shape
carat
color
clarity

Tuxes or Suits?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
Okay - so the next thing on my list is to get the groomsmen/groom''s attire organized. FI and I went to the local tux rental spot and boy was I disappointed. Nothing seemed to fit very well and all the material was rough and scratchy. I don''t think it helps that he dresses in great suits every day, so the tux was quite the step down.

It crossed our minds that maybe he should just wear his formal black suit or get a new one made. It fits him soooo much better and looks so great on him.

Our plan was for him to wear a regular tie anyways, so I think it would look good.

What do you think - would it look good or bad? Our wedding is formal, but not black tie. Only person I think who will forsure wear a tux is my dad.

What did you ladies do? Tuxedos or nice black suits?

Thanks!

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
Nice black suit!!! Or buy a tux...

goldenstar

Brilliant_Rock
FI is doing a nice black suit. I''ve heard its definitely the thing these days. Our photographer and wedding planner agree.

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
I told my FI it's up to him. He has to wear a tux several times a week because of the type of work he does, and I know he's not excited about wearing one for the wedding. Plus, IMO his work tux is only fit to be seen from afar at this point, so he'd have to either get a new one (not a bad idea anyway, but not a battle I'm going to fight) or rent one. But he recently got a really beautiful (read: cost more than my entire wardrobe) suit and I think we'll both be perfectly happy if he wears that, so I'm pretty sure that's what he'll end up doing.

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks girls - so do you think that if all the guys wore their own black suits, it would look okay even if they were all subtly different?

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Black suits? Perfect. Even if they are slightly different.

I''m going to put D into either a black suit or a black pinstriped suit with the opposite shirt. We might have 2 attendants, and I expect black pants with black w/pinstriped shirts from them.

D has to go job hunting around the time we''ll be getting married so I''m going to make him buy a new suit. Actually it''ll probably be my dad that makes him buy the suit because my dad is WAY TOO into that stuff. Then again he has to wear them everyday, so he''s not afraid of buying the nice ones like D will be.

dogmama

Shiny_Rock
I agree. Black suits. It''s better to get something that he feels comfortable in and also fits him like a glove! The last thing you want is some weird photo of a tuxedo bunching up in all the wrong places!! *eek*

E B

Ideal_Rock
I think it depends on the feel of the wedding, but a nice black suit sounds like a great option.

My husband wore a chocolate brown suit for our outdoor, fall wedding. A tux would have been too formal/out of place.

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for all of the advice - I think we will try one more tux rental place that is supposedly higher end - if that doesn''t work, we''ll go with the black suits.

What would I do without you girls to ask these questions to!?

Sassee

Shiny_Rock
My FH is having a new tuxedo custom-made and his groomsmen are hiring from the same store. However, we have made our wedding "black tie" so all of the male guests are expected to wear a tux. My FH was adament that he wanted a formal occasion so that''s what we are having!

Hopefully you can find a nicer hire-shop that might do better quality hire-tuxes.

basil

Brilliant_Rock
Fiance was pretty adamant that he wanted to wear a tux...he ended up buying a basic one from Mens'' Wearhouse...He actually only needed a few alterations cause he''s a pretty standard size, so I think he would be okay in a rented one, but he wanted to own one.

If it had been all up to me, he''d have worn a great black suit, though.

espressa

Shiny_Rock
We''ve been wondering about this as well. The wedding will be formal (my dress is rather formal, with a lot of beading) so we figure we probably have to have them in tuxes, but it would be a lot more convenient if FI and his best man (who is the only groomsmen, it''s a small wedding) could wear suits.

The wedding is in Italy, ceremony is at the Cortona town hall at 3pm (so daytime wedding), but the reception is at a castle and will be starting probably about 4:30 to 5pm with cocktails and hors d''oeuvre then dinner will start around 6ish. The setting is definitely formal, and we''re serving dinner and not lunch, but they would need two week rentals on the tuxes and I''m guessing that would be a lot more expensive.

Also, FI''s best man already has a nice black suit that he could wear (and would really prefer not to spend the money to rent a tux, since it''s already costing a lot for him to come to Italy, and he is also getting married this year), and it would make more sense for FI to just buy a really nice black suit instead of renting a tux. But it seems like FI has to wear a tux, and if he wears a tux then his best man should as well.

Any ideas/opinions? Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results