shape
carat
color
clarity

I know I''m impatient, but...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock
I had a thread a little while back about going crazy waiting on wedding photos. Our photographer has been ridiculously busy, so her normal turnaround of shoot to blog teasers of 2.5 weeks went up to 5. So, of course, I was expecting it to be a lot longer for the full set of photos. However, she sent us a really really sweet email last Thursday thanking us for our patience, being so great at the wedding, etc, and that she was working on our ceremony photos as she wrote. She added that though she had a wedding the next day (Fri), another on Saturday, and 3 shoots on Sunday, she was going to stay up a bit later (it was already late into Thursday evening) to work on them and do her best to finish up Monday night and upload them to the web overnight for us to see Tuesday morning (and we'd get an email as soon as they were up). I wrote her back and thanked her for all her effort and told her she didn't need to kill herself to get them done. She has a tendency to work well into the wee hours of the morning, so I told her she should take a break and go spend time w/ her hubby (who was her 2nd shooter at our wedding). She wrote back and basically said I love you, but tough luck - you're getting them Tuesday.

Sooo, it's now Thursday, and we haven't heard anything from her. I KNOW in my heart of hearts that she probably set the bar too high for herself to actually finish them by Monday night, but it's still irking me that we don't have them yet and haven't heard from her. I was all prepared to wait another week, 2 weeks, even a month - but now it's killing me that they're 2 days overdue. Part of me wants to email her and ask in case for some reason we just didn't get the email from the site saying they were posted, but I realize the chances of that are slim and I don't want to be pushy. If she was "just a vendor" I'd be more happy to, but I really admire and like this woman and feel she deserves better than straight-business treatment. DH says to give her a couple more days before we email, but I kind of feel at that point we might as well wait until next week since she'll most likely be shooting all weekend.

What would you guys do?

LauraBabe08

Shiny_Rock
I know what you mean about your pics now - I have been waiting for our e-pics!

So far in my wedding planning experience I have dealt with 2 artists. First one is FI''s sister, a graphic designer. She designed the STDs and was surprising slow at making small revisions and also flaked out on me a couple times when we were supposed to go paper shopping together.

Second, our photographer. I chose her out of a few that were narrowed down for me by my mom. Mandee was the least flakey and I loved her photos. All our emails back and forth were very kind, etc however sometimes she took a while to reply. The other day, however, when she gave a final price on our e-pics, I emailed asking if that price was correct and she kinda flipped out and sent me emails saying I''m taking advantage of her, etc. I paid her immediately after that, and then all her emails were sweet again. Personally, I don''t like that our photographer is emotional, or who sees me as a "friend." I just want to do business, ask questions, answer questions, and get good pics.

That was a really long way to say that I would email her to check the status. After everything it is a business, you paid her, SHE quoted you the earlier timeline, and so you are just following up. There is nothing wrong with that, and if she acts all weird thats her problem.

julesbeth

Brilliant_Rock
Aw! That stinks! I stalked my photographers website religiously after my wedding, and thankfully they were up a week and a half later - crazy!

BUT my friend had her wedding a month before me, and it took them over a month to get the images up on the website.

I am guessing you got a kick a** creative and wonderful photog, and it will be SO worth the wait! Hang in there darling!

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
Oh, I know exactly how you feel! I''ve sorta become friends with my photog. (we went to hs together, but she was a few years younger than me), and I was really impatient to get my cd of proofs, but felt terrible being impatient because I knew how busy she was.

If at all possible, I would wait until they are a week late. If by next Tuesday you still haven''t heard from her, I would send her an email saying you just wanted to make sure you didn''t miss something from her, and that you understand she is busy and are okay waiting (only if you are), but would really appreciate an idea of when they will be up so you don''t drive yourself crazy.

We''re anxiously waiting to see them here too! =)

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock
Sabine, I think you hit the nail on the head - "sort of become friends". She suggested in her email that we meet her and her husband for dinner sometime this winter, which I hope does happen because I think it''d be a lot of fun.

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
OMG, seriously, this was the most difficult thing for me with my daughter''s wedding. I couldn''t stand it.

It''s like they make you wait so long that you are sooooo over it by the time you get them. I haven''t even gotten to see my daughter''s video which she finally received nearly three months after the wedding.
24.gif

Good luck with that ladyciel...it''s maddening....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results