shape
carat
color
clarity

Have the stone, now the setting!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jft1215

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone. I have a 1.41ct. cushion cut diamond (exact dimensions below) that I want to have a "Legacy"-inspired setting made for it. My GF''s finger is pretty small (I''m estimating between 4.5-5.0). I was wondering if this setting will look good based on the stone size, halo size, and finger size.

Also, does anyone recommend somewhere that has done a great job on this in the past and possible budget? I''m trying to do my homework.

I''m going to try and upload pictures of the stone for your review but in the meantime here are some of the particulars (taken directly from it''s AGA certificate):

Shape: Cushion
Size: 1.41 ct.
Dimensions: 7.43 x 6.26 x 3.79 mm
Total Depth: 60.5%
Table: 57.2%
Color: F
Clarity: VS1
AGA Cutting/Proportions Grade: 1A
Polish: exc
Symmetry: exc

Thanks for your help!!

jft1215

Rough_Rock
Upon doing some research on the forums I noticed many people have CAD drawings of their future settings. Will most (or any) designers draw up a rough CAD rendering without obligation or do they require a deposit? I''m not looking to take advantage of any designers (don''t get me wrong please), I''m just wondering at what point in the process is a CAD rendering usually done.

Thanks for your help (please forgive me if these questions have been answered, I performed some searches but didn''t come up with anything).

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Quest made londonblue''s legacy inspired ring and I love it. I think the stone size on her finger size in a legacy type halo setting will be fine.

halo_ering26b.jpg

qring01.jpg

qring02.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, having Quest Jewelers make it is probably your best bet. Maytal Hannah could do it, too, but my guess is that Quest would be the lower priced of the two.

jft1215

Rough_Rock
Wow! That ring is beautiful! Thanks for some of the insight! It looks like I should contact Quest regarding the setting!

I appreciate all the information. I''m like a sponge right now!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results