shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthier Lifestyle Thread 10th Nov till 16th Nov

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy new week all!

Like with anything else, creating real and lasting change takes practise, and sometimes it comes more easily than others. It can be so easy to fall into the trap of trying to be '' perfect'' with anything we do, and trying to stick to a healthier lifestyle is no exception - notice the words used - healthier lifestyle.

This does not mean that in order to live a healthier lifestyle, we have to be perfect. Far from it, a realistic healthier lifestyle should also allow for some treats some of the time. Human nature being what it is, if we deny ourselves too much then eventually we rebel, and understandably so. A healthier lifestyle is not about perfection, but trying to make good choices for our health which includes trying to maintain a healthy weight or attain one. It is about watching not only our calorie intake, but the levels of fats, sodium, cholesterol and other less desirable substances we can often unknowingly ingest from many foods. It is about trying to be more active in our daily lives, if huge workouts aren''t an option then aiming to fit in a bit of extra physical activity in our daily lives. It is about balance and being able to enjoy some of our higher calorie foods occasionally.

It is about forgiveness for ourselves if we fall off the wagon, as it is a learning and lifelong process which has no place for '' perfection.'' So therefore it is also about embracing this healthier lifestyle as a necessary part of our lives which enhances so many other aspects of it. It is a journey well worth taking and staying on, expect there will be a few rocks and stones in our paths at times as on any journey - but the important thing is to keep on working towards the ultimate goal; a better and healthier '' you'' who feels good about themselves and in themselves!

Have a great week
35.gif

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Great opener Lorelei!

My weekend was pretty lazy. Saturday I just hung out with my sister and the dog. My dog has something wrong with her foot, like a sore or wound or something. She''s very sensitive about it, I dressed with with some ointment and put her boot on her. I feel so bad for her...
7.gif

Still haven''t found my wallet. I think I need to just declare it as lost and start getting all my IDs and cards again. Gross boooo.

Dinner last night was turkey chili. It''s gotten way cold now, so I''m not sure if I can convince myself to go out for a run. We''ll see.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/10/2008 9:03:08 AM
Author: lliang_chi
Great opener Lorelei!

My weekend was pretty lazy. Saturday I just hung out with my sister and the dog. My dog has something wrong with her foot, like a sore or wound or something. She''s very sensitive about it, I dressed with with some ointment and put her boot on her. I feel so bad for her...
7.gif

Still haven''t found my wallet. I think I need to just declare it as lost and start getting all my IDs and cards again. Gross boooo.

Dinner last night was turkey chili. It''s gotten way cold now, so I''m not sure if I can convince myself to go out for a run. We''ll see.
Thanks lliang!

I hope your pup feels better and rats about your wallet....
39.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Morning All!

Lorelei, the bunny needs a cornocopia (sp?), or a leaf on its head now to represent fall. I almost said Thanksgiving, but the lightbulb went on that you wouldn''t celebrate it! Silly me.

Lliang, sorry about your wallet and your puppy.

Rod, you''d think I''d already caught everything possible. I''m alsohaving some sinus issues, inflamation of the membranes, that has lasted for a year, it goes away during breaks from school (the time between summer school ending and regular school starting, week long holidays, etc.), but whenever I''m with my students it comes back. My MD said there''s not much that can be done about it. For as healthy as I am eating, vitamin and exercise wise it amazes me that I get sick so frequently.

Zoe, I do have tomorrow off from school, but I am working in the afternoon at my part time job. I''ll rest in the morning.

So I''m going to take one more day off from the gym, perhaps go for a short walk, as I don''t want to share what I have with others. I''m not kidsitting/tutoring today so I''ll get to come straight home from work and rest. Have a great day everyone.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/10/2008 10:05:14 AM
Author: KimberlyH
Morning All!

Lorelei, the bunny needs a cornocopia (sp?), or a leaf on its head now to represent fall. I almost said Thanksgiving, but the lightbulb went on that you wouldn''t celebrate it! Silly me.

Lliang, sorry about your wallet and your puppy.

