shape
carat
color
clarity

Does anyone have hand photos of this one of a kind ring?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

huangt0n

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone! I have been a lurker for quite a time on this site, and I wish I found out about this site before I picked out my engagement ring! My ring is being ordered at the moment, and I can''t wait for it to arrive. So to the real issue... I have been in love with one o0f the Tiffany Statement rings that can be seen here http://www.tiffany.com/Engagement/Item.aspx?sku=21248878 (sorry I don''t know how to attach photos yet. I was never able to try on the ring and at one point of my engagement ring picking process, I was considering asking a local jeweler to imitate the design. However, because it was so risky and there were many questions like does the point of the ring actually touch your finger (bc it looks like it from the picture) I did not go this route. However, I''ve always wondered what it would look like in person. I have only seen pictures, but would appreciate it if anyone had a hand shot of this ring? Thanks for your time!

ringster

Brilliant_Rock
welcome huangtOn!

i''m sorry i don''t have the ring but wouldn''t mind if i did :).

it is a gorgeous ring! and it''s a tiffany! if you''ve tried on similar styles like it then i don''t think you have anything to worry about.

are you able to return the ring if you don''t like it? hopefully you can take some handshots when you get it and post the pictures on here. i''d love to see it on someone''s hand.

are you getting the custom 10ct plus ring they mention in the description?? :razz:

ringster

Brilliant_Rock
i just saw your other post and now i am really confused?? did you order this ring from tiffany or did you have it made by someone else???

huangt0n

Rough_Rock
there really wasn''t a ring that was similar to it at all because it was hard to understand the flow of the ring because of the pictures were not 3D (or I am just bad at imagining)... i decided to go with a safer bet - solitare on a shared prong eternity band but i am REALLY NERVOUS about it.... (i made another post on it also today explaining the details).

if i did get it custom made it would have been with a 0.8 stone, which was another reason why i didnt try to imitate it. several jewelers mentioned that the look of the ring would not as fluid and beautiful unless there was a larger stone... i hope i get to see it one day in the future. maybe an upgrade ring to look forward to : )

huangt0n

Rough_Rock
it was made by Bock Co, a wholesale version of Bachendorfs. sorry for being confusing!!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Hello,

I think it sounds like you made the right decision - I would hazard a guess that what the jeweller wanted to say is that such a design may overwhelm a smaller stone (not that 0.8 is anything to cough at, thats a lovely size!). I just think that design was made for a larger stone, so yes an upgrade to look forward to
5.gif
I think when the time comes if you give these pictures to any experienced and reputable jeweller/benchman they should be able to create something very simliar.

Do you have any pics of the kind of ring you are waiting for now? I think it sounds really lovely- I haven''t heard of the company that is making it, however i also don''t live in the states. I think you should relax and wait until you see it - then, if you really don''t like it, worry about changing it then.
1.gif

huangt0n

Rough_Rock
arjunajane - thanks for your input!
The ring that I am waiting for is actually in a post right below this one titled "nervous about engagement ring". But I''ll try to post a picture again on the other link..

sharedprongmatching.jpg

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
No probs...
so here''s the link to ur other thrad for others https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/nervous-about-engagement-ring.82828/
However, I have to say I''m confused too - is the pic you just posted what your ring is based on? Someone else''s ring?
If this is the style of ring you''re having made, then its a lovely choice. May I ask you said you don''t know much about the stone - does it have a certificate ?

March-8-2008

Shiny_Rock
Huangt0n, are you here in Dallas? I looked at Bock for my ring but got a much better deal on the same setting at Bailey Banks & Biddle.

Welcome to Pricescope!!

21.gif
21.gif
21.gif
21.gif

huangt0n

Rough_Rock
No it does not have a certificate but the jeweler said she went to GIA school and that seemed just as reasonable for me to get her input. I hope that was the right choice...

huangt0n

Rough_Rock
I am currently in Austin, but yes I went to the store in Dallas. Sad to know that I could have gotten a better deal somewhere else. I did check in other places but really enjoyed the customer service at Bock, and I could not find a better price for rings in Austin. Perhaps I was thrown off the the rings did not cost as much because of my smaller ring size... Do you feel that Bock would produce good quality work? Thanks for your input!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/10/2008 9:56:31 AM
Author: huangt0n
No it does not have a certificate but the jeweler said she went to GIA school and that seemed just as reasonable for me to get her input. I hope that was the right choice...
Ummm. I''m sorry I don''t want to be negative, but there are many many people on here that Will Not buy a diamond unless it is certified - and then it needs to be GIA or AGS.
I understand she told u she went to GIA - but well, big whoop..she is also trying to sell you an expensive ring without any independent input.
Like I said, the last thing I want to do is stress you out at all, but I need to ask - are you able to either
a. Get All the specs on the diamond ??- this means ct weight, true colour and clarity, depth and table %, crown and pavillion angles and any other measurements..that way you can post the info here and the experts can tell you if its s great diamond or no..
b. I have to doubt if this is possible without a cert, so may gut would say..are you able to back out? Have you seen the diamond in varying lighting conditions? (not just under bright store lighting?). Does it perform and sparkle well? Are you happy with it, or are you hesitant?

