shape
carat
color
clarity

New year''s eve proposal

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

QuantumKen

Rough_Rock
I''m planning on doing it at a gala at the Waldorf Astoria in NYC on new year''s eve, we have a room there. If it''s not at the gala it will at least be at an upscale restaurant in the city...is that romantic or cheesy...to do it on NYE?

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
Does your gf get embarrassed easily? I know a lot of women prefer an intimate proposal without a lot of crowd, BUT, some would LOVE the idea of people around. Keep that in mind. As for NYE, I don''t think it''s cheesy at all!

Good Luck!

QuantumKen

Rough_Rock
She''s said in the past that she wouldn''t mind a bit of an audience. I''d do it at our table at the gala, don''t think there should be throngs of people watching, but I''d expect a few claps. I also have tickets to go see the musical Wicked, i''m going to surprise her that day after I propose!

QuantumKen

Rough_Rock
Should I do it during the gala or at the stroke of midnight 2009? We''ll be at an upscale gala, not worried about someone snatching the ring.

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
What are the plans re: the Gala?

I think it would be nice to have the ring on for the entire evening: like, a private moment for the 2 of you at the beginning of the Gala, then she can flash it around all night!

Either way it sounds lovely.

LS

my_girl

Rough_Rock
I''m planning a New Year''s Eve proposal too, and I don''t think it''s cheesy. My girl prefers an intimate arrangement, so we''re having dinner at the Carnelian Room in San Francisco - there will be other people around but the dinner will be just us two. I AM having second thoughts about proposing at dinner versus waiting until midnight, especially because after a proposal, midnight will likely be an afterthought! I''d love to hear some feedback on this as well.

I agree with the others that you need to be sure she will be OK with the crowd at the gala. Will you plan anything before midnight, earlier in the evening? What about afterward? In any event, congrats
36.gif

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/13/2008 6:42:06 PM
Author: my_girl

I''m planning a New Year''s Eve proposal too, and I don''t think it''s cheesy. My girl prefers an intimate arrangement, so we''re having dinner at the Carnelian Room in San Francisco - there will be other people around but the dinner will be just us two. I AM having second thoughts about proposing at dinner versus waiting until midnight, especially because after a proposal, midnight will likely be an afterthought! I''d love to hear some feedback on this as well.

I agree with the others that you need to be sure she will be OK with the crowd at the gala. Will you plan anything before midnight, earlier in the evening? What about afterward? In any event, congrats
THAT is what I meant by doing it at the ''gala''...I was thinking there was an intimate dinner first, then she could show it off all night....

LS

tabu

Shiny_Rock
I think a NYE proposal is very sweet and romantic because you start a new year fresh and that much closer together! And, Wicked is awesome! Definitely enjoy that
2.gif
I also think, and this is my personal opinion, that you cannot plan a proposal the exact way its going to be. So since you have a pretty great plan to start with, I would just keep the ring with you at the Gala and see when "the moment" arises. You will know when its time. And if it happens to be at the stroke of midnight, thats perfect too! So, good luck and let us know how it goes!

KeepItSecret

Rough_Rock
I would never propose on a birthday or gift giving holiday but New Years Eve could be a good decoy. Normally if you take your girl out to a real nice dinner after a long time of dating she might think something is up. The New Years Eve thing would be just you "wanting to have a good time". Personally I wouldn''t do it at dinner. I''m not sure how your night is planned in regards to transportation but the Waldorf is pretty much close to everything so maybe you could do it before dinner on a quick stroll in the city. She might be dying in heels though if she''s that type of girl.

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Sounds lovely! Let us know how it goes, please!
1.gif

QuantumKen

Rough_Rock
I agree with having an intimate moment and the idea of having the ring most of the day...I''m probably going to do it the night before at a wonderful restaurant...the gala may be very hectic, with people getting drunk and such.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results