shape
carat
color
clarity

On the hunt

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Casecracker

Rough_Rock
Wow! Everything I''ve read and studied up on on this site has helped me a lot!!! In fact, I have been to a few jewelers who hesitated when I asked certain questions or didn''t give the details about the diamond I was looking at as I learned on this site. So I''ve saved myself a few shoddy deals too!

I consider I''m pretty close to buying now but need still some advice...

A friend of mine recommended purchasing a diamond at a pawn shop. I went to the place she recommended and they do business quite a bit so I''m not too worried about being ripped off by the guy.

I did see a couple diamonds that I liked. One was a 50 point diamond that was just brilliant with lots of sparkle to it (I''m still a bit amateur on the terminology) and one was a certified .71 ct diamond. Both were SI1.

The guy was very helpful and conversant with the subject, not like the above "jewelers" I mentioned. He was also very sincere and I really got that he was helping me out and not just trying to close a deal. I know this because I recruit people for where I work and it''s a lot like selling - in fact, it is exactly like selling. This guy wasn''t giving me a pitch which means both that he wasn''t just after my cash and that he was confident he had a product that would interest me and that I would lead him to the close.

So here''s what threw me for a bit of a loop - he had the same asking price for both diamonds. The 50 point diamond looked more brilliant but I was not expecting it to be the same amount as the heavier diamond. In fact, by searching the prices on this website I could get a diamond with the same "stats" for much less than what he was asking - but what he was asking for the 70 point diamond was less than diamonds on this site with the same "stats."

At a different jeweler I found the perfect dainty pavay bridal set to mount the diamond on - so I''m close, but need some good advice for the final decision here. Should I do business with this guy or go elsewheres?

Oh yeah! He also mentioned something about how legally once a diamon is taken off a ring it is a "new diamond" and that dealers or companies will often buy rings from pawn shops, clean up the diamond and sell it for much more. I can believe that, but is it true?

Thanks!

Jevon

P.S. Sorry I wrote so much =)

milton333

Brilliant_Rock
Hmm, we're talking about an engagement ring, is that right? Okay, here are my thoughts. If you have very extreme budgetary limitations, then those limitations are what they are, and a pawn shop may be a realistic option for you.

As a woman, I would not want my engagement ring to come from a pawn shop (no, not even if you reset the diamond). Now, I understand that diamonds get traded, re-sold, and circulate, so there's no guarantee that I'm getting a "new" or "fresh" diamond when I buy from a jeweler, but there's just something so . . . I don't know, tragic and sordid about someone having to pawn their engagement ring, that it would bother me to know that that was the history of my stone. And it will come out some day that that is how you acquired the stone - some guys on here actually share with their fiancees the posts about "the hunt," because it's a romantic gesture that shows how much you cared to try to get her the best. Are you going to want to share with your fiancee and the world the story of your pawn shop deal?

Also, if you poke around here a bit (read the tutorials), you'll see that most people try to buy a winning diamond by focusing on the diamond's cut. It seems like you're hung up on diamond weight (carats) and price. There's nothing wrong, per se, with wanting to maximize size for your buck, but if that's all you're thinking about, you can get a real dud. Honestly, you're a guy, you probably haven't really looked at or thought about diamonds until recently, anything reasonably sparkly is probably good enough for you. This will be a big purchase that your future fiancee will wear every day, possibly for the duration of your time together, if you do not upgrade. Try to buy the best-performing diamond you can.

You will not get enough information from a pawn shop diamond to know if you're comparing apples to apples. You're comparing sparklies, with no verified stats, so it's hard to evaluate if "x" is a "deal," or "y" is a scam.

I'd say slow down, read up, look online at some options. Maybe post your budget and desired specs, and someone could make suggestions for you. I just have a strong, negative visceral reaction to the notion of a pawn shop engagement diamond, unless you're in dire straits. I don't know, maybe your fiancee would like it if you're that frugal, but somehow I suspect . . . no.

