shape
carat
color
clarity

solitaire pendant?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

quigley1

Rough_Rock
Hello all....new to Pricescope so please be gentle...THX. Am looking at an H&A 1.13 ct HS1 for my bride of 25 years. She prefers a pendant to a ring. I''m interested in opinions about a setting (for a pendant) which would allow this stone to be best showcased. Two I''ve seen that look appealing are:

1. Martini 3 prong from WhiteFlash...diamond looks "suspended" in air....but concerned about delicate chain. Also wonder if this stone is too large for this setting as WF indicates that it accomodates up to 1 ct.

2. Floating Diamond solitaire from Blue Nile...love the snake chain look and appears substantial but will it showcase as well as the Martini 3 prong above?

Partial to platinum.

Thanks, in advance, for thoughts on these 2 choices or other ideas.

wasser

Rough_Rock
Date: 12/9/2007 9:41:30 AM
Author:quigley1
1. Martini 3 prong from WhiteFlash...diamond looks ''suspended'' in air....but concerned about delicate chain. Also wonder if this stone is too large for this setting as WF indicates that it accomodates up to 1 ct.

I can''t comment specifically about the WF chain, but my wife has a delicate platinum chain holding a platinum/jade pendant that has always felt strong to me - of course the pendant is no where near the value of a 1ct diamond. :p

Others may have direct experience with this, but email or call WF about the diamond size and pendant issue. be sure to ask them both about cost and time for a larger setting.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock

IF WF says the setting accomodates up to a 1 ct, than the diamond you picked out may be too large. There was another setting of theirs I was interested in and the diamond was only .08 smaller than the .50-.75 size and was told that the diamond needed to be .50. You should call them and talked to someone and see what they say and see if a custom setting can be made (if the setting wouldn''t hold a 1.13).

Personally, I wouldn''t hang a 1.13 diamond on that particular chain unless you have insurance! The diamond that I purchased is only .414 and I think that the chain is a bit too fine for me to feel entirely safe about wearing it certain places and I never wear it around my kids. (I have a similar Tiffany & Co. chain and it broke when lightly tugged on!)

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful settings but I''d worry about the durability of these chains. I am a firm believer in box chains; they don''t look as lovely with this type of setting but I trust them.

Kissmark

Shiny_Rock
hi just for reference i have a 0.7 carat from Whiteflash in their "four corners" setting. I like this setting better than the "martini" although I think martini is a more popular design these days. Also I bought insurance on the necklace.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results