shape
carat
color
clarity

Rolling ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MMT

Ideal_Rock
I upgraded my diamond in September. Now that it''s cold my stone keeps rolling around to my palm. It is driving my crazy I am constantly rolling it back forward. I''m afraid to resize in the winter but I find that I''m not wearing it as much because of this. I also feel like my diamond is more exposed if its turned in and rolling all the time. Any comments or advice would be appreciated.
Thanks

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Normal unfortunately. You can buy plastic snuggies for the bottom for the ring for a quick fix or you could try a horseshoe sizer or something like that. But fingers fluctuate because of temperatures and if you get it sized it''ll likely be tight in the summer.

Couscous

Rough_Rock
I''m having the same problem and my jeweler suggested I wait a few months before I decide to resize it. I would probably only go down a 1/4 of a size because I''m afraid of the summer months. My finger size fluctuates throughout the day and esp in the heat.

So I would second the idea of one of those plastic sizer thingys. That''s what I''m contemplating getting. I''ve used them before and they aren''t that bad.

grapegravity

Shiny_Rock
I have the same situation as you and right now I can easily pull my ring (size 5.5) off....
8.gif
If I resize it, it will be tight for summer.. so what I did is I wear my spacer ring (elsa peretti silver band with diamond or emerald, size 4) on top of my ering.. This way, it squeeze the fat of my finger towards my ering and no more spinning!

MMT

Ideal_Rock
Grapegravity that''s a great idea. So I guess you only wear your spacer band in the winter? This didn''t happen with my smaller diamond. Yours looks huge. I guess the weight of the stone makes it worse.

MMT

Ideal_Rock
I tried the plastic huggie things from Walmart and they didn''t fit.

grapegravity

Shiny_Rock
Date: 10/30/2008 12:28:41 PM
Author: MMT
Grapegravity that's a great idea. So I guess you only wear your spacer band in the winter? This didn't happen with my smaller diamond. Yours looks huge. I guess the weight of the stone makes it worse.
Thanks MMT!

yup.. because I can't wear my wedding band until next Aug and at that time, this problem will be solved since the width of the two rings together will be 7mm... so meanwhile, I have to use the spacer band, othrwise anyone can just come grab my ring off my finger without any problem!!

Also, I've lost 10 pounds in the past 3 months
5.gif
(and gonna lose another 10 pounds next year) and my FI believe that I will gain the weight back after we are happily married
2.gif
so he doesn't want me to reisze my e-ring.....

MMT

Ideal_Rock
Grapegravity congratulations on your weight loss, that''s impressive!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

grapegravity

Shiny_Rock
Date: 10/30/2008 12:48:52 PM
Grapegravity congratulations on your weight loss, that''s impressive!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
Thank you!!! MMT
5.gif
I''m pretty impressed at myself too for sticking to my strict diet (no fried, no snack, no eating after 8pm) for the past 3 months (and I''m gonna continue to do so until my wedding next Aug) And on top of that, I exercise twice a week (each time 2 hours of workout including 200 situps)

it''s tough but I gotta look good for my professional wedding photo shoot in 6 weeks and also for my wedding next year!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
My fingers fluctuate up to a full size with the weather, so in the winter months I wear and extra band to make everything a little more snug.

MMT

Ideal_Rock
Grapegravity I''m kind of a work out nut and I think it''s addictive. Your wedding will come and go and you''ll probably still be working out. What a great motivator to have your wedding coming, just make sure your dress still fits.
31.gif

grapegravity

Shiny_Rock
Date: 10/30/2008 1:37:44 PM
Grapegravity I''m kind of a work out nut and I think it''s addictive. Your wedding will come and go and you''ll probably still be working out. What a great motivator to have your wedding coming, just make sure your dress still fits.
31.gif
Good point MMT! I will get my dress one size smaller to accomodate the weight loss... Thanks!
10.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results