shape
carat
color
clarity

Feel sore... =(

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

gladyskristen

Brilliant_Rock
I really just need to rant and let it out so I''ll feel normal again...

Long story short, dear BF and I broke up our 1-yr long engagement a few mths ago cos we''ve been having a lotta problems in our r/s and were on the verge of breaking up. Now we''re back together, rebuilding our r/s (not engaged) and everything''s going pretty well.

Last night, he mentioned that one of his colleagues wanna get married with his gf of 2 yrs (we''ve been together 5 yrs) some time next yr but has yet to propose, and BF told his colleague that he''ll need to propose soon in order to have enough time to plan for a 2009 wedding. This colleague is the same age as dear BF.

I''m feeling really sore now cos I''m still trying to let myself recover from a broken engagement (even tho we''re still together), and there he was, telling me abt himself advicing someone to propose soon! It''s just so taunting...
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif

SparklyLibra

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/23/2008 9:42:18 AM
Author:gladyskristen
I really just need to rant and let it out so I''ll feel normal again...

Long story short, dear BF and I broke up our 1-yr long engagement a few mths ago cos we''ve been having a lotta problems in our r/s and were on the verge of breaking up. Now we''re back together, rebuilding our r/s (not engaged) and everything''s going pretty well.

Last night, he mentioned that one of his colleagues wanna get married with his gf of 2 yrs (we''ve been together 5 yrs) some time next yr but has yet to propose, and BF told his colleague that he''ll need to propose soon in order to have enough time to plan for a 2009 wedding. This colleague is the same age as dear BF.

I''m feeling really sore now cos I''m still trying to let myself recover from a broken engagement (even tho we''re still together), and there he was, telling me abt himself advicing someone to propose soon! It''s just so taunting...
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif

Gladyskristen,

I don''t know if there is anything I can say to make you feel better, I think only time and taking your r/s one day at a time can do that.

But heres a HUGE CYBER (((((HUG)))))

I hope you feel better soon

SL

gladyskristen

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the hug SL. I really needed it. It''s just so hard taking the big step BACKWARDS in ur r/s and then keep seeing others taking the big step forward. Especially hard when dear BF is the one advicing someone else to take that step!!
15.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sorry to hear that you''re upset. Did your bf say what he was unhappy with when you guys were engaged and are you/he/ both of you fixing those issues? Hopefully your engagement will be back on soon.

gladyskristen

Brilliant_Rock
Hi bee,

Yup, we talked abt what went wrong and r trying to fix things now.

Anyway, I decided to talk to him abt my unhappiness (in a non-threatening manner) and he actually told me that he already knew what he wanna do (i.e. has a TIMELINE for getting engaged), but can't tell me cos it has to b a surprise! WOOHOO!!! I'm feeling giddy from my fluctuation from being sad to suddenly feeling happy again!
19.gif

ETA: I'm still not expecting him to propose soon, but I'm happy to wait, as long as I know that he wants to do it.
21.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Glad to hear that!! And it''s great news that he has a timeline!

dreaming of the day

Shiny_Rock
Yay, I am so happy that you have a timeline. I wish you all the best in your new relationship!

vita*dolce

Brilliant_Rock
yay!! glad to hear you resolved this little hiccup in a happy way!!

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Don't feel badly. You were engaged once, and you were in a relationship that didn't make you happy and didn't work...hence, the breakup. It's wonderful you're working your issues out and getting back on track. Best of luck to you. But don't compair yourself and your relationship to anyone elses....it's unfair and unhealthy.

radiantquest

Ideal_Rock
take it easy honey, things will progress. he already has a timeline so that is def. a step in the right direction for you. im glad you are happy. i was sad for you and then i read down and now we are happy. yay.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results