ETA: Re-reading your original post, it's not clear to me if by "stats" you have actually seen, say, a GIA or AGS report regarding the stones you've seen at the pawn shop. Somehow I doubt it, but if you have, get specific numbers (crown %, depth %, crown angle, pavillion angle), and at least run it through the cut advisor. And make sure you can return it to the pawn shop (do pawn shops have a return policy?), because you'll immediately want to run any pawn shop purchase by an appraiser to be sure that you bought what you think you did. But, better yet, look for an H&A stone from a reputable vendor. And look for one with an upgrade policy. It sounds like your budget may be in the .50 carat-ish range, and it could be that, for an anniversary, you might want to upgrade to a larger stone. And please don't buy her a pawn shop diamond. Just, eek.

Casecracker

Rough_Rock
Yeah...I''m not necessarily the frugal type. As I said, this place was recommended by a friend. It certainly hadn''t come across me to go to pawn shop prior to this - and believe me I''m not married to the idea or necessarily like it myself. The guy was helpful though, more so than some other "legit" places I went to, so it warmed me to the idea. Plus he was recommended by a friend who isn''t necessarily living in a trailor either. That''s why I''m asking if I should do business with him. But I guess I got my answer :)

milton333

Brilliant_Rock
I''m sure it''s a very practical idea. But not a very romantic one. Buy any other future diamond from a pawn shop, but for this one, maybe not so much.

If you''ve been hanging around, the PS favorite vendors come highly recommended for good reason. I''ve been virtual window shopping for a while, and I''ve gotten great communication from a variety of vendors, answers to my random questions, even a phone call to say "thanks for your interest in our site" kind of thing. A number of the virtual vendors you can find rec''d on here have magnified photos, images designed to allow you to assess the optical symmetry of their stones, and they hand-select and review each stone. If I''ve had a question about, say, what these 3 stones I''ve seen online actually look like, these vendors will call me up to talk to me about it. I understand that Good Old Gold will even make you a quick video of your short list for you to review. I would not be afraid to buy online with a good return policy. I like the nerdy aspect of all the information presented by vendors like Whiteflash, Good Old Gold, James Allen, etc. Give it a try and see if a passionate jeweler can give you more information than your pawn shop friend.
2.gif

Really, there are a lot of knowledgeable people on here who can give you suggestions, if you want to share what you''re looking for.

Casecracker

Rough_Rock
I personally have a thing about buying off the net - mostly comes from clothes really. For instance, I think any man who buys a suit off the internet deserves exactly what he gets. Maybe it's just a fixed idea that doesn't go for what I'm looking at here. You know, sometimes we make decisions and then times change...

What I do need is some expert help, and again that's why I came to the forum.

I know the following about my wife-to-be: she likes sparkly. If she couldn't see a blemish with her naked eye and it was sparkly she'd be happy. Likewise - as I have read - there could be large colorless diamonds that are "perfect" but she'll like it less because not sparkly. I'm not marrying a half-wit but she's as clueless as I (and am soon not to be) about jewelry. It's me who needs to know I got something valuable - and that's true with about anything I buy. That being said, less that SI1 isn't going to cut it for me.

I've read that it's the cut that makes the brilliance of the diamond - but when it comes to the mathematics of it all and the percentages of this and that I go unconscious.

I really am not worried about carat weight. A well cut diamond will show itself off. I would like at least a 50 point diamond and would likely upgrade in the future.

-Just reread your post and I will give these a try. Any jewelers you can recommend that I could go see in the S.F. Bay Area? Please don't recommend Fred Meyers :)

Casecracker

Rough_Rock
Okay! You were right. The tutorial makes a lot more sense now that I''m actually looking at the diamonds on these sites with the data on it - kind of makes it more real too.

I can already tell I''m on a much better track. I really like all the options Good Old Gold gives me in terms of pictures!

I found a couple so far I could just jump at if it wasn''t 4:30 AM. But I still think I need to take it a bit slower...

Anyway, thanks for all your help!

milton333

Brilliant_Rock
Pros for internet shopping: greater selection, generally better prices, more information and less sales pitch, no pressure to buy, more objective "stats" vs. fancy lighting, access to a quality of stone that might not be available in your area (probably not a concern for you in SF, but definitely an issue for some rural buyers).

Cons: not seeing diamonds for yourself before you buy.

