shape
carat
color
clarity

question about LOGR setting

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m thinking about getting a LOGR setting in particular THIS ONE.

I do have to ask if they can modify the head to fit a cushion cut stone. I am wanting it for my e-ring with surprise sapphires.
I know many of you have worked/bought settings from them. Is there any particular upgrades that you would recommend me doing if I go with this setting? I know someone said to upgrade to full cut stones, instead of chips...does it apply to this setting as well?

I''m not even sure if they can use a cushion head for this setting, or have surprise sapphires, but I''m going to ask.

Any other advice? Are the upgrades worth the price?
Thanks!

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I bought that semi mount about 18 months ago from LOGR so my feedback may not be current. However, I was very underwhelmed by it. The diamonds were tiny and grey, not lively and the gold is very lightweight. The ring is designed for quite a small stone and anything over 1ct will dominate it a little too much I would think.

Having said that, I bought the legacy setting recently because of the great reviews on here and it''s stunning (and I didn''t upgrade the diamonds). I suspect that you pay for what you get with LOGR.

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/13/2008 4:58:53 PM
Author: LovingDiamonds
I bought that semi mount about 18 months ago from LOGR so my feedback may not be current. However, I was very underwhelmed by it. The diamonds were tiny and grey, not lively and the gold is very lightweight. The ring is designed for quite a small stone and anything over 1ct will dominate it a little too much I would think.

Having said that, I bought the legacy setting recently because of the great reviews on here and it''s stunning (and I didn''t upgrade the diamonds). I suspect that you pay for what you get with LOGR.

I heard back from LOGR and they can''t set a cushion into the setting. I was thinking I might get a pretty garnet though and use that setting. Any other opinions on this particular setting or any way I can avoid feeling "underwhelmed"? I''m sorry that you didn''t care much for the qulaity of the first one LD. I would like to see pics of the new setting you got though!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results