shape
carat
color
clarity

Blue Nile

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lottie

Brilliant_Rock

Hello, I am replacing my now lost engagement ring - has anyone used Blue Nile and if you have can you tell me what you thought?

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Lottie,

I haven't used them, but there are several posters who have. If you don't get many responses, just type in "Blue Nile" or "BN" in the search box, and you should get several threads. Many people have been quite pleased.

A couple things to note about them. They don't give as much info as many of us like. If you were to find one you liked, and asked for opinions on it, we won't be able to say much, as they don't provide Idealscope and ASET pics and reports like some of the other vendors. On such an important purchase, you might want to consider other vendors also. They will not sell a setting without buying the stone from them, but they will sell a diamond without a setting. Also, they do not have an upgrade policy like some do, and lastly, there have been a few posters who were told their SI1 stones were eyeclean when in fact they weren't. That's not a huge deal, as they do have a good return policy, but it does waste time and money.

Here's a list of vendors, and if you do searches on them, you'll get lots of info.

HTH!

https://www.pricescope.com/dealers.asp

ETA If your sig means you are looking at ovals, they are even harder to buy online. I would suggest Goodoldgold for an oval. They will find you some and actually do a video for you to compare.

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I purchased five stones from Blue Nile between last Fall and early Spring, but they were .30 pointers for my anniversary band. I didn''t have any problems with them at all and they assured me that if I wasn''t happy with a particulat stone, that I could send it back for a full refund, no questions asked. I did in all cases, have the stones sent back to their lab to be checked for eye cleanliness (they were all SI1s) which is a free service they provide.

Having said all that........ if I were buying a single stone for my engagement ring, I would check out vendors like Whiteflash and Good Old Gold because they will provide you with everything that Ellen mentioned (Idealscope and ASET images), where Blue Nile will not. Also, I''d want to buy from a vendor who had an upgrade policy. I never considered that myself for my engagement ring stone in my pre-Pricescope days because I thought I''d want to keep it forever, and now I''m sorry because I''m getting a bad case of upgrade fever.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/1/2008 4:15:41 PM
Author: gemgirl
I purchased five stones from Blue Nile between last Fall and early Spring, but they were .30 pointers for my anniversary band. I didn''t have any problems with them at all and they assured me that if I wasn''t happy with a particulat stone, that I could send it back for a full refund, no questions asked. I did in all cases, have the stones sent back to their lab to be checked for eye cleanliness (they were all SI1s) which is a free service they provide.

Having said all that........ if I were buying a single stone for my engagement ring, I would check out vendors like Whiteflash and Good Old Gold because they will provide you with everything that Ellen mentioned (Idealscope and ASET images), where Blue Nile will not. Also, I''d want to buy from a vendor who had an upgrade policy. I never considered that myself for my engagement ring stone in my pre-Pricescope days because I thought I''d want to keep it forever, and now I''m sorry because I''m getting a bad case of upgrade fever.
What she said, LOL.

Best of luck with your search!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results