Rod, you''d think I''d already caught everything possible. I''m alsohaving some sinus issues, inflamation of the membranes, that has lasted for a year, it goes away during breaks from school (the time between summer school ending and regular school starting, week long holidays, etc.), but whenever I''m with my students it comes back. My MD said there''s not much that can be done about it. For as healthy as I am eating, vitamin and exercise wise it amazes me that I get sick so frequently.

Zoe, I do have tomorrow off from school, but I am working in the afternoon at my part time job. I''ll rest in the morning.

So I''m going to take one more day off from the gym, perhaps go for a short walk, as I don''t want to share what I have with others. I''m not kidsitting/tutoring today so I''ll get to come straight home from work and rest. Have a great day everyone.
I need * someone''s* artistic skills to help me
28.gif
, so I will have to try to get a leafy on his head! Meanwhile, I thought I would have a change for a few mins!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Morning all!!! It is a dark and rainy day; last night it was super rainy. Today I will be going to Trader Joe's to pick a few of my favorite things, like the light cheddar cheese they sell, pumpkin apple-butter that I like to put on toast once in awhile, I love their salads and baby cucumbers and we need some frozen stirfry veggies too to mix with pad thai noodles they sell that are yummy.
I opened our Holiday cookie thread in hangout too so hopefully these next few months I will be baking for family and friends and have a cookie here and there. hehe If it isn't too rainy I will go for a walk; I love the fresh, brisk clean air after a nice rain. Have a fabulous day all!
35.gif

LORELEI ~ I love the new avatar
30.gif
It is so beautiful and it looks so peaceful! Great opening!!!

LLIANG oh no, I am sorry you still can't find your wallet; bummer. I hope your doggies paw will be okay, hugs.

KIMI hope you feel better!!! Rest and take care. eta: I am looking forward to the ugly ornament thread. hehe

ROD thanks for your sweet compliment. hehe

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/10/2008 10:17:05 AM
Author: Skippy123
Morning all!!! It is a dark and rainy day; last night it was super rainy. Today I will be going to Trader Joe''s to pick a few of my favorite things, like the light cheddar cheese they sell, pumpkin apple-butter that I like to put on toast once in awhile, I love their salads and baby cucumbers and we need some frozen stirfry veggies.
I opened our Holiday cookie thread in hangout too so hopefully these next few months I will be baking for family and friends and have a cookie here and there. hehe If it isn''t too rainy I will go for a walk; I love the fresh, brisk clean air after a nice rain. Have a fabulous day all!
35.gif

30.gif

LLIANG oh no, I am sorry you still can''t find your wallet; bummer. I hope your doggies paw will be okay, hugs.

KIMI hope you feel better!!! Rest and take care. eta: I am looking forward to the ugly ornament thread. hehe

Thanks Skip!
35.gif
I thought the same, that the pic looked really peaceful - glad you like it!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi all, ok after reading Rod''s post the other day I said that I''d come back and post here more!! Since college started I''ve been lagging. Great opener Lorelei! It really hits home to me as I am one who is very all or nothing so it''s hard to get the balance right. As some of you know, I purchased my wedding dress the other day and it''s very figure hugging for the most part so I need to get toned up and continue to lose the weight. I''m still a stone down but I need to keep going with it. D lost his job a few weeks ago so he''s going to go to the gym with me this week and we''re heading in a few minutes so it will be fun to have him with me there. I''m used to going by myself.

Well I''ll let you all know how we get on!

Enjoy the cookies Skippy and I love the new avatar Lorelei!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/10/2008 10:21:22 AM
Author: Lorelei

30.gif

LLIANG oh no, I am sorry you still can't find your wallet; bummer. I hope your doggies paw will be okay, hugs.

Thanks Skip!
35.gif
It is so peaceful; it reminds of when we would have a big snow out at my grandma's ranch and there were trees like that. We would get in our warm clothes and venture out. There would be such silence that you would only hear the snow fall but it was so beautiful and there it brought peace. Hard to explain but that picutre reminded me of that wonderful memory. Thanks
12.gif

eta: BEE glad you are back with us
9.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/10/2008 10:25:14 AM

Date: 11/10/2008 10:21:22 AM
Author: Lorelei

30.gif

LLIANG oh no, I am sorry you still can''t find your wallet; bummer. I hope your doggies paw will be okay, hugs.

