shape
carat
color
clarity

8ct emerald and diamond Art Deco platinum ring

Pinkmartini87

Brilliant_Rock
Tried this on today at my local antique jewelry shop. Over 8 carats of emerald, with additional diamonds on each side in platinum. No certifications whatsoever unfortunately so no idea re treatment to emerald.

I loved how BIG the emerald is. Emerald does have a window and some horizontal inclusions across the face that’s a little distracting, but I love the design.

Wanted to share the eye candy. Picture somehow is very blue-ish tinted. In real life the emerald is more of a medium green. Not a lot of glow due to large window but very translucent/not much inclusions other than the one I mentioned above, reminds me of a swimming pool rippling under a hot summer sun ☀

Their asking price: $12500. Very kind of them to let me try it on and play with it, even though it was likely clear to them that I was not going to buy.

144E50F2-558E-4C95-87CC-FEB4EF79E539.jpeg 2E0D9D56-8624-46BC-B3A6-C4FF1C1CA8B4.jpeg

Last edited:

joelly

Ideal_Rock
Tried this on today at my local antique jewelry shop. Over 8 carats of emerald, with additional diamonds on each side in platinum. No certifications whatsoever unfortunately so no idea re treatment to emerald.

I loved how BIG the emerald is. Emerald does have a window and some horizontal inclusions across the face that’s a little distracting, but I love the design.

Wanted to share the eye candy. Picture somehow is very blue-ish tinted. In real life the emerald is more of a medium green. Not a lot of glow due to large window but very translucent/not much inclusions other than the one I mentioned above, reminds me of a swimming pool rippling under a hot summer sun ☀

Their asking price: $12500. Very kind of them to let me try it on and play with it, even though it was likely clear to them that I was not going to buy.

144E50F2-558E-4C95-87CC-FEB4EF79E539.jpeg 2E0D9D56-8624-46BC-B3A6-C4FF1C1CA8B4.jpeg

Wow it’s magnificent!!!!!

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Amazing ring! The price doesn’t seem too bad either?

Pinkmartini87

Brilliant_Rock
Amazing ring! The price doesn’t seem too bad either?

Thanks! To be honest I’m not sure if it’s a good price. Maybe some of the other more knowledgeable colored stones veterans can chime in.

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
For this size and treatment, cut and color are the difference between a four-figure and a six-figure stone. I don't think anyone can make that call with cell phone photos.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results