shape
carat
color
clarity

Paid too much?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sparkles2008

Rough_Rock
Hello everyone

I was just wondering if anyone could tell me how much is the average price i should pay for a Lazare Diamond with the following GIA specs:

Carat - 0.83
Colour - H
Clarity - VS2
Cut - Excellent
No fluro

It''s a triple Excellent diamond (Based on GIA grading report) ...... set in a platinum ring.....

Thanks in advance...

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
$3233 + what ever the setting costs.

BlueJeans

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/4/2008 12:33:16 AM
Author: strmrdr
Wow strmrdr- your good!

Right down to the dollar- Humm I would have had no clue- I think I''ve only heard of a lazare diamond once.
1.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
You can pricescope your stone at the top of PS to see what similar stones are going for. I am a big fan of Lazare stones, I sold them back when I was in retail.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/4/2008 12:36:15 AM
Author: BlueJeans

Wow strmrdr- your good!

Right down to the dollar- Humm I would have had no clue- I think I''ve only heard of a lazare diamond once.
1.gif
Wink has an exact comp. that is cut too the numbers that LZ is a lot of the time :}
A lot of LZ stones get sold without the name attached or at least not passed on too the consumer.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Nope guessing it's more than that. True Lazare stones sell at a premium . At least from my experience.

Missrocks

Brilliant_Rock

I'm not 100 percent. But I believe Lazare's will be a bit more expensive than your average GIA XXX. Usually have H&A patterns and would get 0 by AGS standards. I would take a stab and say closer to 3,600.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/4/2008 12:45:37 AM
Author: Missrocks

I'm not 100 percent. But I believe Lazare's will be a bit more expensive than your average GIA XXX. Usually have H&A patterns and would get 000 by AGS standards. I would take a stab and say closer to 3,600.
The comp is h&a... and would get ags0...maybe ags1 its right on the border but the fact of the matter is iv seen a bunch of LZ stones right in that ballpark number wise.

Missrocks

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/4/2008 12:48:43 AM

Date: 3/4/2008 12:45:37 AM
Author: Missrocks

I''m not 100 percent. But I believe Lazare''s will be a bit more expensive than your average GIA XXX. Usually have H&A patterns and would get 000 by AGS standards. I would take a stab and say closer to 3,600.
The comp is h&a... and would get ags0...
My bad.

They usually do sell at a premium. My guess would be the same premium as AGS. Just a guess...

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
I''m guessing around 5k?

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Sparkles, would I be unkind to ask you what you did pay?
Of course, if you don''t want to answer, no wuckkas!
5.gif

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 3/4/2008 12:41:38 AM

Date: 3/4/2008 12:36:15 AM
Author: BlueJeans

Wow strmrdr- your good!

1.gif
Wink has an exact comp. that is cut too the numbers that LZ is a lot of the time :}
A lot of LZ stones get sold without the name attached or at least not passed on too the consumer.

Thanks for the comments Storm. To be fair, my diamond will not command the premium that a Lazare Diamond will although they are probably equally well cut. It is a diamond from a Parcel of Israeli H&A that I bought some years ago before I became so enamored of Paul Slegers work.

Just a comment, in the Trade we often refer to Lazare Diamonds as LK because they used to go by the name of Lazare Kaplan. I don''t think I have ever heard the LZ initial before. Gave me flashbacks to Viet Nam when we referred to Landing Zones as LZ''s.

Wink

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/4/2008 3:08:05 PM
Author: Wink

Thanks for the comments Storm. To be fair, my diamond will not command the premium that a Lazare Diamond will although they are probably equally well cut. It is a diamond from a Parcel of Israeli H&A that I bought some years ago before I became so enamored of Paul Slegers work.

Just a comment, in the Trade we often refer to Lazare Diamonds as LK because they used to go by the name of Lazare Kaplan. I don''t think I have ever heard the LZ initial before. Gave me flashbacks to Viet Nam when we referred to Landing Zones as LZ''s.

Wink
LOL sorry about the flashbacks.
Its what the sales dude that showed some too me referred to them as should know better than too listen too sales dudes lol
locally they are well under hof but a step up price wise from the run of the mill cuts.
I see no value add in brands and a comp is a comp.

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 3/4/2008 3:34:28 PM

Date: 3/4/2008 3:08:05 PM
Author: Wink

Wink
LOL sorry about the flashbacks.
Its what the sales dude that showed some too me referred to them as should know better than too listen too sales dudes lol
locally they are well under hof but a step up price wise from the run of the mill cuts.
I see no value add in brands and a comp is a comp.

LOL, Now I have the "a horse is a horse of course of course" song from the very old TV series Mr. Ed running through my brain...

I do have to disagree with you mildly. I think that some brands have great value, especially in resale, look at the market in used Rolex watches for example. Most people will not know as much about diamonds as you do and are quite willing to pay a little extra for the very real comfort that the brand brings.

Wink

sparkles2008

Rough_Rock
I agree with you Wink about the comfort that a brand brings. I familiarised myself with diamonds before i made my purchase (but not enough to be able to select one based on the cut dimensions etc from a wholesaler / cutter - i wanted one that really really sparkled) - and i tossed up between getting a branded one vs a non branded one... and in the end because of the lack of time, i went with the Lazare diamond (based on comfort - knowing that it woud have an excellent cut and also just compating it against the other non branded diamonds) - it definitely sparkled more than your average non-branded diamond.... however... i know i paid a premium for it.....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results