I, for one, researched on the net in part because I go into a jeweler''s and everything looks pretty good, I have no idea if I''m getting hosed, or getting what will be a dud in the office lighting. I wanted more objective criteria, no sales pressure, and very knowledgeable sales people.

I''m about to pull the trigger on an upgraded stone through Whiteflash. I really have enjoyed communicating with them, and have found them to be trustworthy, reliable, and very knowledgeable. Here''s some information about their branded, super-ideal cut

By way of example, here is a .577 A Cut Above round, G VS1, ideal across the board, with a 40x magnified image you can scrutinize for flaws, a copy of the cert, ideal-scope and aset images, etc. Pick up the phone and someone would be happy to talk to you about that particular stone, about your needs and your budget, whatever you want. They ship for free, FedEx overnight, and you have a 10-day return period for a full refund.

Another reputable vendor you might look into is Good Old Gold. They''ve prepared videos about some of the basics of brilliance, fire, and scintillation, a comparison of the various cuts available, etc. You''ll see some absolutely gorgeous diamonds on those videos, if that will help allay your fears about the quality of what''s online. Search for stones within your parameters while you''re there.

As far as this notion that "you get what you pay for" online, please shake it loose. Part of what you''re paying for at a brick & mortar chain is the rental on their high-dollar storefront. Keep in mind that, particularly for chain stores, they buy a bulk of "x" amount of diamonds, and have to distribute some amount of stock to all their stores. What you''re looking at at your local store is what this particular store has to sell, and it has not been hand-selected, let alone cut, by the store where you''re looking. The internet vendors with stones in house have picked out those stones for their performance and/or have cut those stones themselves. You will not get a dud from a recommended vendor, really. And they have generous return policies - get a stone, get it overnight, if you hate it, send it back. But please abandon the idea that you''re buying junk online, and better quality in person. IMO, it''s exactly the opposite. Hey, if it helps, WF loaned diamonds to Jessica Alba to wear to some awards show, so there must be something high-end and sparkly there.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
For a long time before the Internet people bought jewelry from people they had no reason to distrust. Folks went to the family jeweler who probably was a leader in the local community, reasonably affluent and fairly conservative. There was little real competition and jewelers made a good profit on most sales.

Profits have been hit hard not only by the Internet, but by incrased competition from every market level. From buying on the tv, on-line and heavy discounters like WalMart.

When things get difficult, it can get increasingly ugly in the market. Distrust becomes more commonplace as merchants bad mouth eachother and wonder how they will make a profit to pay their overhead. You also get more people in the market selling who have little to no eduication about what they are offering for sale. The crazy, off the wall, things some of them say to customers are amazing. The inconsistency of their sales pitches makes comparing one to another confusing. When you know a "sales pitch" you can smell it a mile off. It is a definite turn off for many of us.

For lots of good reasons people have turned to the laid back shopping found on the Internet. You can get excellent service, but only when you ask for it. No pressure when you prefer to learn and shop. What a great combination.

The best message is to doubt what sales people tell you unless you KNOW for sure that they are well qualified and have a reputation for honesty. The fact that someone is not a convicted felon is not a sufficient reason to think their reputation or integrity is faultless. It takes a lot more to convince me that someone has the best intentions.

I remember when I visited a few pawn shops in Dallas many years ago looking to buy diamond "bargains". Every pawn broker showed me diamonds and none were represented correctly. All the prices were high and they were looking for a stupid offer, nothing fair would be accepted. They all said "Y''all come back, hear?" when I left their stores in a false friendly way which pretty much meant don''t bother coming back. I hope things have improved since then as they need the profits and the business as much as anyone else with a retail store these days.

Trust someone who you can count on and learn all you can. You''ll be better off with this two tiered appraoch.

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Pawn shops can be a reasonable place to buy things but the expectation that because they bought it cheaply that they will therefore sell it cheaply is ill founded.

Much of the pawn business involves making and collecting payments on loans from people who basically looking for banking services. This is a pretty profitable activity but it’s as different from running a jewelry store as jewelers who sell sunglasses and fancy pens. It’s ok for them to do it but don’t confuse them for an optometrist.

