shape
carat
color
clarity

Holloway Cut Adviser?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

purpleshirt

Shiny_Rock
This is a diamond I once considered before I found PS, but ended up buying a different one at a local B/M store.
It's a 0 ideal diamond. I thought I'd plug it in just to see how it scored to the one I ended up buying.
link to diamond

But when I plug it into the cut advisor, it says it scores "2.4 - Very Good - Worth buying if the price is right"

I guess my question is what is the difference btwn an ideal cut diamond and an AGS 0? I would think based on its cut and other measurements that it would have done better on the score?? Or did I plug it in wrong? I pulled the info from the AGS cert. listed on the site

BTw, My diamond scored a 1.4.

thank you. I want to figure this out because I will never be done buying diamonds
9.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/25/2008 1:29:26 PM
Author:purpleshirt
This is a diamond I once considered before I found PS, but ended up buying a different one at a local B/M store.
It's a 0 ideal diamond. I thought I'd plug it in just to see how it scored to the one I ended up buying.
link to diamond

But when I plug it into the cut advisor, it says it scores '2.4 - Very Good - Worth buying if the price is right'

I guess my question is what is the difference btwn an ideal cut diamond and an AGS 0? I would think based on its cut and other measurements that it would have done better on the score?? Or did I plug it in wrong? I pulled the info from the AGS cert. listed on the site

BTw, My diamond scored a 1.4.

thank you. I want to figure this out because I will never be done buying diamonds
9.gif
If you mean the diamond you linked above, it scored 1.7 on the cut advisor, what numbers did you enter?

But to answer your question, the term Ideal Cut can be used loosely by some, so you need to consider that in some cases, just because a diamond is touted as an Ideal Cut, it is no guarantee of a well cut stone. AGS0 are awarded the coveted 0 cut grade for proven cut and light performance, so you are mostly assured that one of these diamonds should be a great looking diamond. So basically you need to check out any diamond advertised as an Ideal Cut carefully, and consider the source, then evaluate each diamond on it's own proportions.

purpleshirt

Shiny_Rock
The AGS cert said it is ideal...., and no, the 1.4 score is the diamond I ended up buying, not the one I linked to. The "ideal diamond got the 2.4 score

thx.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I also got 1.7 for the diamond you linked. It''s a great stone!

table 56

depth 61.5

crown angle 34.4

pav angle 41

purpleshirt

Shiny_Rock
oh I see...Guess I put in an incorrect number. I'll redo it. Thanks
1.gif
that makes more sense

ETA--I plugged in numbers from the Megascope and the numbers don't seem to match based on the numbers on the first page and the Megascope???The Megascope numbers give me the higher score

MegaScope

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/25/2008 2:54:14 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
I also got 1.7 for the diamond you linked. It's a great stone!

table 56

depth 61.5

crown angle 34.4

pav angle 41
Thanks DS!

edy

Rough_Rock
Looks like the .1 degree difference on the pavilion changes this particular diamond from 1.7 to the 2.4 that you''re seeing. I''m going to guess that it might be due to the calibration being slightly off on the megascope? I''m sure others can chime in here.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results