Thanks Skip!
35.gif
It is so peaceful; it reminds of when we would have a big snow out at my grandma''s ranch and there were trees like that. We would get in our warm clothes and venture out. There would be such silence that you would only hear the snow fall but it was so beautiful and there it brought peace. Hard to explain but that picutre reminded me of that wonderful memory. Thanks
12.gif

eta: BEE glad you are back with us
9.gif
I am really pleased the new av brought back such a lovely memory for you Skip!

Yoo Hoo Beestar! Great to see you back here!
35.gif

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
So just as I was getting back into posting on the HLT, I started my new job and work took over my life! I can''t believe I''ve only been there two weeks--it feels far longer.

I''m up a pound or two, but I''m pretty sure it''s just water weight. We made a big pot of minestrone soup last night so I will be eating that over the next few days. Yum soup!

I got some new exercise clothes last week and I''m hoping to join a gym at some point (somehow being from Southern California, it didn''t occur to me that it''s a bit hard to get out and run/play tennis/bike/etc. when it''s raining, which it does all winter here. It will probably be a couple of months, though, as we get adjusted to work and whatnot. There''s a really great gym where Kris works, so we may try to join that one, since we''d get a discount and it''s close to work for me as well. Since a large part of my job at the Arthritis Foundation is managing our exercise programs, I really should be in shape!

Lorelei, thanks for a great opener, as always! I love the new avatar!

Lliang, I''m sorry about your wallet. I still hope it turns up! I hope your dog''s paw feels better soon.

Kimberly, I hope you feel better soon. Boo for being sick.

Skippy, yay for rain! I love it. Guess it''s a good thing I''m up in Portland.
3.gif
Enjoy your trip to TJ''s!

Bee, congratulations on getting your wedding dress! Is there a thread in BWW? How''s D''s job search going?

appletini

Ideal_Rock
Yay today was my third day in row to exercise (I think I only worked out 3 times last month)! I wasn''t in the mood for TBT, so I did 30 min on the elliptical while reading Better Homes & Gardens. My workout and partner and I will be doing a PT style workout tomorrow.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Hey everyone, sorry I was absent yesterday and late today. Yesterday I got in 2.5 hours of walking and jogging. Got to see piggy... we''re cleaning the ear today. Gators whipped BUTT. Ummmm oh and I cooked breakfast with a friend of mine yesterday, we had a little feast just for us! So much fun! SO has been hunting all weekend, though he didn''t shoot anything.

To follow up Lorelei''s great openers we''ll now have weekly challenges. I want to try to stay in theme a bit with what Lorelei is speaking with, something to go along with her inspiration. I know that I am certainly not perfect, there''s no way to be perfect, and there is no way a healthy life SHOULD be perfect. We should be able to enjoy the things we do and eat and have our treats now and again and have a lazy day once in a while. Since this is our first challenge, I''d like to make it something simple and something that will reflect our goals. I would like everyone to write out (and post here if you so choose) a short term list of things you can do to help you reach your weight, fitness, or health related goals. It can be any goal (though do share if you share your list of things to do). Try to make them detailed... say with 10 things that would help you reach your goal that you could do every week. Once you make this list, post it somewhere where you will see it every day, and remind yourself that these are simply goal related things you can do. Don''t beat yourself up if you don''t do them every day or every week... because there''s no way we can be perfect... but try to do as many as you can each week. Feel free to share these with us as well, so we can cheer everyone on in their weekly accomplishments.

