shape
carat
color
clarity

Insurance Procedure

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

me1234

Rough_Rock
Can someone help me with the process of getting a ring insured? Once I buy the ring, I would like to get it taken care of immediately. Will renter''s insurance cover it before the two of us move in together? Would it have to go under her insurancwe if it''s under her roof? Thanks

Boulder

Shiny_Rock
Based on discussions on the board before, your renter's insurance will not cover the ring if it's under her roof. Also, you'd have to check the renter's insurance to see exactly how they deal with replacement if the ring was lost or stolen--sometimes it's less desirable than others.
I'm in the same boat as you, but the most mentioned jewelry insurance companies that I've seen mentioned are Jeweler's Mutual and Chubb's. I need to look into that shortly myself.
read.gif

me1234

Rough_Rock
Can you just get a separate insurance policy for the ring with Chubb?

Boulder

Shiny_Rock
That's my understanding, but perhaps someone else on this board has first-hand experience. Anyone?

chrispassmore

Rough_Rock
I've actually been working on insuring the e-ring as we speak. Basically, Chubb has stated that they only insure rings purchased through Blue Nile. But, thats only if you contact Chubb directly. If you go through one of their local agents you can insure the ring at a value you select (i.e. not necessarily appraised value). I recently called about a separate policy for the ring and it would cost about $200 a year for a ring valued at $10K.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results