment jewelry only, and a couple that are both high end art/furniture and fine jewelry. Prices are definitely lower than B&M retail, but usually a little higher than wholesale.

Not quite sure why so many consignment stores, but the area is home to a very high proportion of retirees. Also the wonderful high season winter months are followed by unbearably hot summer months, so home turnover is quite high.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awesome stunner of a statement ring!

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the tip, @prs !

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
1D32EC81-4230-46FE-9381-D09C87136FA7.jpeg

What a beauty! I love, love, love that greenish blue aqua and the halo just makes the whole thing pop even more. Your wife is one lucky gal. :kiss2:

ETA: personally, I think it looks great on her. She can definitely pull it off.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
In a recent thread @Bron357 explained why green/blue was her much preferred color for aquamarine, and that she'd had to wait 15 years to find the right one. The photos of her fabulous Aqua will knock your socks off. WWW

DW has been less than thrilled with all the light blue aquas we have seen but, unbeknownst to her, I added a green one to her bucket list. ;-) I thought my search was going to be a long one, but guess what...yesterday we walked into a Palm Desert consignment store and this little beauty cried out "Hey Peter, I'm over here"

23 Cts of sea green gorgeousness, with a very nice diamond halo. DW fell in love at first sight, score! It fits perfectly on her middle finger, double score!

The stone does have a long, very narrow window face on, but it seems to add to its charm. Tilting the ring produces mesmerizing variations in shade. DW's first inclination was to convert the ring to an E-W hanging pendant, but decided, for the time being, to see if she could get used to wearing such a humongous ring. She wore it all day today and found it very comfortable, I suspect it's going to stay just as it is. =)2

Thanks to Bron for yet another very informative post, without that I wouldn't even have known there was such a thing as a sea green aqua!

LOVE your DW's sea green aqua. Mesmerizingly beautiful. Like looking deep into the ocean. Sea greenlicious and aqualicious. :kiss2:

And I am in love with that shape and setting. Uniquely gorgeous and suits her hand so well. LOVE!!!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely stone and ring, thanks for sharing. :love:
I too prefer green tint in Aquas, and like them pale myself.
DK :))

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So beautiful! I too love the blue/green aquas. The shape and size is just WOW!

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
63983C57-5CA5-47B7-816A-FF71A433CC3A.jpeg No worries!
My preference has always been for the green blue ones because to me, they look more like the ocean.
The popular Santa Maria colour, to me, is too similar to Blue Topaz.
Mrs PRS ring is a stunner - excellent shopping there.
It’s a great, big and unusual shape (who wants what everyone else has!)
You could also get it converted to a “ring- dant” that’s a setting that can be either worn as a ring, or unclipped and worn as a pendant.
Twice the fun!
Great idea Bron, thank you!

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you everyone for your kind words!

The ring measures 32x15 mm. I would never have considered designing a ring this long, but DW has worn it every day and finds it very comfortable. Who would have thunk it? :D

AV_

Ideal_Rock
Do you wear any stone?

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I love how the both of you collect and keep finding statement pieces :)

Looking forward to seeing the next whopper!

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Do you wear any stone?
Where I grew up in England men who wore jewellery were considered to be sissies. :eek2:

Last edited:

AV_

Ideal_Rock
I might have noticed that royalty & foreigners were exempt.

Oh, just choose one ring to wear... There is only so much a woman can bear with ,)

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@prs can you give DH lessons on becoming enthusiastic about my love for bling?? I excitedly showed him my new opals the other day, and his response was, "yeah. It's irridescent. Like oil on water" when I tried to talk about how unique they were, he said, "just put oil on water....same thing" and was unimpressed.:lol-2:

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@prs can you give DH lessons on becoming enthusiastic about my love for bling?? I excitedly showed him my new opals the other day, and his response was, "yeah. It's irridescent. Like oil on water" when I tried to talk about how unique they were, he said, "just put oil on water....same thing" and was unimpressed.:lol-2:
Your opals are stunningly beautiful, and your DH knows it, he was just trying to have some fun! It's just not in our culture for manly men to have an interest in jewelry. Can you imagine what would happen if your DH got together with his buddies and instead of talking about sports he tried to steer the conversation towards gemstones!!!:eek2:

