shape
carat
color
clarity

russian diamonds

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

paulmed

Rough_Rock
I recently purchased a diamond cross. 2.90cts vs G princess cut diamonds. My jeweler said they were russian diamonds and said they''re one of the best in the world..better than africa. Can you give me some info on russian diamonds versus african diamonds. The diamonds are so brilliant to the point i thought they were fake. I looked at the diamonds under a loupe and they indeed were real. Can someone inform meon theses diamonds?

DiamondExpert

Brilliant_Rock
An accurately graded G, VS, equally well cut Princess from Russia is the same as one from Africa or anywhere else in the world.

Diamonds should be judged individually, not by general origin...could be hype to justify charging you a premium.

Summer

Rough_Rock
Hi Paul,

I have diamond stud earrings that were described to me as Russian cut and was told Russian diamonds were the finest you could get. They are beautiful!! The numbers on my cert. equate to an ideal cut.

I would have to agree with the poster above, that a well cut diamond probably can come from any origin. I think a long time ago, however, Russia was known (and probably still is...I'm a novice speaking hear) for well cut diamonds and some still choose to promote that fact. I think it's just semantics. Enjoy your purchase!
appl.gif

Summer

Rough_Rock
By the way a trusted friend got my Russian diamonds from the NY Diamond District where they do have everything! Just curious where your jeweler is.
2.gif

paulmed

Rough_Rock
I got the cross in brooklyn from my jeweler who I've made plenty of purchases from.If i can ,I will try to post a pic.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results