shape
carat
color
clarity

911 Please HELP Engagement Ring is Off Center

Chylln603

Rough_Rock
Hey everyone!

I just went through a long 2 month process of making a custom engagement ring for my soon to be fiancé and just received delivery of the ring today. Originally the jeweler sent me CADs of the design and had a wax figure made that I approved. Upon receiving the ring I noticed that there is a VERY obvious misalignment of the ring. It is not near symetrical (see pics below). I'm worried this is going to make the ring look awkward. I spend a lot of money on this ring and $3,000 on the custom setting alone. Before I contact the jewler who made the ring, I want to know, can this be fixed? If so, how? And will this be costly. If so, I will probably ask the jewler who made it to cover the cost to repair it.

Cheers,
Matt

image_892.jpg
image_894.jpg
image_895.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am not seeing anything in the top or middle pictures. The ring needs to be straight so the line goes up through that center point between the prongs.

The last picture does show the head slightly tilted. But I am not sure if that can be seen in real life viewing or not.

The ring would have to be remade to fix it, I would think. It's just hard for me to say whether I think it needs to be remade without seeing it at a normal viewing distance. If they do remake it, it appears that the pave shank goes all the way around and that is not a good idea since rings often have to be sized at some point. It needs a plain metal area like from 5-7:00 at the bottom to allow for sizing (or even 5:30-6:30).

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's hard to tell what's going on in the first illustration because your "guy line" is aligned with one of the prongs; it should go through the center of the basket motif and the center of the stone. Your last picture does seem to indicate a mis-alignment, but it I can't be sure that it's not influenced by the camera angle. I know from personal experience that when you're looking at jewelry that closely, it's easy to get fixated on a perceived flaw that others just don't see. It might help to get a second "in person" opinion if you can.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree with the above posts. I think the twisted band may be throwing off the look of the symmetry but it may still be
symmetrical. More images with lines going straight up the center of the basket may help.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results