shape
carat
color
clarity

Sold 8.5-9mm blue round akoya, Japanese, Madama quality

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LT: https://loupetroop.com/listings/loose-stones/8-dot-5-9mm-blue-round-akoya-japanese-madama-quality

I purchased a card of round blue akoya from Takahashi recently, for studs for myself and a few friends. I've got four pearls left over. Any interest?

These pearls were purchased as Madama equivalent quality (but cheaper than certified pearls because no PSL cost). Since I happen to own several certified Madama pearls, I have included comparison photos. Surfaces on all four of these are smooth, lustrous, and 99% unblemished (any blemishes have no impact on appearance at all) - they easily match or exceed quality of my certified Madama. All four show nice "metallic" iridescence with pink overtone.

The pearls may not look round in all photos - camera lens vignetting. They're all round in-person, verified using calipers.

Pearls #3 and #4 are a very nice matched pair. These pearls measure 8.52mm and 8.57mm in diameter. The colour on these is clearly less "blue", more "silvery" - these are beautiful silver neutrals, in my opinion.

Pearl #1 has a strong blue body and bright iridescence, and measures 8.70mm in diameter. Pearl #2 also has a blue body, but less strongly coloured than #1, and #2 also has both pink and green overtones. These pearls are more colourful than #3 and #4, but I'm harder than vendors on matching - I'd call this a 3/4 match. They certainly would look "matched" on the ears with a head in-between, but side by side the observant will note body and overtone colour differences. My photos reflect what I see in-person.

Pearls are half-drilled (0.8mm) and ready for mounting as earrings or pendants. Drilling was done correctly, no issues, and any vendor that deals in pearls will be able to full-drill if desired. These four pearls have never been mounted and are in brand new condition.

Last edited:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
BLUEFS_MadamaComp1.png

BLUEFS_MadamaComp2.png

BLUEFS_Lineup2.png

BLUEFS_Lineup1.png

BLUEFS_Takahashi.png

Last edited:

oceanblue

Shiny_Rock
Hello, I have been trying to stay out of this forum until I teach myself to string pearls (cause I have a chest of unstrung pearls thanks to y'alls beautiful postings). Anyway I think I can handle glue so I sent you an email through Loupetroop this morning. Thanks for posting and offering them up.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’ve gotten a number of emails about these four I’m going to mark them pending here. Thanks to everyone who reached out!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
These have all sold. Reporting this thread ::)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results