When a pawnshop buys a diamond, the first thing they do is figure out what they have and what their best marketplace is to sell it. I must say, some of the best gemologists I know are plying their skills as part of the pawn business. What they pay has NOTHING to do with it. The story of the seller has nothing to do with it. The people grading the stones, evaluating the jewelry and setting the prices usually don’t even know. Which store it’s in doesn’t even make much difference because most pawn shops are part of chains these days.

You bet pulling the stones, repairing them if needed, certing them and selling them through jewelry stores is one of the choices. They might even own the jewelry store (or internet site, or visa versa, they might be owned by them).

Just because the sign out front says ‘pawn shop’ and the decorations include old stereo’s and lawnmowers doesn’t change what you’re doing there. It’s a jewelry store. If they claim their stuff is cheaper, better, bigger or whatever, the onus is on them to prove it. A good yarn about a little old lady who was hard on her luck does nothing. As with any other jewelry store, the first question in your mind should be whether you should trust these people. Some you can, others you can’t. Without that you are taking a considerable risk. People routinely believe things from pawn workers, will agree to terms and conditions that they would never even consider from any other store and will end up buying things they don’t really want because the story was good. A great price on the wrong thing is a bad deal.

Neil Beaty
GG(GIA) ICGA(AGS) NAJA
Professional Jewelry Appraisals in Denver

milton333

Brilliant_Rock
Hey, Case, if you''re set on buying from a b&m vendor, I guess I can recommend Tiffany''s without reservation. There''s no question that there''s a considerable premium for the brand, but also no question that you''re getting a certain consistent quality (maybe not the super-ideal diamond you might get elsewhere, but definitely a nice one), and what should be a pleasant shopping experience. Beyond that, it''s a bit hit-and-miss to find someone I could recommend, but good luck to you.

(Again, from a purely emotional, girl standpoint, please no pawn shops for this particular occasion, with due respect to the professionals who are correct that there''s nothing per se wrong about buying from a pawn shop.)

Casecracker

Rough_Rock
ok ok, enough with the pawn shop stuff! You long since talked me out of it!

I''m looking very seriously at a couple diamonds at Good Old Gold, which I like because it allows me to kind of go back and forth between their lay out and the tutorial to get the reality on what''s being talked about.

I do appreciate all the help and feel I''m on the right track.
36.gif

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/15/2007 4:56:12 AM
Author: Casecracker
ok ok, enough with the pawn shop stuff! You long since talked me out of it!

I'm looking very seriously at a couple diamonds at Good Old Gold, which I like because it allows me to kind of go back and forth between their lay out and the tutorial to get the reality on what's being talked about.

I do appreciate all the help and feel I'm on the right track.
36.gif
Casecracker - Have you found any particular diamond at Good Old Gold that you like?

Isn't it fun learning about diamonds?
34.gif
36.gif
I had no idea when I started that there would ever be this much information or that it could be so interesting.

After a long and quite emotional, sometimes arduous even process, my bf and I have pretty much finally decided on a beautiful diamond ... apart from a chronic case of Early Onset Diamond Shrinkage Syndrome (DSS) brought about by spending too much time on Pricescope,
3.gif
11.gif
9.gif
the diamond is perfect. If you have just started the process and are learning and getting up to speed already, you are doing a great job! Good luck and have fun shopping for and finding your perfect diamond!
35.gif

BTW -- The pawn shop story will be a great one ... After ... you have finished shopping & proposed.
2.gif
tee hee hee.

Casecracker

Rough_Rock
Thanks sparkle!

Yes - learning and shopping and learning more has actually become a major hobby! I've been up until 3 or 4 AM the past few nights actually! I am really excited and actually think I've found a field I'd really love to get involved with for a living. I'm finding that I really have a passion for diamonds. I didn't know exactly what it was until tonight - and maybe it was just all the time I've spent on this over the last week, but I was with my girl (
31.gif
- sorry if it's too much information) and I closed my eyes and there was just this picture of a bright, gorgeous, scintillating diamond. I thought to myself that I finally realized what it was that made these things so special. (and why milton is so heavily anti-pawn shop for engagement ring). A diamond can show in its beauty what we feel and can't see and what we can't put in words.

--- anyway - back to the subject at hand!