huangt0n

Rough_Rock
Yea I really wish I knew about this site before I did the purchase. I thought it was ok because she does not receive commission on the sales that she makes and was really unbiased. I do not think I have the opportunity to back out now. However, I checked it with a loop (sp??) and visually could not see any issues with it. Of course I was not very knowledgeable at the time, but I guess I will just wait for the outcome soon and post it on the site...
Thanks

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Cool. I just wrote in your other thread to have an independent appraisal done when it arrives - this will tell you Heaps more than PS can!
5.gif

March-8-2008

Shiny_Rock
Since you''re relatively close to Houston, I''d definitely recommend looking at Whiteflash - but that is based on the hundreds of glowing recommendations I''ve read here, not on personal experience.

I discovered Pricescope after my ring had already been decided on - though I still feel like my husband and I got excellent deals on the stone from Blue Nile and the Tacori setting (30% off!) at Bailey Banks and Biddle.

Bock''s has a decent reputation locally but they couldn''t touch the BB&B price or the Blue Nile price.

From all I have learned here at Pricescope, I would also check Good Old Gold and Pearlman''s Jewelry. I can only speak for my own comfort level, but nowadays I would have no hesitation purchasing online from Whiteflash, Good Old Gold, and Pearlman''s. Their reputations are stellar here on Pricescope.

I will say that Bock did a custom design for my best friend and she looooooves her three-stone engagement ring. The designer who created it for her unfortunately passed away right after he designed it, though. Part of what makes it so special for her is that it is the last of its kind. She has worn her ring for three years now and has been extremely pleased with the craftsmanship. Bock also sourced her diamonds and I have to say that I never knew how a diamond could truly sparkle until I saw HER ring!! I have no idea of her stones'' specs but the stones speak for themselves.

I always thought I would opt for a colored stone engagement ring or a just a plain wedding band and that the allure of diamonds was just a bunch of hooey and marketing..... but my best friend''s ring totally converted me to the dark sparkly side.
11.gif
31.gif

21.gif
21.gif
21.gif
21.gif

March-8-2008

Shiny_Rock
Just went back and reread your newer posts on this thread and I''m needing clarification. Is Bock making that band for you?

ImpatientOne

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/10/2008 9:29:29 AM
Author: arjunajane
No probs...
so here's the link to ur other thrad for others https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/nervous-about-engagement-ring.82828/
However, I have to say I'm confused too - is the pic you just posted what your ring is based on? Someone else's ring?
If this is the style of ring you're having made, then its a lovely choice. May I ask you said you don't know much about the stone - does it have a certificate ?
Yeah, if I'm not mistaken, that picture is of my set! Huangt0n, did you order the Signed Pieces Facets Duo? oh, never mind, i see you are having a modified version custom made!

Can't wait to see pics!

huangt0n

Rough_Rock
The engagement ring will be made by Bock. They are taking a shared prong band (2mm) and adding the diamond head, which I got the idea from the Ritani ring. The diamond head will sit flush with a matching wedding band that is also shared prong. The shared prong band is from a vendor, but I am not sure which one. Supposedly the ring is done and will be mailed to my fiancee. No clue when he will actually propose again though with the real ring this time. I am still worried about the diamond. It was uncertified, but I emailed Bock about my concerns and the jeweler told me that she went to GIA and I guess got it appraised. She said "the facets aligned and the light return was excellent; the table is a great size, and within the range that is most desired." However, after reading the advanced tutorial I think I really need to just see the specs. The jeweler said she will mail the appraisal information along with the ring. As soon as I get the ring the and info, I''ll be sure to post it up to see if I lucked out with the uncertified diamond. Thanks for your comments on Bock, Anne.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/16/2008 1:54:47 AM
Author: huangt0n
The engagement ring will be made by Bock. They are taking a shared prong band (2mm) and adding the diamond head, which I got the idea from the Ritani ring. The diamond head will sit flush with a matching wedding band that is also shared prong. The shared prong band is from a vendor, but I am not sure which one. Supposedly the ring is done and will be mailed to my fiancee. No clue when he will actually propose again though with the real ring this time. I am still worried about the diamond. It was uncertified, but I emailed Bock about my concerns and the jeweler told me that she went to GIA and I guess got it appraised. She said ''the facets aligned and the light return was excellent; the table is a great size, and within the range that is most desired.'' However, after reading the advanced tutorial I think I really need to just see the specs. The jeweler said she will mail the appraisal information along with the ring. As soon as I get the ring the and info, I''ll be sure to post it up to see if I lucked out with the uncertified diamond. Thanks for your comments on Bock, Anne.
Thats good news, I''m glad she''s giving you the info you need!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results