shape
carat
color
clarity

Second, Third, ... Many Opinions Please

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lovelee

Shiny_Rock
I''m going to be receiving the diamond tomorrow morning!
We haven''t committed to it yet, but I have high hopes.

I''m in TX and the BF is in CA and we''re working with a jeweler of a close friend in NY.
This is the first one he''s found for us and I can''t sit still!
26.gif

I''ll take pictures of it as soon as I get it and post them.
What I wanted to do before the morning though was to run the specs by ya''ll and see what all you pros think.

Round Brilliant
GIA Certified
1.91 ct
G Color
SI1 (I''m really hoping and praying it''s a good eye clean one with coverable inclusions
12.gif
)
60% Table
59.3% Depth
8.05 x 8.08 x 4.78 mm
32.6 Crown Angle
40.8 Pavillion Angle
Slightly Thick Faceted Girdle
Very Good Cut
Very Good Symmetry
Excellent Polish
No Flour
No Culet

HCA:
Very Good Light Return
Excellent Fire
Very Good Scintillation
Excellent Spread

Finally, the big number.... $17,800 Good price? Steal? Am I being robbed blind?
Seriously though, I feel like it''s a little less than a thousand dollars overpriced...
What do ya''ll think?

Woohoo! Finally....... I''m so excited!
Pictures tomorrooooooww
9.gif
36.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It could be a pretty stone by the numbers, albeit a tidge shallow depthed and the crown angle is a bit shallow, but see what you think when you get it - check it out in as many different lights as possible to make sure. The table is also a bit large but some like this look, it could be a very bright and brilliant diamond.

You can check your pricing using the search tool to get an idea, allow a bit extra for brick and mortar pricing compared to the online listings.

cbs102

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats on almost engagement time and for this step in picking out your setting!!!!!! i actually LOVE your sketches ... are you having this done in Ygold, Wgold, plat??? is it going to be eternity style?? i think its beautiful and i cannot wait for it to be made so i can oggle it!!!!!
36.gif

lovelee

Shiny_Rock
It''s here!!

It sparkles like mad! If you move it in the right way in the sun, the diamond almost looks like it''s vibrating.
Inside my apartment, it looks like there are tiny little paparazzi taking photos.
36.gif

The diamond is pretty eye clean. I have to really search for it for several seconds to find the flaws.
From the side and the bottom though, I can see a few dark spots that I hope can be covered by the setting.
I''m not sure if this bothers me that much, but I think I''ll be able to get over it.

Picture 1!!

Diamond 1 002.JPG

lovelee

Shiny_Rock
My main concern is the color. I''ve been looking at E and F color diamonds and this one is a G.
Am I still going to be able to notice the difference once it is in a setting?
Because I can definitely tell now.

This is under the loupe.

Diamond 1 011.JPG

lovelee

Shiny_Rock
Final picture, on my hand.

Keep in mind, it isn''t officially mine so any and all honest opinions are really more than welcome.
My feelings won''t be hurt, I promise!
16.gif

I just have to decide whether I want to keep this one or keep looking.

Thanks so much!!!!

Diamond 1 015.JPG

lovelee

Shiny_Rock
Date: 9/25/2008 7:47:01 AM
Author: Lorelei
It could be a pretty stone by the numbers, albeit a tidge shallow depthed and the crown angle is a bit shallow, but see what you think when you get it - check it out in as many different lights as possible to make sure. The table is also a bit large but some like this look, it could be a very bright and brilliant diamond.

You can check your pricing using the search tool to get an idea, allow a bit extra for brick and mortar pricing compared to the online listings.
I did and it did seem a tad expensive but not too much really. It does sparkle a lot though.

lovelee

Shiny_Rock
Date: 9/25/2008 8:14:43 AM
Author: cbs102
Congrats on almost engagement time and for this step in picking out your setting!!!!!! i actually LOVE your sketches ... are you having this done in Ygold, Wgold, plat??? is it going to be eternity style?? i think its beautiful and i cannot wait for it to be made so i can oggle it!!!!!
36.gif
9.gif
Thank you so much!!! I''m going with white gold. I want the pave to go down 3/4, that way I can still have it sized easily if I needed to.

I dont'' remember who had the ring that was my inspiration but someone on this site had an emerald solitaire with a pave band that was only 1.1 mm.
I''m hoping to have it almost as thin!
1.gif

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
a bit shallow. as long as it doesn't seem dark to you, it's ok.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it looks like a very nice diamond, but what YOU think of it is what matters! Check it out in as many different lights as you can to make sure you like it in the conditions it will be worn in.

MMT

Ideal_Rock
G is plenty white to me.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results