shape
carat
color
clarity

Buying in the next 24 Hrs. need help...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Rough_Rock
I have been referring to this site for about two months now and have decided for several reasons that I need to finish my purchase within the next day or two. As such, I would love the advice of all of the knowledgeable people on this site in picking a rock.

Right now I have the following diamond reserved and am pretty sure it is going to be the one I buy. However, before I purchase it I would love to hear what other people think especially regarding the idealscope, hearts view, and AGS reports. I have picked up a lot of knowledge from this forum, but I am sure that there are a lot of people here that can give me insight into these that I am probably missing.

http://www.whiteflash.com/diamonds/diamond_details.aspx?idno=609770#

Another one that I am somewhat considering is:

http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/3701/

but I think that might be bigger than what she wants. I do like that it has the brightness, fire and scintillation light performance ratings though.

Additionally, what is a good way to find a woman''s ring size without out asking her?

I have the inside diameter measurements from two of her rings, one on her opposite hand ring finger and one on the correct hand middle finger. Are these helpful at all in estimating the size of her ring finger? If I get the wrong size is that easy to fix?

In short I would love to hear what people think about any or all of these questions.

Thanks in advance.

Ninama

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/30/2008 4:56:49 PM
Author:1548

I think that might be bigger than what she wants.

I''m sorry.... I don''t understand this word sequence.
9.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you can afford it, I would certainly go with a 1 ct. stone. You can also easily go down to G on a hearts and arrows stone and have a very white appearance. But both of those stones are gorgeous!

You can estimate her ring size from the measurements you have. I''d guess about a half size smaller than the right hand ring finger if she is right handed. But I wouldn''t do anything other than a ring with a plain shank since it may need resizing. And resizing a plain solitaire is easy.

:)

Brilliant_Rock
WF stone looks beautiful. I would go with that one if you are worried the other one would be too big for her (you can always upgrade later if you choose). I would not rely on the same finger on the opposite hand to determine ring size - there is typically a size difference bet hands with the dominant hand being a smidge larger. If you get a plain setting it should be easy to remedy. Anything with migraining or full eternity band, etc will be difficult and would not recommend it.

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/30/2008 5:03:07 PM
Author: Ninama

Date: 1/30/2008 4:56:49 PM
Author:1548

I think that might be bigger than what she wants.

I''m sorry.... I don''t understand this word sequence.
9.gif
32.gif
23.gif
Hahaha!

Rough_Rock
Wow, thanks for all the quick responses.

I guess I don''t know much about settings and don''t really understand what "plain shanks", "migraining" or "full eternity bands" are? I was thinking about a pretty basic setting, likely a Tiffany style one. Are these the ones that are hard to resize?

Additionally, I have looked at going up to the magical 1ct mark, but she has told me quite a few times that she does not like big rings (big being a relative term I realize). And from what I know about her, I think she would consider a 1ct overly large.

Thanks again for all the help and I look forward to hearing from others.

Brilliant_Rock
Tiff style should be easy to resize if you are in the ballpark with her size.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A plain Tiffany setting would be perfect and easy to resize! The stone you have on hold is beautiful, if you are certain she prefers a stone under 1 carat. "Too big" has a different meaning to different people!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results