shape
carat
color
clarity

STD Help

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Morgie44

Brilliant_Rock
So as a result of my cousin''s recent news about his wedding date below, I''ve decided to do some quick and simple Save the Dates.

Our reception will be held at an old theatre with a classic marquis outside. The plan is to make a postcard with the from being a picture of the marquis but changing the wording on it to read:

Coming Soon

Then the back will have the typical wording.

I would like to do some sort of movie title type thing (real or made up) but am kind of at a loss

The two ideas I have were " An everlasting love" (too cheesy?) or "It''s a Wonderful Life" (too Christmasy?)

Do any of you creative ladies have an idea?

Rialto Marquise2.jpg

meresal

Ideal_Rock
What if you used "An Affair to Remember" as the movie title. If you think people can get past the usual correlations with "affair" and will automatically assume it is being used in the general sense, for an event.

Ninama

Brilliant_Rock
Yikes... that "STD" thing kinda wigged me out (but I still had to look, didn''t I
2.gif
).

"From Here to Eternity"​

Morgie44

Brilliant_Rock
Haha sorry to alarm you Ninama! I do like an affair to remember, but as you said am worried about the negative correlation...

I am also worried about it seeming to prom theme ish if that makes sense at all? Maybe I am overanalyzing this??

Another I thought of: Giving You My Heart Forever.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
LOL! STD!

I understand the not sounding like a Prom. Do you and your FI have a song, or do you know what you two will have your first dance to? You could use that as the title.

Morgie44

Brilliant_Rock
I had thought of that, but we are still undecided on our song, though i want ''Better Together'' maybe I can still do that no one will remember anyways...

meresal

Ideal_Rock
I think that would be a great idea!! It also keeps you awway from that cheesy "Prom" feeling.

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Two Become One? I will keep thinking!

Ninama

Brilliant_Rock
"Giving you my heart..." might sound too intimate and personal for a reception - but I like the idea of creating your own title.

Sometimes film titles are much better than the films. You don''t want to evoke memories of crappy movies!

Neverending Story

Love Story

As Good As It Gets

Some Kind of Wonderful

Always

Where the Heart Is

Truly, Madly, Deeply

One Fine Day

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/21/2008 10:27:00 AM
Author: Ninama

Neverending Story

Love Story

As Good As It Gets

Some Kind of Wonderful

Always

Where the Heart Is

Truly, Madly, Deeply

One Fine Day

My favorites are in bold.

What a cool venue!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like Better Together and think that would be very cute if it were your first dance song too!

Morgie44

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks you guys, I went ahead and ordered them from zazzle here is the front, I went with Better Together

Rialto Marquis copy.jpg

Morgie44

Brilliant_Rock
And here is the back to go opposite the address section of the postcard

STD Wordingzz.jpg

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
You''re getting married at the Realto Theatre! Awesome venue! Thats where Adrianne Curry and Christopher Knight got married. My friend got married there too a few years ago...very pretty, BTW.

I like the post card with the theatre most of all!

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations, It looks great!! How long until they arrive? Are you going to hand write the addresses or use labels?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results