shape
carat
color
clarity

54 table, 62 depth? your comments appreciated...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

caligirl08

Rough_Rock
Hi Pser''s, wondering if you could share your thoughts on this one:

table: 54
depth: 62
crown angle: 34.5
pavilion angle: 40.6
GIA: excellent (vg symmetry and polish)

Is the table too small, too much depth? I realize it''s on the borderline of some ideal specs, but wondering if visually i''ll be able to notice the difference.

Also, if I am comparing two diamonds that have almost the same measurements/diameter, will they most likely look the same size? I read that a larger table can give the illusion of bigger size, but i''m assuming the difference isn''t going to be that great if the diameter is the same.

thanks in advance for your time!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Your diamond has lovely proportions, it should be very nice looking in person. It might face up a tiny bit smaller than stones in the 60-61% range with tables that are 55-57...but I love smaller tables personally and would dig the proportions of your stone!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Smaller table = more FIRE! Is that bad?
3.gif

ETA score a .8 on the HCA, it should be lovely, do you have a picture or a idea scope image?

heb1976

Shiny_Rock
My diamond has a the following dimensions...
T%-55
D%-61.8
c angle-34.5
p angle-40.6

It seems very similar to yours and is a gorgeous diamond and I LOVE smaller tables. The only difference is mine is a triple ex GIA so I don''t know how that would affect the performance of this diamond. All diamonds do have different personalities, even ones with the same dimensions so I would give it the eyeball test before making a decision. Good luck!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/1/2008 9:31:40 PM
Author:caligirl08
Hi Pser''s, wondering if you could share your thoughts on this one:

table: 54
depth: 62
crown angle: 34.5
pavilion angle: 40.6
GIA: excellent (vg symmetry and polish)

Is the table too small, too much depth? I realize it''s on the borderline of some ideal specs, but wondering if visually i''ll be able to notice the difference.

Also, if I am comparing two diamonds that have almost the same measurements/diameter, will they most likely look the same size? I read that a larger table can give the illusion of bigger size, but i''m assuming the difference isn''t going to be that great if the diameter is the same.

thanks in advance for your time!
The depth is fine, and the numbers are excellent on this diamond - no need to worry!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results