shape
carat
color
clarity

Scented candles

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
BF''s mum is coming for an extended visit...

So do some of the nicer candle brands (I guess things like Yankee, or whatever at Bath & Body Works,) really perform better than the cheaper ones at discount stores (like Target?) Good thick wick, little soot...

bebe

Ideal_Rock
Well, I think so.

I''ve bought Votivo candles for years, lots of fragrance oils in them.

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
I really don''t think you''d see a difference between a Yankee candle and a nice candle from Target. The soy ones are much better though in that they produce little or no soot so its prettier and healthier.

My favorite candles are the ones from Bath and Body Works and also this brand called "For Every Body" which are pretty inexpensive.

Yankee Candle has a nice watermelon one. Those candles you cant really smell unless you leave the room, come back and you're like- whoa smells good.
I've tried the soy Method ones from target-- they burn VERY clean, but the scent doesn't last much- and they're like $6+ for one.

I'd buy both. :)

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/13/2008 6:16:00 PM
Author:JulieN
BF's mum is coming for an extended visit...

So do some of the nicer candle brands (I guess things like Yankee, or whatever at Bath & Body Works,) really perform better than the cheaper ones at discount stores (like Target?) Good thick wick, little soot...
I love Yankee and have used them for a long time - they smell gorgeous, and burn cleanly if you keep the wick trimmed.

Here is the Yankee website so you can get some ideas.

http://www.yankeecandle.com/cgi-bin/ycbvp/retail.jsp

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I
emlove.gif
Yankee Candles - they burn forever and the scents have good staying power. Some of my favorites are Buttercream, Christmas Cookie, and Clean Linen. I burn them all the time to make the house smell good!

From Target one of my favorite candle scents is Red Currant, but I gotta be honest, unless you're right on top of the candle, you don't smell it.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I like Pacifica.

cheers--Sharon

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
I
30.gif
yankee candles

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You might call me crazy, but I bought a Glade Cinnamon Gingerbread (maybe 5oz?) candle last week at WalMart for $2 and it is actually REALLY potent and I''m as happy with it as any Yankee candle I''ve ever burned. I agree, some of the cheaper candles from Target or Walgreens or wherever aren''t as great. Glade makes really strong-smelling ones though, I promise! I was pleasantly surprised.

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/14/2008 3:15:37 PM
Author: monarch64
You might call me crazy, but I bought a Glade Cinnamon Gingerbread (maybe 5oz?) candle last week at WalMart for $2 and it is actually REALLY potent and I''m as happy with it as any Yankee candle I''ve ever burned. I agree, some of the cheaper candles from Target or Walgreens or wherever aren''t as great. Glade makes really strong-smelling ones though, I promise! I was pleasantly surprised.

Monnie, I just bought the same candle at Walmart but Apple cinnamon and it smells sooo good. I really like it. I usually get Yankee, but didn''t feel like going up to the mall, so I picked that one up and it really does make my house smell wonderful!

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I haven''t tried the Target brand but I am sold lately on the soy candles because I feel they have less unknown "junk" in them. I love Rosegirls candles (lavender basil my favorite, also spa retreat) and also the soy Pacifica candles. Haven''t had a Pacifica candle I didn''t like but it seems like the fruit ones seem less potent than the spicy or floral blends.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
These are the BEST scented candles I''ve ever bought. They last a very long time, and the scents are incredible and just strong enough. (And I have a minor candle obsession, so I''ve tried a lot of candles.)

They''re pretty, too.

bebe

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/14/2008 6:05:37 PM
Author: Haven
These are the BEST scented candles I''ve ever bought. They last a very long time, and the scents are incredible and just strong enough. (And I have a minor candle obsession, so I''ve tried a lot of candles.)

They''re pretty, too.
Have, I agree !! I''ve bought Amber and it''s my fav. And it can be bought at Bath & Body Works.
They are cheaper than the Votivos and larger.

Haven, I bought a candle from Charlotte Moss in NYC - pure yum!

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
YES!!!! Is that emphatic enough!? My favorite candle is archipelago . All of the scents are divine. I have the pineapple ginger downstairs and gardenia in our master bedroom. Some scents just happen to be on sale at Nordstrom right now!

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
Yankee Candles are the best!

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
I think that from a store, White Barn Candles are the best on earth followed by Yankee. They''re simply not the same as stuff I''ve gotten at Walmart or Target. I think there is a difference - I got my grandma one of those wax warmers (thread jack: how do you get the wax OUT of those?! I made the biggest mess last week) and she said that when she got the little "tarts" of wax, none smelled as good as the ones I got her (Yankee).

Ditto that soy candles smell a million times better than their wax counterparts, though. Around here, tons of artisans make ''em and sell them at farmer''s markets and craft fairs. I think they can go toe to toe with Yankee any day.

bebe

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/14/2008 7:53:48 PM
Author: Miranda
YES!!!! Is that emphatic enough!? My favorite candle is archipelago . All of the scents are divine. I have the pineapple ginger downstairs and gardenia in our master bedroom. Some scents just happen to be on sale at Nordstrom right now!
Miranda, that pineapple ginger scent is my DD''s favorite. I like it, very clean and crisp.

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/14/2008 3:01:06 PM
Author: FireGoddess
I
emlove.gif
Yankee Candles - they burn forever and the scents have good staying power. Some of my favorites are Buttercream, Christmas Cookie, and Clean Linen. I burn them all the time to make the house smell good!

Those are my favourites too, FG!!! You have excellent taste.
9.gif

Lorelei, do you have Yankee Candle here in the UK? I need to find a local store if they exist here! Love them!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/16/2008 5:22:46 AM
Author: gwendolyn

I
emlove.gif

9.gif

Lorelei, do you have Yankee Candle here in the UK? I need to find a local store if they exist here! Love them!

Yes I can get them, also you can order them online Gwennie from Yankee directly - here is the UK website

http://www.yankeecandle.co.uk/

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/16/2008 5:54:25 AM
Author: Lorelei
Date: 11/16/2008 5:22:46 AM

Author: gwendolyn

I
emlove.gif

9.gif

Yes I can get them, also you can order them online Gwennie from Yankee directly - here is the UK website

http://www.yankeecandle.co.uk/
Great! I''ve emailed them to find out where the closest store to me is, but it''s great to know I can order them online if it''s too far away. Thanks, Lorelei!
35.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Most welcome!

angel_nieves

Brilliant_Rock
I love Yankee candles and have a whole cupboard full of them. Here locally we have Ross that always has Yankee candles nearly half price!!! I love their new beach scents.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results