shape
carat
color
clarity

Question for Coloured Gem Crew . . .?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
multicolor.com
customgemstones.com
gemselect.com

and more...

Kismet

Ideal_Rock

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Freke and Kismet - you guys rock! Thanks!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
I was going to answer you, but the above posters, hit the nail on the head.
36.gif

Linda

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Ooooh, good list. I''m definitely going to save this somewhere.

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Whoa, Lauren, I was just coming over to this forum for that same purpose! Thanks for starting this thread.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/11/2008 8:23:08 PM
Author: Elmorton
Whoa, Lauren, I was just coming over to this forum for that same purpose! Thanks for starting this thread.
I''ve been browsing gem sites all day since I started this thread. I think I have about ~$7k in gems sitting in carts all over the internets.
3.gif

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
LOL! Do you have a specific project in mind?

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just got my setting that I had originally posted asking about cushion cuts. I ended up emailing Jeff White, and asking for a 7 mm Grossular Garnet Asscher, like FacetFire''s.

Now that I have the setting, it really needs a cushion-ey, pillow-ey shape, and I''ll be putting the Jeff White Asscher in a solitaire setting, probably the sleek lines from WF.

So, now I''m on the hunt again for a square cushion with pillow-ey sides - 6.6mm - 7 mm. Possibly pink, purple, pale blue, or green. Budget is ~$450 or less.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here''s a pic of the setting for reference.

012c1.jpg

misspinky

Brilliant_Rock
Alright, I will preface this by saying that I am not good at staying within price ranges. But Richard Homer just posted his new inventory and I scoured it for some cushions that might fit in your ring...

Light blue aqua
http://www.webgraphicsengineering.com/Gemstones/GemPics/4915Aqua.jpg

Okay, this one is way out of your stated price range, but it''s a gorgeous lavendar sapphire with NO HEATING
http://www.webgraphicsengineering.com/Gemstones/GemPics/5650LavSapph.jpg

Pretty blue sapphire (still above price limit---I suck at this)
http://www.webgraphicsengineering.com/Gemstones/GemPics/5520BSapph.jpg

Tsavorite
http://www.webgraphicsengineering.com/Gemstones/GemPics/5516Tsavorite.jpg

Strawberry pink spinel
http://www.webgraphicsengineering.com/Gemstones/detail.cfm?zNum=5725

Verdelite tourmaline
http://www.webgraphicsengineering.com/Gemstones/GemPics/5691gtourm.jpg

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/11/2008 10:55:10 PM
Author: misspinky
Alright, I will preface this by saying that I am not good at staying within price ranges. But Richard Homer just posted his new inventory and I scoured it for some cushions that might fit in your ring...

Light blue aqua
http://www.webgraphicsengineering.com/Gemstones/GemPics/4915Aqua.jpg

Okay, this one is way out of your stated price range, but it''s a gorgeous lavendar sapphire with NO HEATING
http://www.webgraphicsengineering.com/Gemstones/GemPics/5650LavSapph.jpg

Pretty blue sapphire (still above price limit---I suck at this)
http://www.webgraphicsengineering.com/Gemstones/GemPics/5520BSapph.jpg

Tsavorite
http://www.webgraphicsengineering.com/Gemstones/GemPics/5516Tsavorite.jpg

Strawberry pink spinel
http://www.webgraphicsengineering.com/Gemstones/detail.cfm?zNum=5725

Verdelite tourmaline
http://www.webgraphicsengineering.com/Gemstones/GemPics/5691gtourm.jpg
LOL, MissPinky - you are forgiven for not staying within budget - those are merely guidelines . . .
2.gif

I''m loving the pink spinel and the aqua. Hmmmmm . . . thanks so much for posting these - gives me something to think about for sure!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Lauren you have the setting I want! Can I ask where you found it? I''ve decided to get a cushion sapphire from Richard Homer, and mine is lovely and cushiony, 6.9 x 5.5 mm, and I would LOVE a halo setting like what you have.

And I second MissPinky''s recommendations. The sapphire she posted is similar to what I''m getting, so I''m pretty partial to that, but wow, that pink spinel makes my heart ker-thump
30.gif

misspinky

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/12/2008 2:09:59 AM
Author: Brown.Eyed.Girl
but wow, that pink spinel makes my heart ker-thump
30.gif

That spinel was the runner-up for my e-ring stone. I just wanted something a *touch* lighter, but it is still GORGEOUS!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/12/2008 11:22:24 AM
Author: misspinky

but wow, that pink spinel makes my heart ker-thump
30.gif

That spinel was the runner-up for my e-ring stone. I just wanted something a *touch* lighter, but it is still GORGEOUS!

Of course, your pink stone is amazing, MissPinky! Such a beautiful, delicate color - and the cut is WOW! Shows it off soooo well!

