shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling all US residents!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Hey there all you US PS''ers, I seriously need your help!
I have my heart set on getting an A Jaffe setting for my GOG diamond that I''m looking to buy.
However, in order to find authorized vendors for the Jaffe settings from their website, I need to know US postcodes (I''m posting from Australia
1.gif
).
Since I am ordering from GOG, would I be better off finding a dealer in New York?
Does anyone know good dealers with reasonable prices that have online services, whether in NY or elsewhere?
I looked up the US postal website, but there are just SO many post codes - seeing as I Very limited knowledge of the geography of the states,
I''d have no idea where to start!

I could really use all local knowledge to find my dream setting at a great price!
5.gif

Thankyou all in advance!

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Pearlmans is the best bet.
Bill and Jon have worked together before too serve customers and it worked out well.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Hi Maisie, Hi storm,
thats actually been my first port of call, and they have been very helpful so far (dealing with Jason).
However, I feel the price is a little high for the setting i''m after, especially since from what I''ve read Jaffe are quite reasonable?
$4200 for tcw 0.70, a third of which are yellow fancy diamonds, thats in 18k Yellow and white (not platinum).
Any opinions?

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
bump
1.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
hmmm not sure on the price I don''t track them.
It''s likely the going rate because Bill is pretty competitive but its more than I would pay.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Hi storm,
Thanks for the link - unfortunately its not on michael C, however there is another one i was considering that I believe is being sold a bit cheaper there than what was quoted from pearlmans. I know pearlmans are very good, and everyones choice to go to, its just a bit more
22.gif
than i expected to pay.
I''m sorry, i don''t know how to link html, or I would link you to the pic on jaffe site. its model nbr MES079.
Any idea on who else I could email? if only for a competitive quote?

angeline

Ideal_Rock
arjunajane - remember to let Pearlman''s know you are a PS member, you get extra discount. Also if you can find a quote that is lower from anyone else, tell Pearlman''s, they have a price-match guarantee and they will match AND give an extra 5% off. So I would just go the Jaffe website, look for dealers names and start emailing and/or calling them to get a feel for prices.

You will get excellent service from Mr. P and that is also sometimes worth a little extra in case anything goes wrong with the setting.

a

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/2/2008 11:16:48 PM
Author: angeline
arjunajane - remember to let Pearlman''s know you are a PS member, you get extra discount. Also if you can find a quote that is lower from anyone else, tell Pearlman''s, they have a price-match guarantee and they will match AND give an extra 5% off. So I would just go the Jaffe website, look for dealers names and start emailing and/or calling them to get a feel for prices.

You will get excellent service from Mr. P and that is also sometimes worth a little extra in case anything goes wrong with the setting.

a
Hi Angeline,thankyou for ur help. With regards to contacting other Jaffe retailers, thats exactly what I''m trying to do at the moment... The only problem is, the A jaffe site search for their austhorized vendors is by Postcode only, which is obviously quite inconvenient for O/S buyers.
7.gif
It would be alot easier if they just listed their vendors by name!
That was how come I was asking if anyone can assist in listing any vendors they are aware of (aside from P''man''s).
1.gif

angeline

Ideal_Rock
Try Solomon Brothers. Solomon Brothers Fine Jewelry

They have a huge range, might help in getting another price point.

My idea was that it didn't really matter where the jeweler was because you just need to find the going price then go to Pearlman's for the price match.

Where was the place where you said you thought it was a bit cheaper than at P'mans?

Also maybe try just googling A. Jaffe and see which jewelers advertise him?

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Hi Angeline,
you have some good points..I''ve sorta gone the long way around and done city and post code searches, then lplugged them in at the jaffe search engine, and looked up all those jewellers on the Jaffe site - so I''ve sent out a couple requests for quotes.
your totally right that it doesn''t matte to me where the setting is, except that I may have to have it sent to GOG for setting, so was wondering whether would be better to buy closer to them..
The site you asked about was Michael C Fina, but its not the setting i have my heart set on..
I think I sent an email to solomon bros, but thanku heaps for the suggestion!

On another tip, does anyone know much about the quality of Knox Jewellers settings?
thankx again everyone!
5.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results