My goal is to get down to 110 lbs, and sculpt my abs
my ten things
1. do 100 crunches every day of the week
2. get in 30 minutes of cardio every day
3. eat more whole grains
4. include more fiber in my diet
5. drink my 4 bottles of water every day if not more
6. stop eating junk food
7. do my 100 sit ups a day
8. dance... at least once a day "every day should be considered lost in which you have not danced at least once"
9. practice better posture, to help tone my abs
10. laugh... it burns calories and makes you happy!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi all, it was great fun having D there at the gym with me today. We did some cardio and then went swimming which was nice as normally I'm in too much of a rush to swim. For dinner we just had salmon fillets with a small amount of potato, rocket salad and some feta cheese with lots of basalmic vinegar. It was yummy!!

Hi LP-that's great that you've settled into the new job well! I love minestrone soup-yum! Here's the thread with my dress in it bee's dress

Well done for getting the exercise in appletini

dragonfly-that's a great list! Mine are as follows-

Try and get to the gym four days a week and walk Amber every day unless lashing rain
Try and get four pieces of fruit in and have some salad with dinner every night
Try and not use any processed foods and try and make things from scratch every night
Cut down on crisps and only have them when I go to a friends house or when friends come to our house-it's my treat night then
Drink 1.5 litres of water every day.

I love a lot of your list-might have to start incorporating some of them.

Hi Skippy and Lorelei! Thanks for the welcome back!!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well I have been pretty good at not eating too many processed foods w/lots of preservatives so to add to Dragon''s list I will keep doing that since all the processed foods have too much salt and other weird additives.
14.gif
I do weight watchers so they have health guidelines they suggest so I actually get 4-5 veggies and fruits in a day, at least 4 glasses of water, 2 cheese or yogurt products and 1 to 2 healthy oils in. I want to up my exercise so I will work on that; I guess it is just this time of year; I am usually more excited to exercise when the weather is warm and beautiful so that will be my goal! heheh
3.gif

Tonight we are having chicken Italian sausage and pasta and a nice big salad. Have a great evening everyone
35.gif

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi All!

I am thrilled to have tomorrow off from work, and I know my kids are. Their parents may not be, but I don''t have to worry about that.
9.gif
Even though I''m sad that my husband is out of work, at least we can spend the day together.

Rod, thank you so much for your advice and words of encouragement. It''s not an easy position to be in, but we are very aware that it could be much, much worse. We don''t have kids to think about, which oddly enough, is somewhat reassuring right now. I hope that makes sense. We were living within our means, and although we won''t be getting ahead much for the time being, we won''t be behind in anything either. My husband filed for unemployment today and all it took was one phone call. He even found out what his unemployment checks will be each month. I was thinking it would be a long and involved process with a ton of paperwork to fill out, but it sounded pretty painless.

Anyway...

I went to the gym today and worked with my trainer. It was a good workout. We''re having salmon and Kashi whole grain rice pilaf for dinner.

Kim -- sinus infections just plain stink. Get better soon!

Lorelei -- thanks for the opener! I love the new avatar -- very pretty.

Skippy -- I''ve seen the pumkpin apple butter at TJs before but I''ve never tried it. It sounds good!

Hi Bee! I love your dress!

Hi LP! Minestrone soup sounds yummy. Congrats on the job! What are you doing now? Obviously, don''t answer if you''re not comfortable sharing.

Hi Dragon and Apple! Dragon, I''ll get back to your post after dinner. Apple -- good for you for doing 30 minutes on the eliptical. I try to read on the machines but I get motion sick pretty easy, so it never goes well.
9.gif

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Hello.

Just dropping by to see how everyone is doing. I hope all is well! Hopefully, once things get settled down here again, I can post a bit more often...

lliang~ The program I record is on FitTV called Namaste Yoga. I love it! There''s also a program hosted by Sharon Mann (sp?) that''s on the same channel. Sometimes she has yoga on her show, too.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday kids!

I am officially back! This morning I did a gentle hour on the dreadmill and two hard sets of arms. I also saw the trainer and told him we need to start working on my a$$ and my bat wings in a serious way real soon, so I'm looking forward to getting started on that.

When I left for vacation I was at 134, as of Saturday morning (I came home late Friday night) I was as 134.5, and this morning I'm at 133. Really, though, after all that hiking and climbing and snorkling, and eating nothing but fish and veggies (oh, and airplane food and zone bars too, now that I think about it!), I would have been very surprised if I had gained a lot.

