shape
carat
color
clarity

Dust me!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LeggoMyEggo

Rough_Rock
I''m seriously trying not to expect anything, but my BF is taking me out tomorrow and he''s being very secretive... he says he has a "big surprise" for me. I don''t want to get my hopes up, but... I''m getting my hopes up. LOL

Even though I shouldn''t let myself think about it, send some of that magic dust my way!

ComeFlywMe

Rough_Rock
Trying to not think about it makes it even harder. Best of luck!!!

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
*************LOTS and LOTS and LOTS of DUST!!!*************

Good Luck, girlie!!
1.gif

Patiently_Waiting

Brilliant_Rock
Sending tons of dust your way....

And have a great time, even if it doesn''t happen then, as you know it will be happening soon!
27.gif

KCCutie

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/7/2008 3:55:13 PM
Author: ComeFlywMe
Trying to not think about it makes it even harder. Best of luck!!!

This is so true!

Go get a nice Mani and try to put it out of your mind.

~*~*~*~*DUST DUST and more DUST*~*~*~*~*~

jitterymo

Shiny_Rock
Good Luck, I''ve heard that the number 8 (tomorrow is 8-8-8) is a very lucky number...in the Chinese culture (and since there are people on this site from all over the world, we''ll just pretend that the number 8 is lucky for everyone
emwink.gif
tomorrow!!!)...

Eight is considered a lucky number in Chinese culture because it sounds like the word "prosper" or "wealth". - wikipedia

so once again, good luck I wish you lots of *DUST*

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Sending lots of dust your way! Here''s hoping he isn''t just taking you to yum cha for the Olympic celebrations hey - sometimes men have a different idea of ''big suprise'' don''t they
2.gif
9.gif

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
lots of dust for a WONDERFUL evening no matter the surpise!

Blair138

Brilliant_Rock
Lots of *********DUST!!!********

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Sending TONS of dust your way sweetie!

Good luck!!!!!
9.gif

EmptyLeftHand

Shiny_Rock
Have a fun night....with lots of dust coming your way!

LeggoMyEggo

Rough_Rock
Hmmm, I got an error the first time I tried to post, so here goes attempt #2:

Thank you for all the support ladies! Unfortunately I got a hint out of him about the surprise and I''m about 99% sure tonight is not the night. I expected to be more disappointed, but instead I''m finding myself just incredibly happy to have such a wonderful man in my life. Whatever he has planned seems like it will be very fun and romantic.
1.gif

Thanks again for the dust and wishes!

~LeggoMyEggo
::Throws all the dust in the air to let it fall on all the LIWs on this lucky 8/8/08::

eggy1024

Rough_Rock
in june my bf and i went to arkansas to go digging for diamonds at crater of diamonds state park. you can imagine how many rumors of an upcoming proposal circulated. and i was secretly hoping for one too! one night we took a sunset cruise, and he was sitting next to me, but we were both turned to the side, so i was essentially leaning in to him with my back in his chest (did you follow that?). at one point as the sun was setting, i felt him reach into his pocket...my heart began to pound...i felt him pull something out, and he then put his arm around me to "present" me with something...something none other than the camera that was in his pocket. he wanted to take a self-portrait of us. rats! we laugh about it now tho. just wanted to share my story...and wish you better luck than i had on our trip. here''s to good juju your way. :)

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Well, just in case, I''m still sending dust your way!

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Darn Lego, I''m sorry to hear it wasn''t the big night.

But, you''re not the first LIW to *think* a special night out was code for about-to-be-engaged.

But just remember, one day that moment will come...and one day you''ll be married...and have a house full of children (or not)...but life will get more complicated, you''ll both get busier....and sometime you''ll be sitting around thinking "wow, what I wouldn''t give for my DH to plan a special evening, just the two of us"...and then you''ll laugh....

I always stress that, no matter how much you want more, enjoy what you have. Each step of your relationship is special...just because you''re not engaged doesn''t make your relationship any less special or meaningful. I am so proud of you for taking this incident in stride, for still being happy and excited and for feeling so loved instead of feeling let down.

I''ll still sprinkle you with dust, as I do every single LIW, because marriage is wonderful---and if you want it, you should have it!

LeggoMyEggo

Rough_Rock
You are all so wonderful for being so supportive. I mean I knew the odds were slim, but then again he kept making a big deal out of how amazing the surprise would be and how there was no way I''d see it coming. All his little clues at first made it sound possible. And he''s been VERY interested and inquisitive about details on my ring size and preferences. A girl can dream, right?

It was a great surprise, though! He took me away for the weekend to a bed and breakfast. He thought of everything, too! How he managed to get some of my clothes I will never know... he says he needs to have some secrets. But he had packed a bag for me and everything. He came and got me for a date and the next thing I knew we were driving out of town. He really is wonderfully romantic!

I am a lucky woman... I just want to be a lucky married woman. But for now, I guess I can deal with lucky.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results