shape
carat
color
clarity

Good Proposal Idea?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

waynenewton

Rough_Rock

My girlfriend and I have been dating for about 16 months and I’m planning on proposing this weekend. I’ve come up with an idea but I want everybody’s opinion as to whether or not it’s a good idea or not. We live 2 ½ hours away from each other but we see each other every weekend. A few times each month my company will send me to her City to work for because they know I don’t mind going on there. I told her today that I am coming down on Thursday evening because I have to work there on Friday when actually I took Friday off of work.

Throughout our relationship I have saved various ticket stubs, receipts, and other things to remember some of the memories we have created. I am in the process of making a scrapbook of these things along with pictures of us from the past 16 months. While she’s at work I’m going to decorate her bedroom in her apartment by laying flower petals all over the floor and having some huge mylar balloons in the corners of the room. I’m going to put black tarps over the window so that the sun doesn’t get in an I’m going to light candles around the room for a more romantic feel. I’m going to have the scrapbook laying in the middle of the room for her to see and look at. We went to College together but didn’t start dating until a year after we both graduated. There is a brick plaza at our College that you can put your name an year on a brick if you donate a certain amount. I recently donated enough to put both our names with my last name and our graduating year. A picture of this brick is going to the be the last thing in the scrapbook. After she sees that I plan on coming out of the closet I’m going to hide in dressed in a suit and tie, pouring out my feelings to her, and getting on one knee and proposing to her. Good idea?

I’m going to borrow my sister’s camcorder and hide it in the corner so that we forever have the whole thing on camera.

Just_Me

Shiny_Rock
I think it is a beautiful idea!! I love it!
30.gif

Good luck!

AStack75

Shiny_Rock
You might scare the crap out of her when you come out of the closet though. Dark apartments and people surprisingly coming out of closets sounds like a scary thing for a woman.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That sounds really romantic and thoughtful! I really love the brick idea. I would not hide in her closet though. I would change that part.

jitterymo

Shiny_Rock
I love the scrapbook idea, as i LOVE to scrapbook!!!

I would just melt if my BF did this for a proposal...sounds like you and your GF have a lot in common with me and my BF!

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
I think it sounds absolutely lovely. I would melt into a pile of goo if my boyfriend proposed to me like that.
1.gif

honey22

Ideal_Rock
I love it too! But I am not crash-hot about the jumping out of the closet thing. I would never be able to sleep in a room with a closet again. Can you just ring the bell or loudly come through the front door at the right time?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results