shape
carat
color
clarity

frustrated furniture shopping

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

SanAntonio Rose

Rough_Rock
I''m looking for quality bedroom furniture at reasonable prices. I have spent several hours on line and still cannot find a bed that I like. Does anyone know of a web site that can help guide me to what I want? I''m so confuse I don''t even know what furniture style I like. I would really appreciate any help that can be given. Thanks!

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
We bought our bedroom furniture at Ethan Allen. We got the Horizontal Slat Bed with matching night table and dresser. We''re pretty happy with it. I especially liked that the products were made in the US.

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
Ethan Allen is good! And Pottery Barn has good sales, so you could look there---

Vintage_Glamour

Rough_Rock
I certainly can feel that frustration! I''m looking for furniture for an entire house but it has to have a certain look to it. Trying to find what I''m looking for is difficult in itself but trying to keep each room under a certain amount of money is proving to be near impossible!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
My best advice is to go to actual furniture stores. My MIL and I just went through this (they are moving and getting all new furniture). We spent probably 50 hours and went to at least 10 different stores. Was it exhausting after awhile? Of course! But it is something you have to see in person and you need to make sure you love it.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ditto Tacori. If you''re shopping for furniture, you should definitely go in person. There are so many variations in color and fabric, it''s really hard to get a good feeling for something online. And furniture is SO expensive, which makes the decision even harder. Another big plus of going in person is trying out the couches for yourself!!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
DH and I went to at least 20 stores. Our requirements included finding solid wood, well designed joints that wouldn't fall apart after taking apart and moving a few times, and lower cost. We ended up finding a fabulous solid wood bed with headboard/foot frame at the Costco Home store (not the regular store) in king size for around $800! Then we drove around and found a random outlet furniture store and picked up solid wood book cases for about $200 a piece. Our previous bedroom was a massive suite and we easily could fit a couch/chair and ottoman in there and we found an amazing chenile set on clearance at JC Penny for $1,200. Then we went back to the Costco Home store and picked up a rug for $200.

We got great deals on everything and furnished our whole room for about the price of what a king size Pottery Barn bed would cost!

The trick is to drive around, check EVERY store you see and look for great deals! It took us nearly three months to furnish our entire home. We moved since then, going from 2,600 sq ft to 1,900 and now do not have enough room for everything! We had to sell a few items
7.gif
, which reminds me, check Craig's List too!

SanAntonio Rose

Rough_Rock
Thanks for your help. I''ll give it a try. Take care and have a great day!

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
I''m a Thomasville fan...I think that most of their stuff is very nice quality...I find that getting a few design mags or looking online at rate my space at bedrooms helps...every time you see something you "like".....print or cut it out...don''t think about it too much...just bookmark it. Then, later, look at what you''ve collected...10 bucks says you pick re-occurring styles....that helped me do my old bathroom...I didn''t know what I wanted but when I looked at what I cut out, it was all subway tile ...

bebe

Ideal_Rock
homeportfolio.com

furniturefind.com

are you in San Antonio? kinda thought so by your avatar, anyway have you looked at the outlets in San Marcos
Or maybe Room Store, Ashely furniture, Star, Macy''s (during a sale)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results