shape
carat
color
clarity

Baby Nurseries

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ljmorgan

Brilliant_Rock
I know that there is an old baby nurseries thread, I went to post there but it''s locked. So for all of you new preggos, lets post nursery ideas, or nurseries that you''ve already created!

ljmorgan

Brilliant_Rock
First, here is my favorite nursery inspiration picture. A lady posted her nursery on HGTV''s Rate My Room. I love how classic and neutral it is. The crib I want was inspired by this room, and I''m also going to do the same closet organizer as pictured. I found it at Target.

noahnursery.JPG

ljmorgan

Brilliant_Rock
The crib

crib11.JPG

ljmorgan

Brilliant_Rock
The dresser

crib22.JPG

ljmorgan

Brilliant_Rock
Anddddd the dream chair! This chair is the Lullaby swivel glider from Pottery Barn Kids. I wasn''t super interested in a glider at all, but my mother and grandmother have been insisting. We were in PBK the other week looking at other things, and I sat in this chair and fell in love. I am 5''1, and my feet have a hard time comfortably reaching the floor in most chairs that I sit in! That goes for the traditional wood frame gliders as well. Well this chair is much shorter than most (you tall gals probably wouldn''t love it!), I sank into it and fell in love. It is the most comfortable chair I''ve ever sat in, it felt like it was tailor made for my short body
1.gif
The chair is pricey, but the crib and dresser are much cheaper than what I was originally looking at. The chair is slipcovered so it can change through out the years...

My top choice for the fabric is the pear damask, it''s really pretty. It will depend on the bedding though, and possibly girl vs. boy which I should be finding out very soon hopefully. My second choice is the fabric shown in the picture.

pbkchair.JPG

ljmorgan

Brilliant_Rock
I like this bedding but in pear green, would go with the green damask chair. The pink bedding would go really nice with the chair fabric pictured above.

img27m.jpg

ljmorgan

Brilliant_Rock
Ahhh I love this

rhbc_prod103646.jpg

ljmorgan

Brilliant_Rock
I bought this lamb that I love. It''s soooo soft.

pBBW1-4836156dt.jpg

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lindsey -- I LOVE everything you''ve posted so far. The first picture of the nursery is gorgeous! I think the best thing about it is that it doesn''t scream BABY - does that make sense? It''s a room that seems timeless and it won''t need to be redone anytime soon. I have to remember to check this thread and the first nursery thread if and when the time comes. That''s exactly the look I want to go for. While baby things are really cute, I prefer things that don''t apppear babyish. Does that make sense?

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Andrey will be happy to unlock the thread if you ask him.

ljmorgan

Brilliant_Rock
Tacori, thanks for the heads up.

ZoeBartlett, I definitely understand where you''re coming from. I know it''s probably inevitable but I''m not really fond of the idea of my home scattered with massive amounts of brightly colored plastic toys and decor
2.gif
For our nursery I''m like you, I love a baby room that seems timeless and classic.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/2/2008 3:06:25 PM
Author: ZoeBartlett
Lindsey -- I LOVE everything you''ve posted so far. The first picture of the nursery is gorgeous! I think the best thing about it is that it doesn''t scream BABY - does that make sense? It''s a room that seems timeless and it won''t need to be redone anytime soon. I have to remember to check this thread and the first nursery thread if and when the time comes. That''s exactly the look I want to go for. While baby things are really cute, I prefer things that don''t apppear babyish. Does that make sense?
Hehehe, this made me laugh. Sure it will need to be redone...when you kid turns 5 and wants race cars or pink paint all over his/her room! Of course, you can stretch out out and use it for a few kids...
1.gif

Very cute Lindsey. The only thing I saw that was a real, "no way" in my book was the stuff above the baby''s crib...I live in California - earthquake country!
23.gif

Not sure if you''ve seen them, but several of us moms recommend mesh bumpers. Nothing like seeing your kid''s face smooshed against a bumper to cause your heart to jump out of your throat...problem is, they are kind of ugly.
40.gif

I, hands down, have the ugliest room for a baby here on PS (used to be my office and still kind of is). Good thing too. Amelia pukes up 3-4 times a week. I feed her in my herman miller inspired office chair, which is easily wiped down!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
TGal -- true, true!
1.gif
It''s funny, I was thinking back to my own childhood (and my sister''s), and both of us had fairly grown up rooms from the start. Other than an oil painting of Raggedy Ann and Andy (which is still hanging outside our bedrooms in my parents'' house) and stuffed animals lining our bookshelves, you''d never know that they were kids'' rooms. I''m not sure it ever occurred to us to even ask for anything else.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/2/2008 10:57:55 PM
Author: TravelingGal

Hehehe, this made me laugh. Sure it will need to be redone...when you kid turns 5 and wants race cars or pink paint all over his/her room! Of course, you can stretch out out and use it for a few kids...
1.gif
LOL!! I figure when baby is a baby they ahve no clue about what the room looks like, so decorate for mama!

I, hands down, have the ugliest room for a baby here on PS (used to be my office and still kind of is). Good thing too. Amelia pukes up 3-4 times a week. I feed her in my herman miller inspired office chair, which is easily wiped down!
I hope you have hardwood floors too!
3.gif

pavelover

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/2/2008 10:57:55 PM
Author: TravelingGal

Date: 11/2/2008 3:06:25 PM
Author: ZoeBartlett
1.gif

Very cute Lindsey. The only thing I saw that was a real, ''no way'' in my book was the stuff above the baby''s crib...I live in California - earthquake country!
23.gif

Not sure if you''ve seen them, but several of us moms recommend mesh bumpers. Nothing like seeing your kid''s face smooshed against a bumper to cause your heart to jump out of your throat...problem is, they are kind of ugly.
40.gif

Hi Tgal- if you read this- can you tell me a brand name for the mesh bumpers? I was telling my dh how important the mesh ones were, but when we were out, I didnt see any, nor when I was registering? Thanks in advance. and btw thanks for positing all the mama bargains. I keep checking everything out. I love the deals. Did you ever end up splurging on the baby bag? I loooooove bags.

