shape
carat
color
clarity

Sholdt semi-bezel solitaire ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

heyeliza

Rough_Rock
Anyone have this ring?

sholdtaliastype.jpg

I DO!!!! ( he, he, he....)

I''d love to see handshots from other PS-ers. I ordered a simple matching platinum band from Sholdt and would love to see what anyone else had paired with theirs.

I''m new to PS and would love share pics of my ring when i get it in 3-4 weeks.

ringster

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/16/2008 2:19:03 AM
Author:heyeliza
Anyone have this ring?

sholdtaliastype.jpg

I DO!!!! ( he, he, he....)

I'd love to see handshots from other PS-ers. I ordered a simple matching platinum band from Sholdt and would love to see what anyone else had paired with theirs.

I'm new to PS and would love share pics of my ring when i get it in 3-4 weeks.

oh my gosh! i almost go this one for my ering. it is gorgeous - so simple and elegant and makes a quiet statement.

i can not wait to see your pictures!!! and of your band too!

congrats!

ETA : what are the specs of the diamond that you'll put in it?

ETAA: i love your kitty! i have a weakness for black kitties :)

lauralu

Brilliant_Rock
I have always loved this setting. I have looked for it in BM stores that carry the Sholdt line, but no-one has ever had it. I can''t wait to see hand shots and pics galore! Thanks for the heads up and congrats!

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
ooh!! I love it too. I''ve been doing some scouting for to-be-engaged friends, and this has made the short list!!

Gorgeous! Love it. can''t wait for your pics.

PS. I like your ''name''. I MAY have the same name as you IRL....
31.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

This is my all time semi-fav bezel. Todie4! Can''t wait to see your ring!
36.gif

cheers--Sharon

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wish I did. It is beautiful! Can''t wait to see more pics of yours.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No I don''t, but I would love to see pictures of yours!

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
What a wonderful setting! Congratulations.

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
I think that''s going to look great!

metro

Brilliant_Rock
Ohhhhh, that''s pretty! I can''t wait to see pics!

www2008

Rough_Rock
When my boyfriend and I started shopping for engagement rings I was looking for a classic, simple, and elegant solitaire setting. Several settings were ruled out because I didn''t like how they looked on my hand and then I narrowed it down to four settings - two were Sholdt, one was Ritani, and the other I don''t remember, but it was a simple four-prong with a pave basket. Because I loved them all and couldn''t decide, I let my boyfriend make the final choice and he chose the semi-bezel by Sholdt. He''s purchased the stone and setting and it should be ready in 4-6 weeks so I''m just waiting to be surprised with an official proposal.

I was so happy to see that someone had also purchased a Sholdt engagement ring recently. I have been lurking for a few months now, but finally registered to respond to this post
1.gif

I will post a picture once I get the ring! I haven''t thought about the wedding band yet. Can''t wait to see your pictures!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ooh, I like that ring!

jfo

Brilliant_Rock
I love this ring!! It''s a stunning setting... If I had a round, this is the setting I would want. I can''t wait to see your pictures!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
ooh!! can''t wait to see your pics! i bet is STUNNING!

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
I have adored that ring! It is architecturally perfection...simple...minimalist...almost magic like a cantilevered balcony. The stone seems to hover...am I the only one that sees it like that?

I Envy Envy Envy you and your new ring. Please plan a full day photo shoot. Please.
36.gif
The studio shots are all I have seen, so it will be a treat a decadent treat to see yours!! Woo Hoo... I can''t wait! How much longer do we have to wait? §

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
That ring is gorgeous! Something about it is so captivating but I can''t quite nail down what it is ... I can''t wait to see the hand pics.
30.gif
36.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/16/2008 4:52:28 PM
Author: door knob solitaire
I have adored that ring! It is architecturally perfection...simple...minimalist...almost magic like a cantilevered balcony. The stone seems to hover...am I the only one that sees it like that?

I Envy Envy Envy you and your new ring. Please plan a full day photo shoot. Please.
36.gif
The studio shots are all I have seen, so it will be a treat a decadent treat to see yours!! Woo Hoo... I can''t wait! How much longer do we have to wait? §
DKS, you''ve put it exactly as I never could have. I adore minimalist rings that evoke an architectural feel, and the Scholdt does that for me! Ohhhhh, does it do that for me.
30.gif

I also can''t wait to see real life pics of your new ring, heyeliza!

heyeliza

Rough_Rock
Thank you all, I am so, so excited! I read somewhere that this artist gets inspiration from modern architecture especially Frank Llyod Wright. I love FLR! It must be fate. I can''t wait to get it.