I was just like every other guy, and had no interest in jewelry until about a year ago. For some unknown reason I decided DW needed a sapphire pendant and while researching I discovered PriceScope. A mutant jewelry gene that lay dormant my entire life suddenly woke up, and here I am. I blame it all on PS!! :lol:

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
Your opals are stunningly beautiful, and your DH knows it, he was just trying to have some fun! It's just not in our culture for manly men to have an interest in jewelry. Can you imagine what would happen if your DH got together with his buddies and instead of talking about sports he tried to steer the conversation towards gemstones!!!:eek2:

I was just like every other guy, and had no interest in jewelry until about a year ago. For some unknown reason I decided DW needed a sapphire pendant and while researching I discovered PriceScope. A mutant jewelry gene that lay dormant my entire life suddenly woke up, and here I am. I blame it all on PS!! :lol:

Is there a way to extract that or help awaken my fiances dormant jewelry gene????

& @lovedogs , your beau is hilarious! Haha
mine is worse and Would pretend like hes listening and say "Preeettyy" very slowly like hes talking to a toddler.....yep...thats my life.
Sweet man though, but bored to tears with gemstones and jewelry.
I had a cat eye aquamarine ring made for him and when i make him wear it he always acts like he's some prince and tries to get me to kiss his ring......that is also my life..haha

& This ring is PERFECT!
This is stunning as a statement ring, the shape elongates her fingers and creates such an elegant display.
Pleaseeeeeee keep it as a ring or at least like Bron said, a convertible!

GardenLady21

Shiny_Rock

Please share the consignment store. My parents live there and I visit often. I just got back yesterday! I head there again in a couple months and I would love to stop in. Bet I could get my mom to go with me. :)

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Please share the consignment store. My parents live there and I visit often. I just got back yesterday! I head there again in a couple months and I would love to stop in. Bet I could get my mom to go with me. :)
We bought the aqua at Emrick Jewels on El Paseo. There are two other stores on El Paseo that deal exclusively in jewelry consignments; Estate Jewelry Collection, and The Exchange. EJC shuts down oat the end of May for three months and is currently having an "end of season" liquidation sale.

El Paseo is the high end shopping district for the entire Coachella Valley so rents are at a premium. The jewelry consignment store prices are certainly better than you usual B&M stores but you have to pick and choose. There are furniture consignment stores scattered along Hwy 111 all the way from the Southern outskirts of Palm Springs thru Rancho Mirage and on to Palm Desert. Many of these stores have fine jewelry Depts, often unadvertised, but obviously their overhead is much lower than the stores on El Paseo. This is where the really great deals are sometimes found, but it takes a bit more effort to find them.

It would seem there is huge turnover in housing stock in that area and the quantity and quality of the furniture and art in these consignment stores will blow your mind. It can be fun looking at all that stuff even if you don't find that special piece of jewelry!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We bought the aqua at Emrick Jewels on El Paseo. There are two other stores on El Paseo that deal exclusively in jewelry consignments; Estate Jewelry Collection, and The Exchange. EJC shuts down oat the end of May for three months and is currently having an "end of season" liquidation sale.

El Paseo is the high end shopping district for the entire Coachella Valley so rents are at a premium. The jewelry consignment store prices are certainly better than you usual B&M stores but you have to pick and choose. There are furniture consignment stores scattered along Hwy 111 all the way from the Southern outskirts of Palm Springs thru Rancho Mirage and on to Palm Desert. Many of these stores have fine jewelry Depts, often unadvertised, but obviously their overhead is much lower than the stores on El Paseo. This is where the really great deals are sometimes found, but it takes a bit more effort to find them.

It would seem there is huge turnover in housing stock in that area and the quantity and quality of the furniture and art in these consignment stores will blow your mind. It can be fun looking at all that stuff even if you don't find that special piece of jewelry!
eeeekkkk I live near there! yay!!!!

GardenLady21

Shiny_Rock

Thank you! I plan on taking my mom and my credit card. :)

chatoyancy

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My husband went into a consignment store there years ago with a friend. He said he saw a 100 carat citrine necklace for $1,000 and he didn’t buy it!!! I still haven’t forgiven him for that.;)2

GardenLady21

Shiny_Rock
Wow. That would be amazing! Somebody somewhere bought it. I wonder if they wear it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results