The photos are off getting put to disk so I can post them. I should have them back on Friday or Monday and then I promise some pics!

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
bee- I''m going to steal some of yours as well you had some great ideas!

Skippy - WW is a great program to follow and keeps you goal oriented!!

zoe - your dinner sounds so good
18.gif

dee jay - awesome workout!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
hubby and I walked for 20 mins in 45 degree weather. hehe There is snow up on our mountains.

Welcome back Dee! Yay for the weight loss!!!! Looking forward to pics friday!

SS, glad you are doing your yoga; I look forward to seeing you more.

Dragon, I agree it is a good program. hehe

Zoe, the pumpkin applebutter is delicious!!! Perfect after dinner snack on a slice of crusty french bread.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone!
35.gif
Happy new week.I had a good day for a Monday.I dressed warmly so wasn’t freezing at work.Class tonight was easy as the students were doing a work sheet so I graded papers online while they worked on that.I wore my new spinel ring and enjoyed seeing whether it looked blue or purple.I stayed in my calorie range today and enjoyed some of the Great harvest honey wheat bread for supper in a BP sandwich.Life is GOOD.

Lorelei, great opener my friend.I know you are talking to all of us but so many of your words hit home with me.As I have only recently began a new phase of my journey – of making sure I stay on the healthy path instead of trying to lose weight – I sometimes worry about allowing old bad habits to creep back in to my life.But I know I have made significant and the necessary changes in my life to make living like this my routine. I have the perfect ideal me in my head but while I will continue to try and improve myself I am very much at peace with where I am.My parents had a cabin in the mountains and had tons of snow in the winter.It reminds me of how pretty it was up there.They sold it to buy a winter home in Arizona.
lliang, I hope your dog gets better.I was hoping your billfold would show up.Rats.
Kimi, that is too bad you have sinus issues.They can be such a pain.I hope you feel better.
Skippy, I hate to hear you had a dark and rainy day.Your bright smiling face I am sure brightened it up for your DH.I was thinking the other day that soon I’ll be starting my holiday baking.I need to replace all my ingredients.Now that I rarely bake I just get new stuff for my Christmas baking so it doesn’t get too old.I am glad you have such wonderful memories at your grandma’s ranch.
Bee, I am delighted to see you posting here again.I am sure you’ll look smashing in your wedding gown.I was sorry to hear about your FI losing his job.Good luck to him finding another job.
Lady Pirate, it’s great to hear from you too.You sound like you are doing well.
Appletini, good job working out 3 days in a row.
Dragonfly, you had a great workout this weekend.Thanks for posting goals for us.Your goals are wonderful.I will list mine below.
Zoe, enjoy your day off tomorrow.
Hi Somethingshiny!
DeeJay, woo hoo for not gaining weight on your trip and being down today!I am looking forward to your photos.

My goals:
Stay in my calories M – F (except dinner Thursday night our night out)
Walk on the treadmill every other day
Drink all 8 glasses or water every day
Eat raw veggies every day
Weigh every day and if the scale goes up get very strict until I go back to where I was
Try to get to bed each day by 11 (this is an IMPOSSIBLE one for me)
Have a great evening.
36.gif

Marcy

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Hi All,

Thanks for the get well wishes.

I''m meeting a girlfriend for an early morning walk. No plans for the rest of the day, except work in the afternoon.

Welcome back, Dee. Hope your trip was fantastic.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday Everyone!

It was a typically long Onday at the office, but tonight was nice. I finally left the office around 6:15 and headed to favorite sushi place #2, where I met Charlie for a very nice dinner. We stopped off at the Sbucks closer to our condo for a cup of coffee afterwards. It was such a pretty day in sunny Tampa. Cool, low humidity and the kind of day you don't want to chained to a desk, that's for sure. Tomorrow will be my usual 'uber' looong Tuesday, as I'll go to the gym idrectly from work. It'll be a late check in tomorrrow night.......

