shape
carat
color
clarity

Great/Unique/Funny Proposal stories????

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Neveah

Shiny_Rock
Now that most of us are up to our eyeballs in wedding planning, just thought it would be fun to share how all this madness started!!!

Did you know it was coming? Pick out your ring? Cry? Laugh?

I look back at mine and have to laugh. It was so US. I had NO idea. NO clue. NADA. Didn''t pick out the ring. Just got blindsided!!! We went to an NFL Monday night game. I had always wanted to go. (To a Monday nighter....FI and I had our first date at an NFL game : ) We won. We partied it up. We came home and were still dancing around celebrating. In my inebbriated state (not drunk, but had a sweet buzz!!!) I gushed and thanked him for such a fun, great night and we "cheered" our beverages. He said something like "bet I can top it" before leaving the room. I just thought he left to get more to "top" my drink off. (seriously. I know. awful story) Next thing I know when I turn around (as I was dancing. in the room. by myself.) He''s down on one knee. It took me a few seconds. Okay...longer than a few. I just didn''t get it. Then it dawned on me. And, being the classy elegant lady I am I started swearing like a sailor. "holy %%^*! No &^%$$ way!" Horror of horrors, I know. I was just shell shocked. He said a lot of incredibly wonderful things that I don''t remember.... And later when we talked he reminded me I never answered him! He gets 10 points for the suprise factor! I couldn''t stop giggling.... or looking down at my left hand. We had the best night. Just the two of us. I called my Mom (it was pretty late, but it''s my Mom) but we waited til the next day before telling anyone else. And the rest of the night was perfect. We celebrated
2.gif
, we laughed about the proposal (my reaction!), discussed wedding dates, all his sneaking around designing my ring, and so on! Bottom line it was PERFECT. It was US.

I can''t wait to hear everyone else''s.....

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
there''s a thread like this in the proposal idea''s section.
I''m being lazy as it''s only 8 am over here so I''m just going to copy and paste my post from that one
3.gif

D and I had bought our ring in July but he told me that it would be the end of the year before he proposed so I was thinking it would be around my birthday in December then. He told me late September that he was going to take me away for a weekend in October so I thought that it might be then but he was so convincing that it wouldn''t be so I thought nothing more of it. He wouldn''t tell me where we were going and not even if it was somewhere in Ireland(where we live) or somewhere european so I decided to call his bluff and say that I wasn''t going to bring my passport so he had to tell me it was abroad Yes I''m a big kid!
Well we woke up that morning and went to the airport and I found out we were going to Barcelona. He had taken me there previously as my 21st birthday present and so we both love Barcelona. We went sight seeing on the Saturday and ate lots of tapas and drank lots of Sangria. The next day we went up the Segrada Familia, ate more tapas and then D really wanted go go on the Cable Cars which take you over the city. I''m not a big fan of heights but he said that he really wanted to go on them so I decided I''d go. We were a couple of minutes on it and then he switched seats to sit beside me and said some lovely things and then gone down on one knee and took out our ring. We were so happy and just took photos of us the whole way up to the castle at the top of the Cable Car. It was fantastic and so romantic. We spent the rest of the day down by the port in this bar that has couches that you can lie on. We ordered plenty of champagne Sangria and rang all our family. I just thought it was so funny as at first D was like, ok I''ll just ring two of my friends and as soon as he had let them know he was like, right I have to ring the rest of them. He was so proud of himself telling all his friends how he proposed. I think what made it all the more romantic, was seeing how happy he was also. I wish I could relive it again as we were just so happy

tenfour

Shiny_Rock
yes, i knew it was gonna happen. we took a cab to tiffany''s (was raining, didn''t wanna walk), picked up my newly sized ring, and hopped in a cab to go back home. i was sitting in the middle seat in the back of the cab. he thought it was because i wanted to be near him since i he was proposing as soon as we got home, but in reality there was blood smeared on the window seat and i didn''t want to be near it. haha.
we get back home, sat around for a minute, and then took out the ring and put it on my hand. i said ''ummm (insert bad word here)...you''re supposed to ask first!!.'' he said ''so we''re gonna do this thing, right??'' and i said ''yup, for sure!!'' that was that.
i''m assuming some people won''t ''get'' our humour, but it was absolutely perfect for us.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results