shape
carat
color
clarity

Bar set Emerald Cut wedding band

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I really love this wedding band from Signed Pieces but I don''t know anything about bar set rings.

http://www.signedpieces.com/item.cfm?item_id=912

Has anyone had any experience with bar set? I don''t want a shared prong ring as I will worry that I might lose a stone. I really would prefer a ring which isn''t high maintainance if you see what I mean!

Are bar set diamonds secure? I like the look of the bars going across - I know a lot of PS''ers like as much diamond on show as possible, but the setting looks lovely to me.
30.gif

I won''t wear it all the time. I wouldn''t be able to wear it with my RB solitaire, but I would wear it with my plain wedding band.

Any comments welcome
1.gif

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really like that one! It looks secure because it is essentially (well, appears to be) a half bezel setting.

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Maise, I have a bar set round band from Facets. I wanted something different. I really love it and I feel it''s made pretty well. I wear it pretty much all the time.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you for your responses. It really is a gorgeous ring! I love EC''s as they are just so clean to look at.

I am trying to choose between channel set or bar set. I have heard that channel set is harder to clean, but I think this may not be such a problem if I get an Ultrasonic cleaner?

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can''t see an EC channel set band at Facets. I see Asschers and Princesses. Do you have a link? I think it might be good to have an ultrasonic cleaner after looking at the inside of the bar set band. It''s very unique.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think you should take the money you were going to put towards the band and upgrade your diamond again!
11.gif

But if you''re wanting a band, I vote for the bar set emerald band! It''s gorgeous and more unique than the channel set round one.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is a beautiful ring, the EC one...it looks very well made.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/9/2007 11:35:13 AM
Author: thing2of2
I think you should take the money you were going to put towards the band and upgrade your diamond again!
11.gif

But if you''re wanting a band, I vote for the bar set emerald band! It''s gorgeous and more unique than the channel set round one.
Lol! That would work if I hadn''t completely fallen in love with my diamond!
6.gif
I just love it so much!

I do love the emerald band, its clean and sleek and beautiful!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/9/2007 11:36:03 AM
Author: Diamond*Dana
That is a beautiful ring, the EC one...it looks very well made.
Isn't it stunning!!
36.gif

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah, the RB band just doesn''t compare to the EC band IMO. Love the EC band. Get it. Then post pics. Kay?
31.gif

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I forgot to add that my older sister has a bar set anniversary band with rounds and she''s worn it for at least 5 years straight and it still looks great. I think the bar set setting is a very durable one because I''m pretty sure she does no maintenance on her jewelry at all.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/9/2007 1:39:36 PM
Author: lyra
Yeah, the RB band just doesn''t compare to the EC band IMO. Love the EC band. Get it. Then post pics. Kay?
31.gif
I will definitely post lots of pics if I get the EC band! I really do love it more than anything else I have seen up till now!!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/9/2007 2:43:11 PM
Author: thing2of2
I forgot to add that my older sister has a bar set anniversary band with rounds and she''s worn it for at least 5 years straight and it still looks great. I think the bar set setting is a very durable one because I''m pretty sure she does no maintenance on her jewelry at all.
Thankyou thing, thats really good to know. I really want a low maintainance ring, but just having a plain one isn''t really an option! I need bling!!
9.gif

Steel

Ideal_Rock

Maisie, I didn''t know whether to pitch in here...

I bought from SP this year and had a terrible experience. All ended well and I took a full refund incl shipping. I am very regretful that we had a serious difference of opinion as I would have loved to buy from them but at the moment I am so embittered I wonder if I will again.

Bottom line, they did give a full refund. I suppose that deserves a good amount of credit despite my experience.

I wonder, would you consider a 5 stone ring aka that wonderful ring created by WF (I think) recently with the PS''er whose name begins with K. I cannot remember- sorry. It prob would end up the same cost for certed stones? Might be worth an email? It will be my next major purchase too, I am deciding 5 or 7 stones. I agree about the shared prong issue for safety, I wonder if the bar offers greater security- I would venture not much. I have a 4 prong and think they are super.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Steel
1.gif

Would you mind telling me what happened with Signed Pieces? I think it would be ok to say seeing as it was resolved amicably.....

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Sorry sweetie,

I do not. I weighed up posting when it all happened and decided it would not be productive. Their word against mine for the most part and I could do without the hassle of others standing up for SP or SP themselves choosing to disagree with me again. That is why I weighed posting for you. I wish you well and if I were to have seen a questionable post about SP, perhaps I would have saved myself the hassle.

I reiterate, they honoured their refund policy, that is to be commended. They have wonderful stock, I still browse their site; lamenting at all that could have been mine.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Don''t worry about it Steel
1.gif

Gosh, I think I am just a bit worried that the reason for the return was because of the quality of the piece.... its a long way to send it back if I''m not happy with it.

I wonder if WF could replicate the ring for me. Might be worth asking them.

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Well done Poirot!

Yes that is the band. Do you like it for you?

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
lol! I am rather clever aren''t I?!

I love Kcoursolles ring, its very beautiful. I just don''t want shared prong, especially for larger diamonds. I know that I would be worrying about wearing it and its a lot to pay for it to sit in my jewellery box!
9.gif

Steel

Ideal_Rock
This is slightly off topic, but I was lusting after this ring just this very evening:

http://rockdiamond.com/index.php?crn=206&rn=639&action=show_detail

It might be over budget, but
18.gif
. Santa please put one of these in my stocking
30.gif

Then there is this one, same shared prong issue but its a looker for the price (they admit the inclusions may be visible for the price)

http://rockdiamond.com/index.php?crn=206&rn=702&action=show_detail

I know I am no help, but ya gotta love the sparkly things!

ETA: This is a cheaper smaller version of the 1st one, shared prong again. (Go on kick me
31.gif
)
http://rockdiamond.com/index.php?crn=206&rn=641&action=show_detail

ETA2: Links corrected.

ETA3: Oo Ooh, If you are gonna grap the WF K-Edge like you hinted, this is a luxury 'must':

WF: http://www.whiteflash.com/Wedding_Bands/Pave-Knife-Edge-Band_962.htm

Different version: http://www.firenzejewels.com/store/moreinfo.cfm?Product_ID=1912

By the way, I cannot verify these sites. I have not bought anything from them. [Apart from WF, of couse, which I
30.gif
]

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oooh Steel, You should be ashamed of yourself! You are a very bad influence!!!!

I love love LOVE that first one from Diamonds by Lauren!!! Its gorgeous!!! And the asscher eternity band too!!!
30.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results