Here are the specs on my diamond, small compared to the average PS-er. I must say though that with this setting, my stone looked bigger!

Round Brilliant 6.32-6.37 x 3.91mm
Carat weight: 0.96
It''s an AGS 000 
Color: G
Clarity: VS2 
Depth: 61.6%
Table: 55.5%
Crown: 35
Pavillion: 40.8
Culet: 0.3%

Funny how my AGS cert says negligible fluorescence but a GCAL certificate said Medium, hmm- was this a mistake?

I plugged the numbers in the HCA and I got a 1.5 = Excellent

www2008

Rough_Rock
Date: 1/16/2008 7:28:53 PM
Author: heyeliza
Thank you all, I am so, so excited! I read somewhere that this artist gets inspiration from modern architecture especially Frank Llyod Wright. I love FLR! It must be fate. I can''t wait to get it.

Here are the specs on my diamond, small compared to the average PS-er. I must say though that with this setting, my stone looked bigger!

Round Brilliant 6.32-6.37 x 3.91mm
Carat weight: 0.96
It''s an AGS 000
Color: G
Clarity: VS2
Depth: 61.6%
Table: 55.5%
Crown: 35
Pavillion: 40.8
Culet: 0.3%

Funny how my AGS cert says negligible fluorescence but a GCAL certificate said Medium, hmm- was this a mistake?

I plugged the numbers in the HCA and I got a 1.5 = Excellent
heyeliza - I''m so excited for you! Great idea for a post
2.gif

I love Sholdt because they are from Seattle (like me!), they name their ring collections after super cute neighborhoods/cities in Washington (Fremont, Vashon and Twisp, see http://www.sholdtdesign.com/Rings.htm), and their settings really show off the beauty of a round brilliant!

I looked at yours more closely and mine is a little different than yours, but it is also a platinum semi-bezel from Sholdt. My round brilliant is .72 carats (teeny tiny compared to what I''ve seen here, but perfect for me...my ring size is 3.5). I am counting down the days until it arrives...

I really can''t wait to see your pictures so I can get ideas on what to get for my wedding band.

heyeliza

Rough_Rock
we have the same ring size www2008! I also ordered a matching band
from Sholdt that is a plain platinum band, tapered i think to follow
the contours of the solitaire. I haven''t seen it yet- but I trust that
it would match so I went ahead with it.

As an aside, my current e-ring has 2 very small pink diamond sides which we sent to
Sholdt to place in a RHR band with a scattered diamond look like
below. I love that although the stones are not symmetrical, it looks
balanced. Very cool!

Sholdt Signature Band

9lights

Rough_Rock
What a standout!!!
36.gif

Such incredible design; I really love Scholdt''s work. Congratulations!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
That is such a fluid and elegant setting. Can''t wait to see more pictures!!!

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
If you look for JennaJ...she looks like she has this ring.

ringster

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/16/2008 10:28:44 PM
Author: Gothgrrl
If you look for JennaJ...she looks like she has this ring.

do you mean this thread
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-revised-half-bezel-e-ring.24111/

?

if so, this is not the sholdt ring. it isn''t even the same design except for hte fact that it is half bezel. the shaft is totally different - more fluid.

gothgrrl, is there another link that i am missing of hers that has the sholdt design? if so please let me know - would love to see it!

sparklegrrl

Rough_Rock
That ring is gorgeous!!! I''ve never seen a semi bezel quite like that before, but I love it!!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh my gosh, I have loved this ring ever since someone posted it a while back. So fluid, and simple, and striking!
30.gif

Congrats on a gorgeous piece!!

mintve

Brilliant_Rock

Wow, I just love your ring and can''t wait to see hand shots and more photos. I thought I had my setting all determined, then I saw this one!!

From which store did you order it? I will have to look into it!!

So pretty! Love it!!

ringster

Brilliant_Rock
fyi - if anyone is in the bay area - mansoor and gore in palo alto was carrying this sholdt ring when i was shopping a few months ago for erings

http://www.mansoorgore.com/

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
If I wanted a simple solitaire this one would be at the top of my list, I much prefer it to the usual 4 and 6 prong designs! I also like how he didn''t forget to make the profile beautiful. I just adore how you can see practically the whole side of the diamond. This ring would be great for people who are hard on their rings as well. The bezel should protect the stone pretty well and most people tend to knock their stones on the side.

blondie

Shiny_Rock
WOW! I simply ADORE this ring....I currently have a 6-prong setting, which I would like to have set lower, but this desgn is now also an option after seeing this post - congratulations on such a beautiful ring
18.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results