Lorelei, you should think about a career in healthy motivational writing! Your openings each week are so good and you give us something new to think about. As usual, this week's opening really resonates with me for sure!! I've tried so hard to be so good that I often forget it's OK to treat myself once in a while and not feel guilt. So, thanks for getting us off on the "perfect" foot each week Lorelei! You are a hero to so many of us!!!

lliang, so sorry about the lost wallet. You should really cancel your cards right away. Someone stole Charlie's wallet a few weeks ago, the thieves managed to spend over $5,000 in a matter of a couple hours. So protect yourself and get them deactivated as soon as possible, OK? Sorry about your dog's sore foot.

I hope the extra rest helps you get over your cold sooner Kimberly. I still hope you don't have to suffer every single virus known to childhood these days. Take care, get some rest and ask John to make you some homemade chicken soup!

Sorry for a dark and rainy day Skippy. I hope you got to go for a walk this afternoon.

Thanks for coming back bee*. I'm so sorry to see that D lost his job a few weeks ago. It's just tough out there right now. At least the two of you got to go the gym together!

Hey LP. Sorry your new job has taken so much time. I fully understand how that is though. I've been at my jew job now since the beginning of July and my days are often way longer than I imagined. I hope your new gym clothes lead you to joining the gym soon!

Yay for working out 3 days in a row apple!

thanks dragon. I kind of reached my weight goal some time ago. I'm not really trying to lose any more weight. I'm just trying to build muscle at this point and stay healthy. I actually workout because I love to and because I'm afiraid not to. When we joined the gym 3 years ago, a couple joined at about the same time we did. We used to see them just about every night we were in the gym. We used to notice each other's progress and you could really see how working out was helping him look lean and he had gotten in really good shape. Well, they just showed up the other day and I was shocked. They've been out of the gym for over a year now and he's gained weight and is so out of shape. I saw him on the ellitptical the other night and he was struggling to go at a slow pace. When he used to be at the gym, he could keep up with me. So, my point? It scares me how easy it would be to just drop out and lose all the fabulous things I've done for my body and health so here's my (fairly short) list:

Continue working out as hard as I can at least 4 times a week (3 hours each session)
Continue eating as healthy as I can (with occassional treats)
Run outside more often
Do more pushups and unassisted chinups and dips
Mix it up more to work different muscle groups

That's about all I can think of...........

Hey Zoe....it sounds like you guys will be OK. At least you won't get behind and that's a really good thing. It's amazing how easy it is to apply for unemployment. In Florida, you just register online and check in online once every two weeks and you get your benefit. But, I went from a mega salary to $275/week on unemployment and boy was that ever a shock! Anyway, let me know if there's anything I can offer in terms of advice. Remember, I am a recruiter by profession!

Good to see you SS and we'll be glad to see you more often when things settle down.

OK......that should do it for me for this Monday. I'll check in briefly tomorrow night after the gym........

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rod, it''s wise to realize how quickly we can get out of shape or how easy it is to gain weight. I know you work very hard at being and living healthy and you are a major inspiration in my life to strive to continue to be healthy. I am humbled every time I see someone who is as big as I used to be and realize how lucky I am that I took that first and necessary step to change my life. At least it''s good that couple is coming to the gym again.

Kimi, have fun with your friend tomorrow.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Rod, thanks for the offer! I''ll let you know if we need any advice while job hunting. Have fun at the gym tonight!

SS -- it''s good to see you again. My thoughts are with you and your family. I can only imagine what everyone''s going through.

Lliang -- turkey chili sounds great, especially during the cold weather. I live in northern New England, and so far our days have been mostly in the 40s and 50s. We''ve even had a few 60 degree days here and there. It''s very odd for this time of year. I''m assuming we''ll have a mild winter, but you can never predict the weather in NE.

Dragon, I ended up going to bed early last night, but here''s my list of goals.

