shape
carat
color
clarity

Silver shoes details with ivory dress?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

melpla

Shiny_Rock
I haven''t really posted in this area of the site, but I''ve been lurking for a while and getting useful tips from everyone. I''m getting married 6-1-08 and just bought my dress. It''s ivory, and the shoes I am thinking of are actually clear acrylic (which I didn''t think I''d like) with silver straps and a few crystal/rhinestone details on top. The lady at the dress shop said silver did not go with ivory. Has anyone seen this combo work? Since the shoes are mostly clear, and won''t be too visible under my floor length dress, I think they might be okay. My shoes size is a 6, and these shoes look nicely delicate on me.

I''m going to post a couple of pics of the dress and the shoes... I''d love some opinions.

I was thinking that the shoes would actually match my earrings and necklace which are white gold with diamonds (the earrings) and crystal (the necklace)...plus my e-ring is white gold, which i''ll be wearing...

Thanks for the advice!

Here''s the first dress pic--it looks a bit less ivory in this pic...

melpla wedding dress 1.JPG

melpla

Shiny_Rock
The back...

melpla wedding dress 2.JPG

melpla

Shiny_Rock
Here are the shoes

melpla wedding shoes.JPG

melpla

Shiny_Rock
One more of the shoes...

melpla wedding shoes 2.JPG

melpla

Shiny_Rock
I''ll be wearing this necklace...don''t have a pic of the earrings...

Thanks for the feedback!

melpla necklace.JPG

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
I love your dress! And I think the shoes won''t be a problem, especially since no one will really see them, so if they are comfortable, definitely go for it! I had this exact same problem in picking shoes. I have an ivory dress. I''m wearing silver-toned jewelry, but all the silver shoes taht I loved were just TOO silver to be right up against the ivory of the dress. I did find one pair of shoes that seemed to be a combination of sliver and gold tones, but they were too painful. I ended up with pewter shoes, but I think if I was doing something strappy I would have just gone with silver.

partyjewels

Shiny_Rock
I think it should be fine with your dress. Can you purchase the shoes (I didn''t see if you had said that you did already), see how they look with your dress and return them if you don''t like the combination? Sometimes I get it in my head that ivory is a very obvious cream color, but in my mind doesn''t really go with silver (though sometimes it does, lol) but when I was trying on different wedding dresses sometimes you couldn''t even tell if it was white or ivory or something else without seeing it up against another dress that WAS white. So in my rambling there I''m just kinda repeating that I think it''ll be fine, but I think you should check if you can if you think it would bother you if they don''t go together. *nod*

melpla

Shiny_Rock
Thank you both for your advice!! I know what you mean about it being hard to tell white from ivory...I kept thinking the shoes were ivory in the stores, but all were white. And there was a evening bag that looked clearly cream/bone colored to me, and the lady insisted it was silver!

I did buy the shoes, but I can exchange them for something else if I need to (can''t get cash refund). They didn''t have anything else in the store that was comfortable, but may be able to order something. I think I might just go with these. I''ve put them together with the dress (with me not actually wearing the dress), and I still can''t tell if they really go or not. But I wonder: if the silver in the shoes is a problem, are my silvery looking necklace and earrings also not the best choices? But I''m wearing the earrings b/c they were a gift from FMIL...so I think that decision is made for me...

Thanks again for the feedback. Anyone else have a vote?

melpla

Shiny_Rock
PS--I''m also a bit worried that the clear acrylic isn''t elegant enough. Does anyone else have that feeling?

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
melpla, I was kind of feeling that way when I saw the shoes...but it of course depends on your overall style...if you''re a little "edgy" I think you''ll be able to carry it.

BTW...that''s MY wedding dress too! It''s so weird to see it up on the site!

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
Hey Mel! Your dress is beautiful! You look great in it. I think the shoes will be fine with the dress, but I have to say that if you want an elegant look, the acrylic shoes are not going to help. You won''t be able to see the shoes under your dress...true. But I think you''ll be able to find another shoe that''s comfortable and elegant (and silver!) if you give it some time and research.

LegacyGirl

Brilliant_Rock
You should be fine with those shoes. That dress is to die for!!

brazen_irish_hussy

Ideal_Rock
I do admit acrylic is not as classic as I normally think of in terms of wedding, but I am planning on wearing a green dress so who cares?
My one concern would be that the rhinestones would catch on your dress since the lace seems so delicate. Just something to consider and try to work with.

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
brazen_irish_hussy, you are SO right! The dress is EXTREMELY delicate...that''s why I tried it on only once since it''s been at my sister''s house...the lace AND the beads get caught up VERY easily.

basil

Brilliant_Rock
I love your dress! But to be honest, I''m not crazy about the shoes. I think you could do better. I think the silver is most likely fine, but I don''t like the acrylic.

justwondering

Rough_Rock
That dress is so pretty you could wear sneakers and no one would notice...
1.gif

melpla

Shiny_Rock
Thanks, everyone, for your honest opinions. I really do appreciate it. I think I will rethink the shoes...

Missrocks

Brilliant_Rock
I''m not sure about the acrylic either. And mostly for comfort factor. I wore something like that a bridemaid, and the edges literally cut my feet. The bride said the same thing (our shoes matched) and she had even worn them around the house to "break in", but the day of the wedding, she had to take them off in the first hour of the reception. Yikes.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think that silver is fine with your dress but I''d be another that''s not sure about the acrylic.

melpla

Shiny_Rock
What do you guys think of these shoes with my dress? They are ivory.

ivory wedding shoes.jpg

bensbride

Brilliant_Rock
I think silver shoes match, especially with how strappy they look. They are almost like another piece of jewelry. Only worries about acrylic would be if they dig into your feet or if they make your feet sweaty (eww, I know).

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results