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
Pave - here you go. We''re registered for it, ugly though it may be. They have it in "sage" as well, which seems to be more like "grass" to me. (If you''re interested, I''d try to view it in person to see the color rather than purchasing online.) Also available at amazon.com.

Lindsey - love your taste.

ljmorgan

Brilliant_Rock
The mesh bumpers are definitely a good idea! Thanks for the link Blenheim!

pavelover

Brilliant_Rock
oh blen, thanks so much. guess I didnt search too hard on babys r us? When I registered I used one of their cheat sheets. anyhoo. thank you so much. that will be good I think.

lili

Ideal_Rock
cute avi
5.gif

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Aww, I didn''t even realize that''s a picture of your baby. How very, very precious!!!
9.gif

pavelover

Brilliant_Rock
Wow Lindsey that avi is totally cool. thanks for pointing it out fisher!!!

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
Awww, what a sweet avi!

Pave, I stumbled across it in the store. I''m not sure of the best way to find it on the website, but if you do a search for "breathable bumper" it pops up.

Loves2Laugh

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone, we finished our gender neutral nursery finally
36.gif
and I wanted to share some pics. All the furniture is hand-me-down and my mom made the bedding, curtians and a few other things. I liked that the fabric was a little more mature then the baby stuff we saw and I couldn''t be happier with how it turned out.

I hope I put this together OK and it doesn''t take up the whole screen. We still have to put some finishing touches on the walls as you can see they''re pretty bare. I''m thinking a shelf or two and maybe a cute print. We''re heading to IKEA to see what kind of selection they have or maybe we should wait and see if it''s a boy or girl. Thanks for looking!

Nursery112208.JPG

nycbkgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Hey ladies..so my nursery will be from www.vibel.com ..my sister found the store that carries this brand in boston and she fell in love with all their stuff..its verrry pricey and shipped from france ..the lady from the store sent me a picture of a nursery design for me ..but it came out soooo expensive that I decided to go only with the cribs there and the changing table..the cribs do not require a bumper and are mostly see through..so my twinks can look at eachother :) ...the rest I will have to find elsewhere like the armoire and glider...I love the chair u picked linds...does it come with an ottoman? And I take its not a rocking chair?...I wish I could post the nursery design but I duno how lol sorry.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
I haven''t really started on the room for the baby yet - it''s going to have to double as a mini-office as well, but that''s London house prices for you...

I''m planning on having the baby sleep with us for the first few months, so I''m looking for one of those cribs that you put next to your own bed and can hoik the wee one out easily. The baby''s room will have a chest-of-drawers, changing table etc and we''re thinking of getting a cot bed so that it will last longer.

The room is currently a real pretty shade of bluish-green with cream paint-work (all Farrow & Ball) which I really like (the vendors painted the whole house in lovely colours when they put it up for sale) so I''ll use that as the base for a colour scheme.

My parents weren''t into us ''decorating'' our rooms as children, and since the house was 500 years old it wouldn''t have been easy to do anyway, so we got to help choose very grown-up fabrics and furniture. I plan to do the same - my kids get to decorate their rooms when they are paying their own mortgage!
9.gif

Can I check what a ''glider'' is? Is it an american word for ''rocking chair''? Or is it something different?

ljmorgan

Brilliant_Rock
Loves2Laugh, what a lovely nursery! I love the fabric that you chose, and that shade of green on the wall is so pretty.

ljmorgan

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/22/2008 5:55:49 PM
Author: Pandora II
I haven''t really started on the room for the baby yet - it''s going to have to double as a mini-office as well, but that''s London house prices for you...

I''m planning on having the baby sleep with us for the first few months, so I''m looking for one of those cribs that you put next to your own bed and can hoik the wee one out easily. The baby''s room will have a chest-of-drawers, changing table etc and we''re thinking of getting a cot bed so that it will last longer.

The room is currently a real pretty shade of bluish-green with cream paint-work (all Farrow & Ball) which I really like (the vendors painted the whole house in lovely colours when they put it up for sale) so I''ll use that as the base for a colour scheme.

My parents weren''t into us ''decorating'' our rooms as children, and since the house was 500 years old it wouldn''t have been easy to do anyway, so we got to help choose very grown-up fabrics and furniture. I plan to do the same - my kids get to decorate their rooms when they are paying their own mortgage!
9.gif

Can I check what a ''glider'' is? Is it an american word for ''rocking chair''? Or is it something different?

Pandora, gliders have a unique swaying rocking motion, a bit smoother than a normal rocker. They''re also easier to rock. You can google it and read all about them.

The blue-green sounds great for the nursery!

ljmorgan

Brilliant_Rock
So I''m 36 weeks and just finishing up the nursery this week. We''re using a bassinet, so honestly she probably won''t even be in her room for a while, but I still have this panicked overwhelmed feeling that it HAS to be finished before she gets here
1.gif

n38100039_31894006_7236635.jpg

ljmorgan

Brilliant_Rock
Night stand...

n38100039_31894001_2992163.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results