I found a couple at Good Old Gold that I like but I am really leaning towards Whiteflash. The main reason for this is that I like their layout and also they will send you a viewing kit when you get their ACAs. There's just something about the confidence they have in that they can give you what you need to ensure that what you purchased was what you meant to purchase - like a superior service image almost. So I'm really drawn to that.

I'm going to go with at least .5 ct H&A for sure.

ETA: I went shopping around tonight with my dad at some local jewelers and some department stores (i.e. Bloomingdales and Macys) and was explaining to him a lot of what I've learned and showing him things with the loupe. In the end I realized that these stores really are, as so many on here affectionately term them, B&M. But what fun it was just to shop and apply what I've been reading about!
9.gif

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/16/2007 4:43:38 AM
Thanks sparkle!

Yes - learning and shopping and learning more has actually become a major hobby! I''ve been up until 3 or 4 AM the past few nights actually! I am really excited and actually think I''ve found a field I''d really love to get involved with for a living. I''m finding that I really have a passion for diamonds. I didn''t know exactly what it was until tonight - and maybe it was just all the time I''ve spent on this over the last week, but I was with my girl (
31.gif
- sorry if it''s too much information) and I closed my eyes and there was just this picture of a bright, gorgeous, scintillating diamond. I thought to myself that I finally realized what it was that made these things so special. (and why milton is so heavily anti-pawn shop for engagement ring). A diamond can show in its beauty what we feel and can''t see and what we can''t put in words.

--- anyway - back to the subject at hand!

I found a couple at Good Old Gold that I like but I am really leaning towards Whiteflash. The main reason for this is that I like their layout and also they will send you a viewing kit when you get their ACAs. There''s just something about the confidence they have in that they can give you what you need to ensure that what you purchased was what you meant to purchase - like a superior service image almost. So I''m really drawn to that.

I''m going to go with at least .5 ct H&A for sure.

ETA: I went shopping around tonight with my dad at some local jewelers and some department stores (i.e. Bloomingdales and Macys) and was explaining to him a lot of what I''ve learned and showing him things with the loupe. In the end I realized that these stores really are, as so many on here affectionately term them, B&M. But what fun it was just to shop and apply what I''ve been reading about!
9.gif
Wow Casecracker! Thanks for the great update!

I think it must be something about how involved we can become in the process that draws us to consider going into this line of business or work. I feel exactly the same way!!!! I graduated with my Master''s degree last year and am now thinking I should have invested that money in GIA school instead. I think that it is like $30,000/yr or something ... like any other school. I love diamonds and jewelry and find all the info I have learned to be fascinating. Additionally, I love helping people and making them happy! The only downside is that some of my friends and my bf think that I might be developing some kind of weird web obsession b/c I spend every free moment I have on PS!
40.gif

Anyways ... back to you ... This is fantastic! I''m glad you got to do a before & after type thing by comparing the affectionately termed "maul" store merchandise to what you have been able to see on online and, more importantly, to what you have learned. You have now officially become a snob and unless it is top quality, maul merchandise will never be good enough for you.
25.gif

Not sure if you saw my other thread but I found a lovely Expert Selection 0.53 D VS2 on Whiteflash today for my mom. I called on a whim and hoped to get in touch with someone and got a hold of Traci.
36.gif
She was happy to help me out and pointed me in the right direction based on my budget and the quality I was interested in. I too wanted to go with an ACA, however, the one that I finally decided on was a D color and VS2 as opposed to an ACA F/SI1 and only slightly didn''t make the ACA cut b/c of the crown angle I believe, but it scores amazingly on the HCA. I thought it was actually a steal since it basically performs like an ACA or very close to, yet, b/c it is not branded as such, I don''t have to pay the premium involved with that ... This being said - I really, really, wanted to the ACA viewing kit. It sounds cute. Oh well, this just means that I will have to go back and actually purchase some ACA diamond studs for myself?
31.gif

Remember that if you are dealing with any PS vendors, you should inquire as to whether or no they offer a PS member discount.

Please keep us updated about your next steps ... I can''t wait to see what diamond and setting you select!
9.gif
35.gif

Casecracker

Rough_Rock
Woo - Tuesday''s the day I can buy a diamond. Because Tuesday I look like this:

22.gif

I have definitely decided on Whiteflash after the courtesy call they gave me on a Sunday afternoon!!!! Talk about quick reply - I sent a message on Saturday at like 2 AM and they called me on Sunday (when they''re closed) to help me out.

