shape
carat
color
clarity

90's remake into a Deco Dream

blingmeupscotty

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I purchased this second hand a while ago. She's so heavy, with 18k yg. The center is a little over 3cts and the side princess cuts were 2mm each. I took it to my guy, showed him the inspiration and he's remaking this beauty with the original gold. I'm still about 2 weeks out, but received the cads over the weekend. What you don't see is the milgrain, that goes on after. The band will not be soldered, and it' won't be in a guard format. It will be 3 separate pieces. For the ultimate personal touch, my name will be inscribed in scroll detail. A true one of a kind :geek: The top right is the original ring, the lower right was the inspiration.
90s remake.jpg

View attachment 502960

View attachment 502961

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's going to be stunning.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is fabulous! What size is the centre stone? I'll also be following to see how well your jeweller re-sets those invisible set princess cuts. I've been told by 2 different jewellers that they are unable to re-set mine from my original engagement ring due to the grooves drilled in the sides. I wonder if they've finally found a way around it? Exciting!!

blingmeupscotty

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
The center is a 3.01 :) He did have to scrap the first mold. He realized he had to thicken the shank to make everything sit flush with the knife edge, or something to that effect. I can't wait to see how it turns out myself.

This is fabulous! What size is the centre stone? I'll also be following to see how well your jeweller re-sets those invisible set princess cuts. I've been told by 2 different jewellers that they are unable to re-set mine from my original engagement ring due to the grooves drilled in the sides. I wonder if they've finally found a way around it? Exciting!!

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looking forward to seeing the finished ring - love the proportions on your Marquise!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Man that is wonderful, I like everyone else, can't wait to see the final product.

blingmeupscotty

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
The molds are signed off on. The [surprised myself as well] side bands will be made into one ring guard, that's how I originally requested it-and that's how he printed the mold. I'm pretty geeked. It gets cast this evening, q&a and polish in the next day or two. I wouldn't doubt it if it was done by Friday. Let's cross our fingers.

plpinkinsa

Rough_Rock
:love::love:
The molds are signed off on. The [surprised myself as well] side bands will be made into one ring guard, that's how I originally requested it-and that's how he printed the mold. I'm pretty geeked. It gets cast this evening, q&a and polish in the next day or two. I wouldn't doubt it if it was done by Friday. Let's cross our fingers.
I need to see the finished product ASAP :love:

blingmeupscotty

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I got a video of the molds yesterday, I'll try to get some stills. It was cast today.. and now .. I have to freaking wait. I told him I would leave him alone until Monday and he then responds "that means Friday in your terms.. so I'll wait to hear from you then" lol.

blingmeupscotty

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
So the middle bar in the wrap mold is for strength when casting, it will be removed once complete. There are gaps between the side stones on the main shank per my request, and the milgrain will go onto everything when it's done.

Region Capture.jpg

blingmeupscotty

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
After many days of radio silence [my jeweler and I have an understanding.. I understand how to nag him.. and he understands how to ignore me..it's a perfect arrangement because im a huge pita].. today he threw me a crumb. The diamonds are in, he needs to polish, milgrain and qc. I may have it by tomorrow cob. I won't get my hopes up.. but it's nice to have company in waiting as well. :mrgreen2:

blingmeupscotty

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
From start to finish.. here she is.. I had very little time for a photo shoot. I admit....was a little teary when I picked it up.

Attachments

• 021.JPG
    021.JPG
    166.1 KB · Views: 12

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations - they did a fantastic job!

blingmeupscotty

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I am mildly annoyed that I have the sketchers s on my knuckle...:lol-2:

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Amazing! What a transformation & what a stunner!!

blingmeupscotty

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Thank you ladies.... I still can't believe she is mine.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow - it really turned out great! Lots of bling and sparkle for you!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! What an upgrade!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOVE this ring! :love::love::love: It is absolutely gorgeous - it's blingy and bold, but somehow still manages to look delicate and very feminine. I'm not really expressing myself well, I hope you get what I'm saying lol! It's a stunning piece and looks fabulous on you!

blingmeupscotty

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Thank you so much. Yes I know exactly what you mean. I've created many pieces throughout the years. This is the first real execution that is one of a kind and all mine. I'm very lucky !!

LOVE this ring! :love::love::love: It is absolutely gorgeous - it's blingy and bold, but somehow still manages to look delicate and very feminine. I'm not really expressing myself well, I hope you get what I'm saying lol! It's a stunning piece and looks fabulous on you!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results