shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond Helper - anybody know them?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

flyingharp

Rough_Rock
I came across their website the other day and was quite intrigued. They appear to offer sound advice, and even offer a service where you present them with specs of a diamond you''re looking at and they email you back with an idea of you how much you would expect to pay for a stone of that quality. Of course it was just a price comparison, based on the specs you give, no other advice.

I tried it out and they said I would be paying 15.69% under the value he calculated, based on the description given, and that it was a good price - which was nice. Don''t know how they arrive at their calculation - Rapaport perhaps?

Apart from the odd advert and a page of links, I don''t know how else they are able to support this service. No books or non-warped diamonds offered for sale.

Could this really be someone who is trying to help other folk? Am I missing something here? Or am I just being cynical in my old age...

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
Hi Flyingharp,

I too stumbled upon them some months ago shortly after I had purchased my new diamond. For grins I plugged in my information and cert number, etc. They emailed me back with some practical information -- nothing too heavy, and they said that I paid 30.08% under what I should expect to pay. Seems like I got a good deal, but like you said, I don't know where they get their information. If they said I paid 5% or 10% less than what would be expected, it would have been a little more realistic I think. I know I got a nice stone at a great price, but 30% below what should be expected? I don't think so. Maybe I too am being cynical.

I would be curious to know on what they base their information. If you missed something, I certainly missed it too. Anyone else out there familiar with this site?
confused.gif

Diamondlil

flyingharp

Rough_Rock
Perhaps we should set up our own P/S Cynics Anonymous...
9.gif

Free membership... (complete with hidden agendas, ulterior motives and rip-offs...)
Up_to_something.gif

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
Oh, I like it. Count me in!
tongue.gif

Diamondlil

niceice

Brilliant_Rock
Impartial, um, yea... As we remember it, DH had reviewed our web site and product and wanted us to pay for them for an 'impartial' rating on their web site... Paid advertising space is what it sounded like to us... How's that word 'impartial' supposed to work again? Doesn't it have something to do with 'no vested interest'? Maybe it's just us, but the entire concept rubbed us the wrong way so we told them to drop dead. We prefer that our clients receive an 'impartial' rating of our product and service from companies like The Public Eye http://pe.epubliceye.com/fl/report.cfm?key=61&lang=english where we pay them for the scripts and the server space for our clients to rate our performance and product... As far as we're concerned, DH is a scam, but that's just our impartial opinion.

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
I found them before I found PS, so dug through most of their info. Turns out I also paid 28% less than expected for my Internet diamond. odd?! I think I'm good, but I'm probably not that good!
9.gif
I also spoke with a couple of their "top recommended" vendors, and did not get nearly the service or objective help than I did from some of the vendors here. I don't know the scoop behind Diamond helpers, but I wouldn't be surprosed if it was paid sponserships.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results