shape
carat
color
clarity

Eternity ring - asschers v. princess - channel set

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

milton333

Brilliant_Rock
I''m just window shopping
2.gif
for eternity rings. I absolutely love Asscher cuts, but wonder if the diamond would just be too small to appreciate in a channel set eternity band. What do you think? Would 6 point (.06 ct) asschers be too small? Should I go with similarly-sized princess instead?

Kay

Ideal_Rock
What does the engagement ring look like? Unless the e-ring is an Asscher, I would probably choose channel set princess diamonds. I don''t think you will be able to truly appreciate the pattern of the Asschers in that size, so I would rather have the sparkle from brilliant cut stones rather than step cut stones.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
In the size you''re talking, most people will assume you have dead looking princess cuts. An asscher is one of my favorites, but it needs to be large to appreciate the craftsmanship.

You could try emerald cuts if you wanted more flash than sparkle.

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
I agree in general with what Kay & Something Shiny have said. But on the other hand the teeny asschers set into the side of my ering are very small yet they are clearly asschers. So....maybe it''s up the quality of the stones??

milton333

Brilliant_Rock
I''m looking at signed pieces, fyi. My e-ring has round stones, I just like a channel-set look for an eternity ring, and a squarish stone for channel set. I thought the idea of bitty asschers was really cool. I''ll have to give more thought to princess, I thought the asscher might be more sophisticated, but can see that it could look dull.

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
I have to disagree - I have a channel-set wedding band (halfway around) with asschers and you can totally tell what they are, and I like the look much more than with princess cuts. I prefer step cuts like asschers or baguettes when channel set.

In fact, I''ve thought about switching the asscher in my engagement ring to a brilliant cut, but I love the wedding band as is.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results