shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I''m all skittish...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

shurikt

Rough_Rock
Ok, so with everyone's tireless assistance, I managed to get a stone and a setting. The stone is absolutely magnificent, and I keep creeping my fiancee out with the whole "my preciousssssss" routine. Still, we were in a bookstore the other day that had some funny kind of spotlights in it, and I thought the lasers shooting out of her e-ring were going to blind everybody in a 10 yard radius. Thanks guys and gals. That's awesome.

Anyway, we're past the diamond part and into the band part.

Her band was easy, it came as a matching set with the e-ring. (Vatche X-prong... a Pricescope special) But mine is a little different. I found it at a giant chain store, which immediately makes me think I'm getting screwed, even if there isn't a diamond involved. Is there any way to check the price of a wedding band, just to make sure that what I'm going to pay isn't totally out of the ballpark? I haven't seen the ring anywhere else (although I'm sure other people have it) so I don't have a model name to shop around with. I do, however, know who the designer is.

Any ideas on how to start checking around? Any "wholesale" ring warehouses that anybody knows of? As long as the local guy's prices aren't totally out of the ballpark, I'll probably get it there, I just want to be careful with my cash. He did look a little disappointed when he found out I didn't buy the e-ring there. hahahaha.
11.gif

shurikt

Rough_Rock
*cough*

(oh, did that bump the message? oops....)

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Can't be of much help with the pricing (search the net for the designer info if that helps..visit some retailers who sell their items for a retail pricing sanity check)....but I can definitely relate to the love of the stone... as we also did the 'my preccciousss' thing too for the first month or so.
2.gif

trichrome

Shiny_Rock
3 factors affect the price of a wedding ring:

1) The weight : you should not pay more than a certain
number of dollars per gram of gold

2) 14 (15$ per g) or 18K (20$ per g)

3) The design

Trichrome.

fuffi

Shiny_Rock
I'm not sure what kind of wedding band you are looking for, but the following sites have a large selection of basic (a few designer) bands which I found helpful when I was sourcing gold and platinum bands.

www.e-weddingbands.com
www.iweddingband.com
www.1weddingband.com
www.favoritejewelry.com

shurikt

Rough_Rock
[FONT=Arial,]I found the product number, it's a Christian Bauer # 0273410. It's 6.0mm and in Platinum.

Since I can only find it at one B&M store, I'm wondering if the $1385 they want for it is reasonable.

[/FONT]
027341-1.jpg

fuffi

Shiny_Rock
I did a Google search for 'Christian Bauer ring". There aren't many places selling Christian Bauer online, and my guess is the price you were quoted is the price set by CB inc.

Mexi

Shiny_Rock
It is on the Solomon Bros site for $1,480.

shurikt

Rough_Rock
Excellent, thanks.

astogie

Rough_Rock
For great price and service on Men's Bauer rings give Mitch @ Weddingringhotline.com a call...great sevice and better prices.

You wont save 30-40% like you can on a diamond vs. B&M but you will save...

PS...I love the "fiberglass" finish on that ring....

trichrome

Shiny_Rock
You will pay 3 times what it is really worth...
It should cost around 500-600$US for both rings in plat.

Trichrome.

astogie

Rough_Rock
Hey Tri,

Are you talking about raw material costs/value vs. selling cost for the rings? I am wondering because if I can find "both rings" for $500-$600 in Plat I would buy them!!

Just courious,

trichrome

Shiny_Rock
No it's price for rings that you'll find in
jewelry stores...

Come to Montreal and I'll show you where you can
buy them....

You can find here rings with very appealing design
6 mm thick weighting at least 15grams for both
for no more than 350$US in 18K gold..plat also available.

Trichrome.

Be aware i'm not the one who's selling them.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results