Btw, I went back to see what you decided on for your setting. When is it going to be ready? Soon, right? I can't wait to see pictures!

misspinky

Brilliant_Rock
*hopefully* it will be done by the end of the week. Keep your fingers crossed for me

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Fingers, arms, legs and crossed for you!

Oh, and holding thumbs, too!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lauren you have the setting I want! Can I ask where you found it? I've decided to get a cushion sapphire from Richard Homer, and mine is lovely and cushiony, 6.9 x 5.5 mm, and I would LOVE a halo setting like what you have.

And I second MissPinky's recommendations. The sapphire she posted is similar to what I'm getting, so I'm pretty partial to that, but wow, that pink spinel makes my heart ker-thump
30.gif
I found it on Ebay of all places. It's just a generic 7x7 mm cushion, and in fact, I bet if you searched for 7x7mm on Ebay, you'd be able to find the same setting.

I was a bit out off by the name (lord_of_gem_rings
6.gif
), but I've taken it by my jeweler and he was impressed with not only the quality of the setting, but the diamonds are really out of this world sparkly. It obviously needs polishing in the basket, and hopefully my jeweler can recreate the pointy claw prongs I'm looking for, but it's surprisingly nice.

It was an incredibly good price, too.

Good luck!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/12/2008 2:40:57 PM
Author: LaurenThePartier

Lauren you have the setting I want! Can I ask where you found it? I''ve decided to get a cushion sapphire from Richard Homer, and mine is lovely and cushiony, 6.9 x 5.5 mm, and I would LOVE a halo setting like what you have.

And I second MissPinky''s recommendations. The sapphire she posted is similar to what I''m getting, so I''m pretty partial to that, but wow, that pink spinel makes my heart ker-thump
30.gif

I found it on Ebay of all places. It''s just a generic 7x7 mm cushion, and in fact, I bet if you searched for 7x7mm on Ebay, you''d be able to find the same setting.

6.gif
), but I''ve taken it by my jeweler and he was impressed with not only the quality of the setting, but the diamonds are really out of this world sparkly. It obviously needs polishing in the basket, and hopefully my jeweler can recreate the pointy claw prongs I''m looking for, but it''s surprisingly nice.

Good luck!

Thanks for the info Lauren! What a great find! Have you decided on a stone yet?

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
AHHH!!!

Lauren I was watching this setting on eBay, I''m so rapt you have it!! I was a bit iffy on the whole name thing too and therefore skeptical on the quality of the setting, however if you approve of with your fabulous taste I feel much safer!!
36.gif
I might mosey on back there and have another peek
41.gif

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
I was looking at that one too, LOL! I wondered if it was the same setting. Too funny.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/13/2008 2:09:31 AM

Date: 8/12/2008 2:40:57 PM

30.gif

I found it on Ebay of all places. It''s just a generic 7x7 mm cushion, and in fact, I bet if you searched for 7x7mm on Ebay, you''d be able to find the same setting.

6.gif
), but I''ve taken it by my jeweler and he was impressed with not only the quality of the setting, but the diamonds are really out of this world sparkly. It obviously needs polishing in the basket, and hopefully my jeweler can recreate the pointy claw prongs I''m looking for, but it''s surprisingly nice.

Good luck!

Thanks for the info Lauren! What a great find! Have you decided on a stone yet?
I''m still so lost on the stone, but I really want to start wearing this setting soon. I''m thinking I may actually just pick up one of the ACStones Cushion Tourms I was looking at, and have the Jeff White asscher set in a solitaire setting when I get it.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Andi and Dani - ya''ll should get it! Then we could be setting triplets. . . or something.
3.gif

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/13/2008 11:01:47 AM
Andi and Dani - ya''ll should get it! Then we could be setting triplets. . . or something.
3.gif
LOL!!! My jewelry budget is exhausted for the time being, unfortunately. Maybe for Christmas!
11.gif

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a great thread... I knew of a few of these sites..... but not so many! That setting is gorgeous! I may have skipped over what you chose to set in it? ...or have you decided yet??

ETA: I noticed this site wasn't posted www.simplysapphires.com ( how could I forget-especially after my recent sapphire purchase!!)
3.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
OK, so I bought this from ACStones.

T-5910C Mozambique Tourmaline: 1.46 ct.
SKU: T-5910C

Mozambique Tourmaline (J) 1.46 ct. 6.6 mm. [Gec: H] Square cushion cut. Flawless at 10x with slightly yellowish medium green color. BB.

Yay! I can''t wait to see it, and to see if it fits!

T-5910C.jpg

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/13/2008 12:28:47 PM

OK, so I bought this from ACStones.

T-5910C Mozambique Tourmaline: 1.46 ct.
SKU: T-5910C

Mozambique Tourmaline (J) 1.46 ct. 6.6 mm. [Gec: H] Square cushion cut. Flawless at 10x with slightly yellowish medium green color. BB.

Yay! I can''t wait to see it, and to see if it fits!

Yay!!! It looks beautiful! I hope it fits!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results