shape
carat
color
clarity

Aisle runner for outdoor wedding

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Kimberly44

Rough_Rock
I''m getting married October 12 of this year, and we are having a fairy tale fall wedding theme. We have a beautiful spot picked out at Livingston State Park in Livingston Texas, they have a pavlin we can rent for 100.00 for the whole day. Tables, chairs etc.. all that we need, except to decorate it up for the reception. Sorry getting off the subject, there is a trail to the spot where we are doing our vows, it is on a cliff over looking the lake with a hundred year old oak tree. I will have a trellis all fixed up for us to stand under. Now from where the trail ends, which the trail is beautiful because the trees have grown over it like a canopy it''s awesome) to where the trellis will be I was thinking of a aisle runner for the wedding party to walk up, and then me. But I have been reading the post in here about them, brides tripping, things happening. I am wondering if it would be a good idea to use one. Any thoughts on this would be so helpful.
Thanks
Kim

violet02

Ideal_Rock
My planner said NO WAY when I asked her... some places won''t allow you to use them also. They are a hazard supposedly and definitely can cause people to trip, your heels to get caught up in them etc. That''s just what I was advised.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/10/2008 2:13:09 PM
Author: violet02
My planner said NO WAY when I asked her... some places won't allow you to use them also. They are a hazard supposedly and definitely can cause people to trip, your heels to get caught up in them etc. That's just what I was advised.
I was advised the same thing I'm doing flower petals in the aisle. Lovely and SAFE.

Here's a thread with different pics of flower petal aisle styles. I THINK we are doing the 'gutter' style.

http://www.weddingbee.com/2007/06/28/petal-aisle/

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Yep, I am also planning on doing petals as well for the outdoor site.

Kimberly44

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the advice. Now I have to come up with another idea lol.
Kim

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Hmmm. Fairytale theme right? It''s october. Hmm...what about leaves would they clash with the theme you think? What colors are your theme?

GarysBride

Shiny_Rock
We were married out doors as well in a park in san diego! My husband "wanted" an aisle runner but then quickly changed his mind after he saw the video of each bridesmaid and bride(including me) completely EAT IT at my friends wedding which was located on a grass lawn with an aisle runner..... ASDFLJHHK!@#@$%!!!
38.gif
we chose to do rose petals for ours. It was much safer and I wore ballet flats instead of heels for my wedding which was probably my best idea ever! Here is a picture of our aisle my mom decorated it but unfortunately we somehow didn''t get a great picture of the aisle. The second picture is the sand ceremony table that was at the end by the pastor.

normal_IMG_4721.JPG

GarysBride

Shiny_Rock
table

normal_IMG_1833.JPG

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Just wanted to say your wedding was beautiful!
1.gif
36.gif

GarysBride

Shiny_Rock
aww thank you we were definitely blessed with a great (and cheap)location with a gorgeous view!

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
I did an outdoor wedding in October in Texarkana, AR, and I did rose petals. I HIGHLY recommend them! They are very cheap, non-slippery (on grass anyway) and available all year round. And I think they will look very appropriately fairy-tale. I can''t WAIT to see pics of your wedding! The site sounds so lovely!

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
I had an aisle runner, but it was on sidewalk. A friend of mine had one on a gravel area that I believe had a cement base. In those situations, aisle runners will work AOK. I wouldn''t suggest it for softer ground, though!

Courtneylub

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/10/2008 2:16:10 PM
Author: Gypsy

Date: 4/10/2008 2:13:09 PM
Author: violet02
My planner said NO WAY when I asked her... some places won''t allow you to use them also. They are a hazard supposedly and definitely can cause people to trip, your heels to get caught up in them etc. That''s just what I was advised.
I was advised the same thing I''m doing flower petals in the aisle. Lovely and SAFE.

Here''s a thread with different pics of flower petal aisle styles. I THINK we are doing the ''gutter'' style.

http://www.weddingbee.com/2007/06/28/petal-aisle/
Ditto.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results