Casecracker

Rough_Rock
Oh I forgot! I found the bridal set at a local jeweler who I am acquaintances with. This is not a picture of the exact setting but the setting I chose looks almost identical.

The center diamond will likely be from whiteflash: ACA .5 ct H, VS1-2

casecracksetting111.jpg

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Very nice, Casecracker! It''s lovely ... Can''t wait to see it when it is finished. :)

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/17/2007 3:22:55 PM
I''ve kind of narrowed it down. Haven''t called whitflash yet but...

Option 1

Option 2
They both look good to me!

If the G/SI1 is eyeclean - to your standards - this would be my personal preference, however, given that it is not, the I/VS2 looks really nice as well. Can''t really go wrong with ACA, can you?
3.gif

This is just my opinion, however, give Traci a call and I am certain that she will be able to help you. She did a great job finding stuff for me even better than what I found for myself and still within the range I was looking for ....

Just do it!
36.gif
and ... if you like one. Hold it! or else it will be gone.
39.gif

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Oh oh ... just for good measure, make sure that the VS2 is eyeclean from all sides as well.
9.gif

Casecracker

Rough_Rock
Thanks for all your help! I've gone ahead with the G SI1. Reason is it was completely eye-clean according to Sheerah (who was VERY nice and VERYYYYY helpful). I was sent a color comparison between the diamonds and I personally can notice a slight difference.

I think my overall choice had to do with the fact that they are basically the same size across despite the I being a tad weightier - so why the hell not go with the G?

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Yay
36.gif
Way to go! It will be fanastic.

I''m really glad you got something that you will love.

Pls remember to show us the ring!

Casecracker

Rough_Rock
Thanks! I will be sure to show pictures of the ring once it is purchased!

I''m so excite!
36.gif

But it''s bitter sweet....

Is there life after Pricescope?
23.gif

j/k

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/17/2007 4:41:10 PM
Thanks! I will be sure to show pictures of the ring once it is purchased!

I''m so excite!
36.gif

But it''s bitter sweet....

Is there life after Pricescope?
23.gif
Nope ... I don''t think so ... However, there is a bed and a bedtime and sleep.
9.gif

Casecracker

Rough_Rock
Sleep? I don''t sleep anyway :)

Hey so we''re onto part two!

I''m second guessing the setting I''ve chose and am wondering if it might not be better to present her the diamond and then we both pick out a setting?

Part of why I am wondering is because I want to propose on Monday. I''ll get the diamond on Wednesday, latest Thursday and am not thinking this is enough time to have it mounted.

Is this a bad idea? I know a lot of couple work together to find the engagement ring. Now that I got the diamond would it just be bad form to not complete the ring myself?
33.gif
33.gif
33.gif

ringabling

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/18/2007 5:06:33 AM
I'm second guessing the setting I've chose and am wondering if it might not be better to present her the diamond and then we both pick out a setting?

Part of why I am wondering is because I want to propose on Monday. I'll get the diamond on Wednesday, latest Thursday and am not thinking this is enough time to have it mounted.

Is this a bad idea? I know a lot of couple work together to find the engagement ring. Now that I got the diamond would it just be bad form to not complete the ring myself?
33.gif
33.gif
33.gif

I agree w/ that, well most of it!
Can you just get tehm to set it on a plain tiffany setting so she can enjoy wearing it right away? Also, it could take a few weeks to find the right setting, it'd be a shame if she couldn't wear it until then.

DH gave me my 1st solitaire on a plain setting/band and we shopped until we found what we wanted, I LOVED this.
His brother just bought from Bluenile and is doing this same thing, so his soon to be finace can help choose the setting.

Casecracker

Rough_Rock
Thanks ringabling!

I found a jeweler just outside of San Francisco who is going to mount it in a custom e-ring setting and make a matching wedding band. She told me she could mount it the same day I bring it in - which is Thursday! So problem solved =)

I pick up the diamond from FedEX in about two hours.... So now I wait
4.gif

and read pricescope forums
9.gif

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well... How does it look???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results