1. Continue eating well and don''t find reasons to go out. It''s just too tempting at times. With our sitaution right now, I don''t think we''ll even think about going out to eat anytime soon.
2. Continue working out with my trainer as long as possible. I''ll probably have to stop for a while in a month or so, but begin again when our situation improves.
3. Increase the number of days I go to the gym.
4. Do more cardio!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Weather continues to be completely pants as usual here....
14.gif
If only it wasn''t as wet all the time...

Anyway my goals are -

To try to fit in at least three cardio sessions a week
To continue to try to eat better
To maintain what I have achieved and to continue to improve on that, weightwise and health wise
More water less diet soda!

And I am also so grateful to have finally learned that strict diets don''t work long term for me and probably for many others - a lifestyle change is the key to be able to lose weight and keep it off forever.

Thanks Rod! * blush*
9.gif

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Hey everyone, I was MIA on Monday, sorry.

I made some dinner, Chinese steamed ribs and lots of broccoli.

Didn''t get much of a workout done but I did do 50 girly pushups and 150 ab exercises. I decided last night the 50 push ups are going to be incorporated into my fitness goals. I just have to think of how often. Gonna start with 5 days a week and see if I can keep it up.

No luck on the wallet front, I"m going to take some time off on Weds morning to get a new license etc. All my cards are cancelled and I should get them by next week. Sucks.

Quizas''s paw is still bothering her. I put one of my socks on her and taped it with James''s hockey tape so she can''t lick it. I''ve been checking on it periodically, not sure if it''s getting better or not. I''ll keep it up in a few days and if it''s not gone by Friday I''ll take her to the vet. Does anyone know if an Epsom salt soak will burn? I was thinking of getting some salts and soaking her paw in it.

Thanks everyone for empathizing about the wallet & the dog.

Going out tonight with one of James''s classmates/coworker''s wife. THey''re having a meeting so I figured the two of us can hang out while our other halves are doing schoolwork. So don''t think I''ll be doing much working out. I might try to hit some yoga per Shiny''s suggestion. :) Thanks Shiny for the suggestion.

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Good morning, HLTers!

I''m about to head off to work so I don''t have time to write much, but I wanted to pop in and catch up!

Appletini, good luck with your workout today!

Dragonfly, good idea to do goals! I want to start doing crunches in the mornings, drink plenty of water during the day, and join a gym so I have somewhere to work out--I''d really like to get back to doing pilates.

Bee, your dress is GORGEOUS! I can''t wait to see pictures of you in it. The minestrone soup was so good--we finished it last night.

Hi Skippy!
35.gif
Glad you had a nice walk last night. It''s been chilly here too.

Zoe, have a good holiday today! I''m the Programs and Services Coordinator for the Oregon Arthritis Foundation, so basically I''m managing the exercise programs we offer throughout the state, among other things. It''s really what I wanted to be doing, so I''m chuffed!

Hi SS--I hope things get better with your family soon. I''m continuing to send prayers your way.

Welcome back, DeeJay! Can''t wait to see pictures.

Hi Marcy! Is there a thread on your new ring? I love spinel! Going to bed is a great goal--we are definitely "early to bed" types. If we''re up at 11, it is a late night. Usually we''re down by 10.

Kimberly, hope you had fun on your walk!

Hi Rod! Sushi sounds yummy. It''s funny how new jobs can take over your life--this is the first job I''ve had where I literally don''t even have time to check my personal email at work. It''s great, though, because the days go by really fast. I feel like I''m in star trek and just entered warp speed or something.
3.gif

Hi Lorelei! I agree that you should think about writing a book. Or maybe one of those daily or weekly desk calendars--it would be very motivational. I''d buy one!

Lliang_chi, have fun out tonight! Still sending good wishes to your pup.

Have a great Tuesday, everyone!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Walked for 1 and a 1/2 hours with my girlfriend. Not at top speed, because we were chatting a lot, but it was a decent workout. Feeling better, hooray. Still stuffed up, but nothing tragic.

Have a great day all.

appletini

Ideal_Rock
Yay I have now exercised 4 days in a row!!! My workout partner and I had a really good workout today and incorporated some core stabilization with some of our regular moves.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results